Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
54 posts

Re: Or one of the default colours of the car could be used, s...

Nov 9, 2012

From what I'm getting from your posts, I think what you're looking for is mostly (but maybe not completely) accomplshed by Forza's livery editor. It's super easy to use, and making custom graphics that you can layer onto any car is simple. If Polyphony can make a similar system for GT6 (and there is much room for improvement!), you will love it. I'm hopling for a similarly great livery editor for GT6, because while Forza is a good game (I own it), GT is much better. Can't wait.

Message 271 of 509 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran turismo 6?

Nov 24, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:
that's what I don't like about nascars... they are just purely box-shaped racing machines. surely impressive, powerful muscular machines, but not really "cars" at all.  (now days)

re: nissan, you can bet the nissan car in this series (if rumor is true) would be just a tad bit faster than the rest, given the "GT-R" or "Kaz's fav cars" effect that GT5 has proven true.

Speaking of NASCARs, look up the 2013 concepts, they are bringing a more street car feel to them. Not insanely, but still an improvment.

I take my life a quarter mile at a time.
Message 272 of 509 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Re: Or one of the default colours of the car could be used, s...

Nov 24, 2012

ginsunh wrote:

From what I'm getting from your posts, I think what you're looking for is mostly (but maybe not completely) accomplshed by Forza's livery editor. It's super easy to use, and making custom graphics that you can layer onto any car is simple. If Polyphony can make a similar system for GT6 (and there is much room for improvement!), you will love it. I'm hopling for a similarly great livery editor for GT6, because while Forza is a good game (I own it), GT is much better. Can't wait.

I simply love Forza for the paint-decal booth. Easy to use, make some great art, and it really sets cars apart from each other.

I take my life a quarter mile at a time.
Message 273 of 509 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2858 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran Turismo 6?

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Based on the TPRA Enduro yesterday at SPA. a useful feature for some live events would be to be able to select teammates.

The option to run them simultainious or in Le-Mans style stints with driver change mode. Being able to have a team run the same car, tune and all, would add a realistic yet interesting element.

Why should the B-Spec guys have all the fun? lol

Message 274 of 509 (306 Views)
MVP Support
42251 posts

Dec 2, 2012

And step beyond GT itself, some players need a good wireless wheel.

A cheap and applicable control standard already exists in ZigBee, so maybe we will see such a wheel some day. Beyond GT, the PS4 could have it added at very little cost, for other types of controllers, since it is a control standard.

Message 275 of 509 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8489 posts

Dec 3, 2012

nuTTTz wrote:

Based on the TPRA Enduro yesterday at SPA. a useful feature for some live events would be to be able to select teammates.

The option to run them simultainious or in Le-Mans style stints with driver change mode. Being able to have a team run the same car, tune and all, would add a realistic yet interesting element.

Why should the B-Spec guys have all the fun? lol

yea, you should be able to have host define previously agreed upon teams, and allow one guy/girl to replace another player while in the pits...  then continue same car and same accumulated time.

I give you guys major props for figuring out a way to do it without such functionality.  props = kudos :smileyvery-happy:

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 276 of 509 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2858 posts

Dec 5, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:
I give you guys major props for figuring out a way to do it without such functionality.  props = kudos :smileyvery-happy:

Appreciated, Ill be sure to pass that along to the relevant team members:-)

Message 277 of 509 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Some of the issues we have with GT5 re. mixed class racing simply comes down to results displays. TBH, there's nothing to stop you saying put 8 drivers in LeMans prototypes, and 8 in GT cars. But getting the race end display to display time and position when the race ends for the prototypes is flawed. One of the causes of this is that all timing is related to the lead car. Your time of finishing is related to him (if you are close enough to even be timed), rather than the car ahead. And there is NO race end timer that is sufficient to account for a decent length race, with the GT class being lapped several times.

This also relates to in race timing. To be fair, I don't really want to know my timing in relation to the lead car unless I'm in 2nd! I want to know how my timing is doing against the car in front, and the car behind...

Changing the way GT6 figures out timing and scoring could help many aspects of the game.

I'd also like fastest lap for each driver displayed at the end of the race and in the final results page. What form of racing DOESN'T track that? It would also serve to keep trailing cars (maybe you had an off, or a shunt) interested in the race when any chance of the podium is gone. Currently, you have little to live for other than picking up a few places, and even that isn't acknowledged in scoring and timing.

How about, like most race results, showing how many positions picked up or lost in the final results page... bragging rights! I watch so many races where a large portion of the field drops out once any chance of the podium is gone. Anything to help that would be a good thing...

Message 278 of 509 (253 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Some thing else I would like to see. A lot of times when "going for a drive" I have a car in mind before I log in. It would be nice if there was a way to see what Races or Seasonal events that car is eligable for.

Message 279 of 509 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

May 18, 2013

My whishlist for Gran Turismo 6... (since Gran Turismo 3 really)

In order of importance:

1. better audio.  from engine sound to menu and in-game music, everything needs improvement. change that awkward way the cameras and the engine sound are connected. make it more so the sound coming from the car is one. also, I want to hear the turbo sound much clear and louder and from all camera angles. as for music, see Gran Turismo 1 for Playstation 1 (specially menu music).

2. rally needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. as it stands its boring. make it more like WRC with point to point stages, and with more authentic rally driving physics.

3. add motorbikes. this would be a huge selling point, and would make for some awesome online meets.

4.  add a mode were you can set up your dream races. set everything from which cars participate, to what upgrades they will have, grid position, amount of laps, a-spec or b-spec, etc.

5. more real world tracks. specially less-known ones like New Jersey Motorsports Park.  sometimes these tracks are more fun to drive in than the more popular ones. also, add a Drag Strip.

6. car damage. both physical and mechanical.

7. remove the rev limiter. let us blow up the engine if we are not careful.

8. less versions of the same cars! example, far too many mazda MX-5s, nissan GT-Rs, mitsubishi 3000GTs, etc.

9. would love to see more of highway tracks like the special stage route 7 from gt5. maybe even add some sort of traffic and/or traffic rules. :smileytongue: basically make a more real highway driving (racing :smileywink:)experience.

10. revamped career mode. let me use my starting car for longer. you are always forced to buy a new car that will meet the new requirements (90s car, 4WD, european, etc.). if not, then at least add far more races were the requirements arent so strict.

11 . cars have same driving aids as the real thing. for example, if a Lancia Delta didnt have traction control in 1991 then the game version of that car will not have a traction control option at all. same with abs, etc.

12. easier way to access used cars. have more used car dealerships, or an easier quicker way to get new arrivals to show up.

thats all i can remember for now.

Message 280 of 509 (142 Views)
0 Likes