Sackboy
583 posts

Re: Wanna race?

Jul 16, 2012

zeedesertrat wrote:

I do know how to set up a room but prefer to join for now since I am new.   I have raced on-line but most rooms have wreckers , rude drivers and are not helpful.   Have had a few good times in open rooms but many are not very good.   Look forward to seeing your post regarding racing.  Thanks Again.

Any room that I set up, If anyone starts to intentionally drive into people, they're booted/banned as soon as the race is ended.

Thank you:
Lil_Guard_Dog
_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_
20+ Remote Races ran daily as well as daily vehicles & other prizes given out @
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36466084#36466084

See My Garage & Items here!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/32647

For information on my Real Life racing group, as well as track times/dates:
www.speedwayperformance.org

***NOTE*** I do NOT send friend requests. If you wish to join, send me a request, and I'll add you.
Message 71 of 324 (741 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Jul 16, 2012

I'm going to set this thread to "Float to top" as it's completely random as to when I manage to get to race online, and it would be nice to be able to catch a few of the other players in here once in a while, instead of just the ones that randomly come into my open room, or the few players on my XMB friends list that actually are online and available!

This way I'll be able to create the room, come in here and post details of the room I set up, along with the room number, and then anyone on the forum can pop in, without having to specifically be on my friends list, as you can search for a room by specific id number.

As an aside, I generally run shuffles, to keep everything fairly close, regardless of skill level, and I also tend to run a random assortment of courses from all of the user-created custom tracks that are re-downloaded every week from everyone on my friends list (just in case they change what they have shared!)

Makes for some fun races, as it also eliminates the track familiarity advantage that most people would have with the regular tracks.

Thank you:
Lil_Guard_Dog

***NOTE*** I do NOT send friend requests. If you wish to join, send me a request, and I'll add you.
Message 72 of 324 (739 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

TPRA  Touring Car Practice at Spa.

Touring Cars

374 HP( If over 374, engine Limit) Turbos only on engines below 374 HP initially

1100 kg

548 PP

Racing Softs.

Come on out and turn a wheel, Son.........

What a fun night of racing this was. Crow showed up, there ended up being 6 TPRA Racers, as well as 3 racers that I've never met. The racing was quite good, clean , and respectful, I thought.

We had a great time, and got valuable info for the 6 week Series that will start next Saturday Night at 7 PM Pacific/ 10 PM eastern.

I'll post a link to specific details tomorrow if I get a chance.

Thanks to all who showed up and had fun. Good Times.Smiley Happy

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 73 of 324 (733 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 [S] - Modifications allowed
Audi Abt TT-R Touring Car '02 [S]
Audi A4 Touring Car '04 [S]
Subaru CUSCO ADVAN Impreza '03 [S] - Modifications allowed
Subaru CUSCO Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08 [P] - Modifications allowed
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01 [S]
Mercedes-Benz AMG 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92 [S] - Modifications allowed
Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00 [S]
Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car '97 [S]
Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00 [S]
Opel Calibra Touring Car '94 [S]
Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00 [S]
Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car '94 [S]
BMW 320i Touring Car '03 [S] - Modifications allowed
Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04 [S] - Modifications allowed
Toyota ALTEZZA Touring Car[S] - Modifications allowed
Mazda Atenza Touring Car [S] - Modifications allowed
Mazda Mazda6 Touring Car [S] - Modifications allowed

Only the cars indicated above may have turbo and engine upgrades to get to the power and PP caps. The others will likely need to be limited and/or ballasted.

Tires - Racing: Soft

Maximum Performance Points - 548PP

Power limit - 374 hp

Weight minimum - 1100 kg

Your car must meet all of the restrictions at the same time, Maximum Performance Points, Power Limit Minimum Weight and Maximum Weight. Some cars will have to sacrifice power to make the Performance Points restriction. Please run AT the minimum weight. Building your car up then using the power limiter or adding ballast weight it in an attempt to manipulate the PP formula goes against the spirit of the regulations.

This is a basic overview of the cars. The RX-7 TC May be added, as well as possibly another TC or two.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 74 of 324 (730 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44775 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

I am going to experiment in my lounge with Shuffle mode, for a while, if anyone is interested.

Message 75 of 324 (708 Views)
Sackboy
583 posts

Jul 17, 2012

I found that the most fun with shuffle mode is to set the second slider for shuffle down to 1 or even 0 (for the vehicle difference between win/loss)  then, no matter what the PP you set, it ends up being really close most of the time.

Oddly enough, I've also had a LOT of luck with keeping it to lower powered vehicles!  I almost always run shuffle, and I've had the best experiences doing thus!

MastrGT wrote:

I am going to experiment in my lounge with Shuffle mode, for a while, if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately, although I'm VERY interested, I'm unfortunately going to be quite busy tonight, so Unfortunately I won't be able to make it!

Thank you:
Lil_Guard_Dog

Message 76 of 324 (713 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44775 posts

Jul 17, 2012

I had to wait for someone to join me, to be able to run a test race. NumbSkuld helped me out and we experienced some strange car mixes.

I changed from the middle ratio to the lowest (1?), to the highest ratio (10). In every case, no matter who won or by how much, I was given a significantly better car than poor NumbSkuld! According to the scroll notes, this was unexpected.

Message 77 of 324 (699 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Jul 18, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

I had to wait for someone to join me, to be able to run a test race. NumbSkuld helped me out and we experienced some strange car mixes.

I changed from the middle ratio to the lowest (1?), to the highest ratio (10). In every case, no matter who won or by how much, I was given a significantly better car than poor NumbSkuld! According to the scroll notes, this was unexpected.

I found that every time you change the ratio, it resets the calculations.  You have to keep the vehicle adjustment ratio the same (I have it at 1 all the time for closer races) and DON'T TOUCH IT AGAIN.

Use the vehicle PP slider to change the type of vehicles without resetting anything.  Works best that way, and you have to run at least 3-4 races without changing the adjustment ratio (1-10) before the vehicles start balancing themselves out.

Thank you:
Lil_Guard_Dog

Message 78 of 324 (684 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44775 posts

Jul 18, 2012

The scrolling note indicated that it took the last race into account, so I was experimenting based solely on that.

Message 79 of 324 (681 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3754 posts

Jul 18, 2012

But it is all too often that the text says something which is either wrong, or is really not applied...

How do you know what to trust or not?  I mean if they seem to REFUSE to do something as simple as add the word "NOT" to one of the online race options, they give the impression of not caring whether what anything says is accurate...

Sad, but very true.

LOVE the game, but it is annoying sometimes.

Message 80 of 324 (677 Views)
0 Likes