Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Re: What do you want to see in Gran turismo 6?

Aug 23, 2012

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

nvm

"I'd like to buy a vowel...?"

Smiley Very Happy

All kidding aside, kudo'd immediatey.

Any post that can stand using just three letters is a winner in my book.

Photobucket
Message 81 of 509 (1,024 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:
f GT6 had 100% premium cars in it, there could still be "used" cars in the game.  I can either buy a brand new F40 with zero miles on it for 60,000 credits and pick the color of my car, or I can go into the used section and buy a used F40 for $45,000 that has 47,354 miles on it, oil needs changed, engine needs a tune up, and your stuck with whatever the color is. 

well I was saying that if the cars are released to you in a logical progression, then you should never have to feel like you need to buy a used car instead of a new one for your progress through the career mode.

giving me a small discount (yes 15,000 is small because tires cost more than that) is just another gimmick to me.

"used" should mean "used".  not, "artificially labelled as used"

in other words, if they pay out on races in a way that would allow you to keep buying cars that will help you with the next race, then there is no need for that type of used system you are talking about.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 82 of 509 (1,022 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Aug 23, 2012

What I seem to be alone on I've noticed is, nobody really cares about adding MORE suspension features that can make the car's faster and respond better to the driver.

I would like to see wheel plus tire size customizable by height, width, and offsets as you would in real life. I don't mean crazy settings like 25" rims or anything. Example 255/40/17 tire, 17"x9" wheel with an offset +60 front and rear (or have different sizes F&R), but have a limit to each car's compatibility. Even add caster to further make the tuning more realistic. 

I'll give an example of car handling differences. If you're a good tuner, everyone knows the Amuse R1 S2000 is a very fast car. Now compare that to  a regular S2000 and you'll see what I mean.. The difference is outstanding, do you know why? Its because the R1 has those setting in the game I've mention in my previous example (obviously you can't tune it).

Am I  really alone on this?  

Message 83 of 509 (1,015 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Gar529 wrote:

What I'd like to see:

More refined setup tuning: Currently, many tuning settings are unrealistic or don't make sense. For example, we can run 10 degrees of camber, something you'd never ever see in real life, while only being able to put a maximum 1100lb/in spring (most cars only go up to 1000lb/in and some much less than that), too low for many race cars. Different tuning side to side, not just front to back. Lower and higher ride height settings; plus ride height settings as a tangible number such as 4cm off the ground (what exactly is a ride height of zero in GT5?). Tire pressure adjustments, caster adjustments. Simpler transmission settings; being able to adjust each gear by the thousandth is too much. Give us 10-20 settings for each gear and final, or at least give us the option so I don't have to spend 5 minutes to make 1 gear longer or shorter. Quick damper settings.

Tire Pressure and Caster are ones I've wanted to see for a long while. It would however negate the 0.00/0.20 TOE default on all the cars standard tunes. As Caster dynamically changes Camber and Toe, each car would have to have it's actual factual chassis setups in the game as default. That is not a bad thing to me at all, I think the game has reached a point where the general population can understand the slight increase in complexity in the tuning screen.

The reality of Transmissions is that thousandths are actually industry used. What I dislike is the arbitrary "set it wherever" between A & B. As you state, having a few gear sets to choose from would be a very welcome changes. What *should* be is the transmission be one of two or three available from a specific aftermarket source for racing, with 10 or so available gearsets from each. They'd be slightly different from each source, and maybe even you would have to "align" with suppliers and remain with them for that car.

The final Drive should be in the LSD screen, and that should be set in hundredths, as in 2.73, 3.56, 4.11 etc. 2.73's were a common final gear for parkway land yachts in the days of 3 speed automatics, where as 4.11/4.56 pumpkin gears are pretty normal for the drag strip and as optional equipment for the muscle cars of their era. A nice compromise was a low to mid 3, like a 3.42 or 3.55 ring gear, giving a nice off the line pop and a decent cruising RPM for both comfort and economy.

Translating that into racing, The Green Hell would love a low 3. or a 3.42, but it would truly make "Tsuck-a-ba" live up to it's moniker. However, that same transmission with a 4.11 gear would make the car a night and day change and make it right at home on the little tracks tight spaces. Or keeping the lower gear to control wheel spin but installing a trans gear set with closer ratios to accomplish the same goal as a strategy to help with tire wear... Ah, the possibilities. I'd welcome that change very much.

I don't quite get the damper settings. They're pretty simple now, aren't they..? I'd rather they went to something that actually showed some sort of relevance to performance, like telling me what this number actually represents, or when I set a shock to 6/6 on CSs it shows RED, as in Bad, as in too stiff. Find a way to work a color meter into the shocks display to show where the upper and lower values for any given tire compound are so I have a general idea where to start.

And then stop changing the physics model every two days so the numbers stay consistent.

Dynamic chart or diagram to show how current setting affect the car: Could show loaded ride height, curb weight, tire temperature inside, middle, and outside, tire pressures, etc.This would allow us to see how our adjustments are working, and at least we'd finally have a way to know how much camber to use.

I think this was what the "Tire Load Indicator" was supposed to do... And that tracking module that always crashes my game. It would be nice to have some sort of visual cue via green and red when making a change was a good thing or a bad one. I don't really know how you could easily represent or equate what you're seeing other than to have representative g force handling abilities at various loads and or speeds.

Realistic tire model: Currently, the grip on acceleration doesn't match the side to side grip, that needs to be fixed. Tire wear and degradation needs to be more realistic. Tires should be more individualized, a "comfort tire" shouldn't be available for a race car, and the same racing slick for that race car shouldn't be available for a Kei car. Tires shouldn't just be a grip multiplier, they should have unique characteristics. Street tires should have a more forgiving slip angle than race tires. Race tires should require a substantial amount of force going through them to operate properly.  Racing tires for endurance race cars should be able to last multiple stints (Toyota ran 5 stints on a set of tires at Le Mans this year, that's at least 55 laps, or 3 hours of running!). The hardest racing tires for a Formula car should struggle to make a 90minutes of running. Qualifying tires pretty much no longer exist, so we shouldn't have any tires that only last 2 or 3 laps.

Until they find a way to actually "attach" the cars to the track, as opposed to the "sandpaper on ice" effect we have now I don't believe they can. I'm waiting for a company to realize the attachment to a sub layer just below the track surface and the g forces actually forcing a loss of grip and causing a slide is the way to do things properly. No one has done it yet. They all do it backwards, treating tires as "glue" on "ice". As long as that's the method, trying to account for speed vs. g force becomes a complex problem, the result of which is the lack of bite or initial acceleration you notice. 

It's not an exact correlation, but this is also the  reason getting a car to wheelie is so difficult. A car with large amounts of Torque and HP is interpreted as a car with a large g force applied, and as such is treated with the same loss of grip as a car doing 190 MPH in a hair pin and spinning out. You and I know they are completely separate and unrelated events, but the numbers don't. They just see a huge force applied and take away grip accordingly. It tells me that speed is not accounted for properly in the grip equation at the minimum, as a car at rest should not encounter all the sliding around you can do just parked on a hill and burping the throttle or hitting the brakes.

And I totally agree on the wear. Tire wear is downright sinful in this game. The only thing less "real world" is the instantaneous on/off hot cold cycles.

I'd also like to see the chance for tire failures for prolonged red use and for contact with another car or barrier. I'd like to see it weighted to where the victim of contact is less susceptible to losing a tire than the aggressive instigator of the contact. #1 easiest way to eliminate the demolition derbies that occur with such frequency in open lobbies and using the AI as mobile walls would be the threat of having to pit every other lap from losing a tire for either over driving your car or just ramming it into everyone. Not having any consequences for this behavior has lead to driving bullet proof vehicles with impunity, and certainly has the opposite effect of "respsecting the sacredness of the cars".

Ability to start a session with a specific amount of fuel in the tank.

Ability to take only fuel, only tires, or change only a specific tire(s) in a pit stop.

Different sized fuel tanks for different cars and different fuel delivery methods; pressurized refueling for F1, gravity fed fueling for NASCAR and sports cars, why not standard fuel pumps for non race cars? (that's what they use in the Dubai 24 hours Smiley Very Happy)

This could be handled by simply allowing pit strategy to be set prior to race start. Set the fuel and tires from the get go, and count them as maximums. If you want to change mid race, you can still do so with the pit road tote board, but if you did a little homework, you wouldn't have to.

This could also be used to address the different size fuel tanks you'd like to see. A simple limit capacity on the fuel tank in the code for each car would cap the amount you could put in. Wouldn't matter what "size" tank was in the car, each car would just have a limit to the capacity of fuel it could carry. An easy way to have different "sizes" of fuel tank without having to change anything about the cars themselves.

I'd also LOVE to see adding or subtracting fuel or changing tire type mapped to buttons. To increase fuel load, use the R2, use L2 to lower the amount. Used the R1 and L1 to scroll the tire choices. So much easier than moving to a menu item, then trying to adjust in record time and hoping you get it done in time.

You should also be able to adjust tire pressure and Aero on the car during a pit stop. The Pit strategy board should be able to be called up at any time while racing, so you could set up a pit stop during long straights during a run in the HUD.

Almost like having a crew chief...

Racing Modifications for all cars, or failing that, give us more aero kits to bolt on, let us bump out the wheel arches, and put bigger, wider

tires on to make our own race cars.

This is something I've wanted since day 1. The "RM" mode is SO under utilized. A Race Chassis with variable tire widths even for standard cars would not be hard to do, it's simply a matter of wheel base and track. Nothing makes this game a turn off to me more than a Pontiac GTO with a "Race Chassis" still running 4" wide slicks and hubcaps. It's pathetic. The same chassis could be used for ANY car, and a generic roll cage too.

Taken a step further, having RM variations like Stock Car, Trans AM, Sports Car and Touring Car or the like with various wheel arch and ground effect kits as standard for "the look" would be HUGE.

It would also be nice to see the wheel selections for RM cars be everything from 5/6 lug old school steel wheels to modern single retainer ALMS and Aussie V8 types. 

30+ racers for online racing (40+ would be amazing; if the car count could increase x2 from PS2-PS3, I expect the same from PS3-PS4)

Password protected online racing rooms

The lag would be incredible... I have a 2-3 meg upload and a 15-20 DL right now and still see glitches in rooms. PD would have to MASSIVELY upgrade their hardware, and also MASSIVELY rethink their penchant for fine details vs. painfully obvious flaws for that to be possible. 

I would like to just have my own lounge be mine...

More host control for online rooms; allow specific cars, specific tuning parts, specific HP, weight, PP, etc. requirements

More online room race settings: Standing start, rolling starts available on all tracks; specific pit procedures (work can't be done while fuel is going into car, NASCAR style pit stops, 2 tire changers, 4 tire changers, F1/DTM style stops, etc.), timed races, adjustable tire wear/fuel consumption rate

You mean give us control of things...? Someone at PD just had a coronary.

But I'd love to be able to set everything specific, have the tuning screen pulled up and disallow or allow anything on it from stage upgrades to air filters. It would be truly great to allow chassis tuning but not allow any engine or weight tampering for example.

Flag system for online races; Blue flag for lapped traffic, yellow flags to alert drivers of upcoming danger, etc.

More realistic slipstream effect (less of a boost)

More realistic aero drag; give us a reason to run anything other than max downforce all the time

Weak draft is pretty decent, not truly great, but a far cry better than the normal "electro magnet mode" of normal. At least you can get a guy loose, and you have to be careful pulling out of the draft to pass.

The PP system punishes HP too much, gives little credit to added weight and far too little a penalty for Aero.

In testing SCREAM Vipers, we found adding the aftermarket wing was equal to appx 25 kg's of wt on the car. The handling was "different", but not anywhere near what that kind of stability cost vs. the wt applied. In the other game, the difference in aero from factory to aftermarket wing is 200 lbs of downforce. It's unknown how that is equated here, it's just a random number. Over there, the price of that extra downforce is meted out much more as it should be. Yes, you get extra stability... But you also have to contend with added rear tire issues and having to totally rebalance the front, as you lose turn in on entry until the Aero threshold is broken. It's a much more dynamic change that allows you to compensate to your driving as opposed to an "oh look, more DF, yay...!"

I'd be OK with flags, but as the damage model mostly sucks wind, and there are no real wrecks or carnage or cars staying stationary as "non drivable", I think the corner yellows and blue/black flags would suffice. It would be nice if the penalty system worked too, so you could get a penalty for passing at a corner displaying a yellow...

If they were to up the damage ante, and make race ending incidents a possibility, a safety car could be used. It's be nice to actually see that GT pace car actually do something.

Custom FOV settings

Ability to turn off in car steering wheel and driver

Yes please. Nothing beats having to watch my stick figure in uniform drive like he's at the McDonald's Drive thru and remember to move his hands to move the lever a second and a half after I shifted... 

And I'd like to be able to set mirrors in all views. Or even actually HAVE them.

And I really fail to see the point in having half a side mirror on a car in the widest view possible, yet have a 1/3 of the screen actually show me where I am on the track. There are some serious depth perception issues with the in car view. But as always, it's because the focus was on the bells and whistles and "details" of the interior, not on being in the car and racing. It's like the interior view is a TV show, you're just along for the ride.

And having a car with all the race mods still appear like I;m driving it off the show room floor doesn't help the immersion much either...

Photobucket
Message 84 of 509 (1,011 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 23, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:
f GT6 had 100% premium cars in it, there could still be "used" cars in the game.  I can either buy a brand new F40 with zero miles on it for 60,000 credits and pick the color of my car, or I can go into the used section and buy a used F40 for $45,000 that has 47,354 miles on it, oil needs changed, engine needs a tune up, and your stuck with whatever the color is. 

well I was saying that if the cars are released to you in a logical progression, then you should never have to feel like you need to buy a used car instead of a new one for your progress through the career mode.

giving me a small discount (yes 15,000 is small because tires cost more than that) is just another gimmick to me.

"used" should mean "used".  not, "artificially labelled as used"

in other words, if they pay out on races in a way that would allow you to keep buying cars that will help you with the next race, then there is no need for that type of used system you are talking about.

I'd not like to lose used cars completely.

There are many instances where I need a car for an event short term that makes buying a new one a waste of money. Having a few used cars hanging around on the dealer lots or in a revamped UCD would still be a welcome thing.

Even more interesting would be to have to go to an "auction" to get a "new" older car. You wouldn't be able to buy a "new" 70 Challenger at the Dodge dealer for example. You'd have to go to the AH to pick one up, where the price could fluctuate from race day to race day. Heck, maybe even a coupon deal to get "1/2 off any new Mopar" could be a prize. Check back and one day you see prices are down so you gwt that cherry collectable Challenger for 40% less than most days.

As for trading, I still would like to see a ticket type system with a point alottment. So many per sign in, extra trade points for events, seasonals, trade ins of prize cars you don't want etc. They could be traded like anything else. Every car would require you and the perspective customer have the trade points needed to cover the transaction. You could trade an X2010 if you wanted, but you'd have to save and or collect serious points to do so. And anything you got in return would lower that amount by whatever the value was provided the owner had the points to trade it.

Every part, color, car, everything would have a trade value.

It would sure beat all this duping nonesense, and would allow for some sort of deal wrangling to actually happen.

And maybe even make all those can't be sold prize cars worth something to get rid of. I hate that garbage more than not being able to trade anything. At least give me a discount on some car if I trade it in. A car that can't be sold off...? Seriously...? Real world anything my buttockal region.

Just deleting it makes it worthless.

Which makes it another mixed message about the "value" and "sanctity" of the cars in the game.

I don't see how making a car totally worthless to me makes me want to respect it, do you..?

I must seriously be on the wrong logic boat...Where's Gopher..? I need a drink.

Everytime I think of this type of thing...

All I can think is that I'm buying a ticket for the Titanic's maiden voyage...

"Land Ho...!"

"Gee Wally, that 'land' looks awful white..."

_____

Photobucket
Message 85 of 509 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Redsun_Richy wrote:

What I seem to be alone on I've noticed is, nobody really cares about adding MORE suspension features that can make the car's faster and respond better to the driver.

I would like to see wheel plus tire size customizable by height, width, and offsets as you would in real life. I don't mean crazy settings like 25" rims or anything. Example 255/40/17 tire, 17"x9" wheel with an offset +60 front and rear (or have different sizes F&R), but have a limit to each car's compatibility. Even add caster to further make the tuning more realistic. 

I'll give an example of car handling differences. If you're a good tuner, everyone knows the Amuse R1 S2000 is a very fast car. Now compare that to  a regular S2000 and you'll see what I mean.. The difference is outstanding, do you know why? Its because the R1 has those setting in the game I've mention in my previous example (obviously you can't tune it).

no, you're definitely not alone, or in the minority for that matter.  I love the qaulifying statement that you dont' want crazy rim sizes, cuz that really shows that it's a legitimate need, and not just a "want to make my car look badass" kind of request.

we do need tire width, size, and pressure for that matter.  we do need caster, though Dan's said that there is some caster adjustment hidden in the camber/toe adjustments that you can't independently control but approximated by those settings.

I think tire width is probably the most important... compatibility limitations are a given on some types of cars.  but there are some classic muscle cars that cannot perform well along side their rivals, and therefore cannot viably be considered for the same racing events because they ahve too skinny of a tire.  just adding a wider tire to match what the others are using would be a great way of making more cars able to run together.

one could set up race specs that read something like "if you use a car with a tire width less than 255, then upgrade until 255".  bam.  problem solve.d  (I think)

Message 86 of 509 (1,004 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

Redsun_Richy wrote:

Yep...

Been asking for some basic tuning stuff like Air Pressure and Caster, and RM / Race Chassis stuff since 1.06...

And I'm not alone.

It's just that we've been asking for so long, we kind of gave up wondering whether PD was listening or not.

That and the people here are what you'd call "problem solvers".

When PD doesn't fix it, a group of us get together and find ways to work around it...

Ask any of the guys and girls around in the days of Prologue and what they had to do.

(edit... That doesn't mean we weren't asking for wheel and tire options too, BTW. In that, as Ex said, you are definitely NOT alone...)

Photobucket
Message 87 of 509 (1,003 Views)
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

I stand corrected.. I'm FINALLY happy there are other's who feel the same way. I was going to add more to my post, but felt that was probably enough.  

Everything mentioned in that post Dan put, is what I dreamt for in GT5. Maybe they'll up there game in GT6.. 

I swear I feel like a tear is coming, haha.. Everytime I mention this kind of in depth look of the game of what could be better and no-one listened on the PSN.

Thanks for that, you guys made my day! Smiley Happy 

Message 88 of 509 (1,000 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:

You should also be able to adjust tire pressure and Aero on the car during a pit stop. The Pit strategy board should be able to be called up at any time while racing, so you could set up a pit stop during long straights during a run in the HUD.

Almost like having a crew chief...

one thing about doing this would be that they'd have to keep GAS and BRAKE pedals/buttons active while in the start menu.

if on a straight and you feel you have enough time to click around, fine.  but they have to let you brake and gas.  steering probably wouldn't work input-wise until you exit the menu, though.

would also be a nice feature for when you're on text chat and need to apologize for late braking and bumping a competitor... very next straight you could hit start, still gas, and type up "sorry bout that... i'll brake earlier next time"

I was able to do that on Sarthe on Tuesday with the Tunas, but that's just because I got up to 6th gear and let it coast for a moment while I typed.

not very affective though.

then in menus, if gas is still gas, and brake is still brake, they'll have to program the enter and cancel buttons to not map the same as gas/brake.  currently hitting gas is like "hell yea" and brake is "forget that".

Message 89 of 509 (994 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

"one could set up race specs that read something like "if you use a car with a tire width less than 255, then upgrade until 255".  bam.  problem solve.d  (I think)"

The 255 stands for the height of the tire, 40 would be the width, and 17 is the size for the wheel it's set for. The offset +60 stands for how far the wheel sticks away from the car, making it more stable. Hope that helps Smiley Wink

Less pressure at the front than rear makes over steer and visa versa is under steer. 

Message 90 of 509 (991 Views)
0 Likes