Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3554 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran turismo 6?

Oct 2, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:
Can I make a suggestion please?  I really don't mean to sound like a @ss when I suggest this...for the sake of your replies not being so long, can you not double space every sentance and use paragraphs?

Yeah I know, I sound like the typical grammer police guy on every forum but I think others might dare to agree with me on this one.  Just so we can enjoy reading all of what you have to say without having to constantly scroll the screen.

Let me assist you this first time, remember, every thought has it's own paragraph.  See how much shorter and less screen space your replies now take?  Nice!

Of course you can suggest. However, I find paragraphs harder to read. I have vision problems with Diabetes and a head injury, makes my eyes go wonky, disrupts my thought patterns. Makes it difficult to drive. Everything all clumped together makes it harder for me to follow what's being said.

When I first started posting, I used proper grammar, paragraphs and even actual vocabulary words. I stopped using actual vocabulary words so much first, because people complained they couldn't understand. Then I stopped using paragraphs because they complained about the walls of text.

So I started making it really simple and spaced it all out...

So it would be easy to follow.

Easy to read and easy to digest.

You know, for everyone who didn't like the English language or couldn't afford to take the 2 minutes it took to actually READ a post during their busy, hectic, time stressed day. Yet somehow they could manage the 2+ minutes it took to type the reply... Which many times included the reference "I didn't actually read all of your post but I get what you're saying", which most of us know is international code for "I'm a complete moron".

And now someone is complaining about that.

So, now I'll just post however my head is working on any particular day and not care what anyone thinks of it anymore. It's my fault for giving a Carp about other people or the game at all in the first place. In the year plus here, this forum has done nothing but show me it is futile to care about anyone or anything for any length of time. I can take a hint. That is only slightly directed in your general direction LB, it's more for everyone else. No one here will have deal with me any more, or have my thoughts or cares to wade through anymore.

However, should I have that sudden craving to be labeled, belittled, criticized, bullied or made fun of, I'll be sure to make some posts spaced out and make some posts be all paragraphs (..nice..!..) to ensure everyone can be happy. At least 1/2 the time.

That way everyone will get the chance to witch with a B about my posts equally.

I mean I have to be fair... Right..?

For the record L_B, I don't think you came across as an @$$ at all. I thought you were quite polite. I am of the thought perhaps you just weren't reading as much back when I posted in the manner you suggest, so were unaware of why I don't anymore. Or perhaps didn't know about all the complaints I got for posting "properly".

But, by no longer posting at all...

See how much shorter and less screen space my replies will now take?  Nice! :smileywink:

I didn't mean to offend you with my request.  Since you explained it all to me, post how you wish. 

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 181 of 509 (282 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

Completely and 100% in my opinion, it is way too early to annouce GT6, of anything frequently talking about whats going to be in it.

Theres no point in making it until most to all bugs and fixes are done with and ready to be added into the next game. Same thing with PS4, its really a marketing strategy where people think, PS3 wasnt all that good because it had bugs and stuff like that, i think ill get PS4. Truly, it's a stupid move because there are still many bugs that are needed to be fixed, and they should really to small scale stuff that they would implement to the PS4 on the PS3.

Other than that, I would like to see (probably in updates, NOT the next game), actual like cities, highways, etc. that you can cruise in, make custom routes in, and stuff like that. People may ask, "Why?" It's becuase there are people out there that truly love to cruise, street race, and stuff like that with other people.

Another thing that would be nice would be more realistic crash scenarios, more wear on the vehicle like a carborator, or something on the car could break and essentially affect the car in a specific way.

***THE ONE THING, However, that would top the ice cream would be a Cops v.s Racers mode. There are amazing lobbys out there that do things like this and are usually fun when the game is running the right way. It's always great to run from escape and push the limits on you and your car. Especially now that Route X is out, it would be fantastic, and even better if there are those city and highway maps. 

And YES, I understand this is a, for the most part, Racing Game, but it is also qualified as a Driving Game, and SIMULATOR. These give it the right to own things like this, and would overall boost the games players and play time. It would be, "A Well Rounded Game."

Message 182 of 509 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Oct 4, 2012

okay, time for...

dead horse

Would be nice to get:

1. More customizable tire & wheel sizes/offsets

2. Customizable and/or downloadable liveries for RMs

Face it--when it comes to customizability, the competition is kicking your asphalt, PD.

Message 183 of 509 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8478 posts

Oct 4, 2012

GOM3RPLY3R wrote:

***THE ONE THING, However, that would top the ice cream would be a Cops v.s Racers mode. There are amazing lobbys out there that do things like this and are usually fun when the game is running the right way. It's always great to run from escape and push the limits on you and your car. Especially now that Route X is out, it would be fantastic, and even better if there are those city and highway maps. 

There is already a game that has cops vs racers.  If it does a better job at that mode, then I don't understand why people would want it in GT.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 184 of 509 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Agreed.

Go buy Horizons. You can crash through fences, oncoming traffic and all to your heart's content.

Or go by any Need for Speed (...but only because I'm really, really tired right now...) for that kind of thing.

I'd much prefer GT6 to take a more race oriented bent.

I'd like to start out in street cars, then go to progressively more race oriented machines as you progress through the license and single player modes. (...yes, I really do hope they develop a decent offline single player experience...)

I'd really like to see some specific racing formulas in the cars. Not just "an RM", but a choice of styles from gentleman's Saturday afternoon at the track with a few performance parts and "sports" tires to old NASCAR-USAC-ARCA types to old Trans AM types to the more modern Aussie V8 Supercars, the Rolex and Pirelli Sports cars and the ALMS-Lemans type cars.

I'd like to also see some race specific cars, but grouped through history not just as a car form here and there.

I'd like to see some paint and number options so you don't have 16 of the same car.

I'd like to revisit history, to totally immerse myself in the glory days of racing. I'd also like the game to reflect advancing as a driver up the ladder so to speak, to give some purpose or meaning to the levels other than "woot, I'm level 40..!"

I'd really like to see online races improve dramatically. There has to be more options to classify cars and specify specifics with parts and stages and add ons and detuning. The current system is OK, but it lacks the ability to really allow for non engine modified cars to run without being over HP'd and detuned, or to simply allow chassis adjustments only.

Leave all that street racing and being chased by cops to other games.

Last thing I need is a complex from being pulled over in the game every 5 minutes.

___

Photobucket
Message 185 of 509 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2853 posts

Oct 4, 2012

What do you want to see in Gran turismo 6?

Short answer, ME! 

While totally irrelevant when it comes to physics and such, I would like the ability to use the PS-eye to take my face and put it in my helmet.

Heck the ability to have a few pics ready to go and swap out would be great.

I would have a nice 'stinkeye' pic for intimidating NASCAR competitors, a scared wittless one for Nurburgring.

Might even slip one of the dog in there just to see if anyone is paying attention lol.

Message 186 of 509 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8478 posts

Oct 4, 2012

while I agree that SHOULD be a feature in GT, especially when some helmets do show the face.  there is one major problem.

genitals.

yes.  genitals.

people will put their "performance points" all over it and do all sorts of childish things.

but it would be really neat to allow the player to customize the look of their player...

I even made a thread once about the need for a female player, since there are pink suits and helmets and shtuff.  I mean, sure sometimes the player "strikes a pose" in the photo mode that looks sorta... feminine (not that there's anything wrong with that) but you can still tell that the shoulders are too broad and no hips to speak of.

they need...

male/female choice

human/alien choice, but you must reach "alien" status with your reputation as a racer to qualify for this (kidding)

skin-tone

other facial features.

everyone would have to weigh the same, though, as the game's mechanics seem to be set up to equalize that anyways.  which I agree.  don't penalize someone for making themself realistically "heavy" by making their kart refuse to go! lol

In many games, I can make my face look pretty close to real life, so hopefully GT has that some day too.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 187 of 509 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2053 posts

Oct 5, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

they need...

human/alien choice, but you must reach "alien" status with your reputation as a racer to qualify for this (kidding)

I remember being called  an "Alien" at one point. Then while racing in a lounge with Gar and Choate, I quickly realized what "Alien" status actually is. Mmmmm not quite there yet...lol. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 188 of 509 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2456 posts

Oct 5, 2012

My last take on this til GT6 hits the market.

I would think with or right after the PS4 comes out. That is rumored to be about a year out. But take that with a gran of salt. I can say sony launched a slim PS2 just before the PS3 hit the stores. There are a good deal of things that we where to have in GT5 that the PS could not keep up with. I think these things are ready and just waiting on the next PS. That PS is likely to be faster and have a bigger hard drive.( 1TB I would think as the new slimmer slim is to have 500MB)  Sony now knows that there flagship game can not run to it's fullest on the PS3. That will led them to fix that very soon or get passed up by other game systems. These are just my thoughts on and not what Sony has said.

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Message 189 of 509 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 5, 2012

thier sould be events like formula drift and in drift lobbies to actually count your drift points like in practice mode.more upgrades for example doing motor swaps like putting a rb26 on an s14 or putting a k20 into a honda civic.thier sould also have a 1/4 drag strip..

Message 190 of 509 (179 Views)
0 Likes