Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
68 posts

Re: What Should Be In GT6

Oct 6, 2012

I know the details of a game cannot be catered to everyone's specific wants and needs. The afore mentioned were just two things that I would personally like to see added.  A course creater in which I could try my best to recreate real world tracks would be awesome but not possible.

Message 11 of 14 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Okay, first of all, theres no point in this, GT6 is a stupid thing, for right now, becuase its way to early, especially comparable to how PS said PS4 was coming out next year, I mean really. You need to get as many bug fixes that you can get fixed done until you can't fix them at all. Then from theres it's probably okay to announce for one year or more in advance and do a few demo tests on the PS3.?

But anyways, GT6 is stupid, this game came out only 2 years ago, meanwhile, GT4 came out it about late 2005, which was a 5 year wait for most people, and by then, most of the bug fixes were done. GT6 shouldn't come out for 2 years at MINIMUM. But if there were to be things, we would need our basic bugs fixed, and a few cool features.

THE ONE THING though that is really dumb is how there's "Car Restrictions: Unrestricted" and then you can't go in with you cart. I have to say that is dumb. People could have loads of fun using karts against like a Fiat 500 or a Nissan Leaf. And plus, they should make carts that can exceed 100 mph and have at least 2 gears. That could allow for more diverse competition, and would compare to real life. 

Theres a place in Pennsylvania where you can drive these elite karts that have 3 or 4 gears and can go up to 140 MPH, and someone under 17 can drive it. That would be more fun and make more sense.

Message 12 of 14 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8438 posts

Oct 8, 2012

the tricky thing about the qualifying in A-spec races is that it allowed the user to jump to the front easily due to extra power mods and then win the race without having to.... race.

I believe the exclusion of the qualifying in a-spec races is deliberate based on a strategy to get people to learn how to pass.  (not that passing GT's AI is teaching you exactly how it's really done, but it's a start)

FWIW I agree that it should be left out of the franchise.  We have it in Online modes and if they give us a few more options for controlling the q'ing sessions, it would be great.  But for offline modes they want you to pass for the wins.

Believe it or not, the online racing would be a lot more sloppy if everyone was able to win races easily and then jump into an online race with no experience at all passing anything.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 13 of 14 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2300 posts

Oct 8, 2012

"A course creater in which I could try my best to recreate real world tracks would be awesome but not possible."

Oh...idk. I woudn't say that 'it's not possible'. 

Most of the main problems in re-creation efforts are due to the limited number of nodes (vertices) and more importantly, the inability of a player to move those nodes at will, which limits one's ability to modify the spline fits. Obviously, in order to recreate a real track, (or an imaginary track that goes beyond present bounds of the 5 or six topography flavors) one would also need incremental control on the topography as well, which theoretically could be resolved via player uploaded topography maps, but that one's a bit more of a twister and unlikely to happen in GT6 no matter. I still think it's a shame that PD can't publish a PC version, where many of the limitations that the PS/Sony model imposes could easily be overcome. But nonetheless...it's still an awesome game.

hola GT5-ians. been a while.

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 14 of 14 (132 Views)
0 Likes