Dec 18 2009
By: niner4life9 I Only Post Everything 905 posts

Well call me disappointed.

98 replies 58 views Edited Dec 18, 2009
I am let down by this demo. That demo had damage. The default controls are a joke. Who in the world use the right stick for gas and brakes? The cars turned poorly. They handled like I am driving on ice. I must admit the tuned car was a lot better but still not that great. The graphics of the cars are good so not complaints there. The surrounding enviroment of the track was bland looking. I am still going to buy the game because I am looking forward to see how they handle the Nascar's however I hope it is going to be alot better than this.
Message Edited by niner4life9 on 12-18-2009 07:52 AM
Message Edited by CronoEX on 12-18-2009 11:58 AM
Message 9 of 99 (58 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1174 posts

Re: Well call me disappointed.

Dec 18, 2009
I have always been a big fan of GT and love the why this game looks.  My only disappointment is the car handling.  I find it slides around and spins out to much.  Now I know a bunch of you will say learn to drive but I just find it alittle to slippery out there.  Now maybe it is because I just finished NFSSmiley Frustratedhift so I am use to that handling.  I know once I play a few more rounds of this demo I will get more use to the handling but I bought the new GT for psp and the handling is much better then this.  Anyone else find this too, its like you have to fight most of the time to keep the car striaght coming out of the corners and that is in low gear at a low speed too.
Message 1 of 99 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
867 posts

Dec 18, 2009

As another thread pointed out. How does anyone know the car slides around too much? Have all of you guys drivin this car to see what happens when you only drive with the throttle all the way down? That's what you have to remember unless you're really adept at the right analog stick configuration. Anybody who's drivin a car with comparable horse power will tell you when you slam the gas down, the car is gonna slide all over the place. The fastest thing I've been in is a G8 GT and can vouvh for this phenomenon. I think the vast majority of people are using the dualshock controller and the x button for gas. The x button isn't much of gas pedal. You're either stopped or you have the pedal to the proverbial floor. That isn't realistic in terms of how one would drive. It IS hyper realistic in terms of how the car should perform with that type of throttle input.

All that said. I don't think Polyphony picked the best way to demo the up coming game. With just a dualshock it definately is difficult to control. If that is representative of the difficulty of the game I'm not sure how excited I can get about actually having fun playing it.

Message Edited by LordD2 on 12-18-2009 06:31 AM
Message 2 of 99 (58 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Dec 18, 2009
Lord D2, i agree totally with your post but as a 6Axis user i just have onething to say. The X button can't substitute for a pedal totally but with careful tapping, and with varying force of the each tap, the throttle can be manipulated, it just takes some feeling to. This isn't only to you but to all control users, a wheel is always better but a control can offer very sophisticated driving ability, just ask Gar

PS: Gar like someone else said, enjoy the Indy500.
Message 3 of 99 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Dec 18, 2009
i wouldn't wait until the full release comes out and use nascar to verify your judgement of the new physics model unless u r already aware of how ordinary they handle. u will be disappointed.
Message 4 of 99 (58 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 18, 2009
I think you all are forgetting GT5 is a driving simulation not a arcade style racing game.  As a veteran Autocross racer  I was quite impressed of how realistic the handling physics are in the demo.  The vast diffence in grip and breaking between the stock Z and mod Z really exemplify the difference in your everyday stock driver to a track prepared beast!
Message 5 of 99 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
867 posts

Dec 18, 2009

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lord D2, i agree totally with your post but as a 6Axis user i just have onething to say. The X button can't substitute for a pedal totally but with careful tapping, and with varying force of the each tap, the throttle can be manipulated, it just takes some feeling to. This isn't only to you but to all control users, a wheel is always better but a control can offer very sophisticated driving ability, just ask Gar

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

And I agree with you sir. I've played all of the GT's and they are all very fine tuned games.  I have grown accustomed to using that very method to gain more precise control. It is the 'realistic driving simulator'. I think that's how it goes. On the face of it though a controler is not the most realistic method of controlling a car.

My point was simply in addressing all the gripes of everyone saying the steering is lousy or the steering is wrong. You and I know it isn't. The reality is that this is as hyper realistic as a driving game has ever been from a control stand point.

Message Edited by LordD2 on 12-18-2009 06:53 AM
Message 6 of 99 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Dec 18, 2009
Sounds like these test cars handle as poorly as they do early on in the game.. An not like the F1 formula racers... Another poor decission on PD's part... Do you have the option to tune the car, by adjusting the suspension?
Message 7 of 99 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Dec 18, 2009

Five+ years and they still have the same gamy sounding screeching tire sound the had in GT4?!?!?!?! Give me a break, Grid and NFS Shift have better sound effects.

The environment looks "dead", flat and sterile. Yes, great looking, but fake. I don't know, it doesn't look much better than GT5p. 

Very disappointed. 

Message 8 of 99 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1615 posts

Dec 18, 2009
I think GT5 (when it comes out) will top all other racing games. This is how a 370Z would handle in real life. If you don't believe me, then try doing that in real life and see how you can compare with GT5 Time Trial. It was hard, at first (the first time I tried out the demo), but I got used to it quickly, so I have a feeling that GT5 Time Trial is not an arcade racer, ppl.

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 10 of 99 (58 Views)
0 Likes