Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Re: Wanna race?

Jul 8, 2012

With a bunch shorter races the host can race and deal with trouble makers at the end of each race. We use a 3 step process before DAS BOOT.

1) If there is a car restricktion, all new drivers that are not in proper car is notified via text or voice.

2) If they refuse to change cars- They are booted.

3) Rough driving and  corner cutting is a auto kick. You can see this before a race during the free run.

Photobucket
Message 61 of 324 (742 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

Buncha' dudes in the DriverSports lounge practicing for tonights' race. Feel free to join us.

PM me on the PSN and I can accept your FR to the DriverSports PSN ID.

DriverSports.org
Message 62 of 324 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Jul 8, 2012

I just built a Mitsu GTO and am starting to practice

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 63 of 324 (718 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3758 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

The first DM's Daytime Drive will tentatively be this Wednesday at 4:00 eastern.

I'm announcing this early (will announce it again on Wednesday as a reminder) because it'll take a little prep work beyond the usual...

Production Car from Before 1990

Engine 2.0 liters or less.

50,000 credit upgrade budget.  Starting with a stock car.

Tires are included in budget limit.  So the race tires would cost you other upgrades.

Oil changes free.  Rebuilds normal cost...

Paint and wheels free as well...

Now I gotta go see what can be done to my favorite cars for 50,000...

(Yes, I am starting with a very small headstart, depending on when you see this post.)  Smiley Happy

Message 64 of 324 (716 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44780 posts

Jul 8, 2012

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

.............Because we would be representing the SONY forum, we would have to be very careful of our conduct on-line, however.

Any ideas about how to do this, so that it stays fun, but doesn't get out of hand?

I don't know how it is now, but past behavior in GT Saturdays Events (such as rough driving, corner cutting, not following rules/specs), attitudes, and comments posted in the chat by Forum regulars in the GT Saturdays, is exactly why you NEVER see any TPRA involvement anymore. If all racers participating are not held to a respectable standard and it is not Enforced, we cannot expect the numbers to grow.

I'm Just Sayin.............Smiley Wink

Yeah, I can see this getting out of control really easily. Unless someone is going to monitor things, the room would probably degrade.

Message 65 of 324 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

.............Because we would be representing the SONY forum, we would have to be very careful of our conduct on-line, however.

Any ideas about how to do this, so that it stays fun, but doesn't get out of hand?

I don't know how it is now, but past behavior in GT Saturdays Events (such as rough driving, corner cutting, not following rules/specs), attitudes, and comments posted in the chat by Forum regulars in the GT Saturdays, is exactly why you NEVER see any TPRA involvement anymore. If all racers participating are not held to a respectable standard and it is not Enforced, we cannot expect the numbers to grow.

I'm Just Sayin.............Smiley Wink

Yeah, I can see this getting out of control really easily. Unless someone is going to monitor things, the room would probably degrade.

Don't get me wrong at all, my friend. I am not being defeatist and saying that it cannot be done. I am just stating that a reasonable expectation would be that for this to work, there must be enforcement of correct behavior.

Any respectful organization of clean racing has to deal with this. It is what differentiates clean, organized, respectful racing from the

" Wild West, anything goes" style of doing things. It can be done,  and many of us have already accomplished it. It does, however, take commitment, and a strong desire to see things through.

Edit: spelling.

Message 66 of 324 (696 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3758 posts

Jul 9, 2012

Production Car from Before 1990

Engine 2.0 liters or less.

50,000 credit upgrade budget.  Starting with a stock car.

Tires are included in budget limit.  So the race tires would cost you other upgrades.

Oil changes free.  Rebuilds normal cost...

Paint and wheels free as well...

Now I gotta go see what can be done to my favorite cars for 50,000...

Well, THAT didn't work.  The idea was NOT to give my favorite cars an unfair advantage. 

Tha A110 absolutely dominates that spec.  Discard that car and the 5 Turbo does the same, but not quite as badly.

How about trying the same except:

Must buy car, no longer free car.  125,000 budget. 

(I may have to disallow the A110 anyway... We'll see.)

Yes, I should test these specs before announcing them, but then I WOULD have a headstart...

Besides reading this process I am going through may help others making specs.

Examples of what NOT to do.  LOL

Message 67 of 324 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3758 posts

Jul 9, 2012

If anyone wants to have a go at anything, I'll be in my lounge in a few and probably for the rest of the afternoon.

I seem to prefer 400-500 PP cars (I can usually manage them) and kinda like Sport tires as I like sports car type racing as opposed to race cars when I drive.

I'll try to look for FRs, if any come and respond asap, but know I might not get you right away.  But I'll try.

Thanks, all.

Message 68 of 324 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3758 posts

Jul 11, 2012
I'm going into the lobby in a few minutes fo if anyone wants to join me, you are welcome.

Thanks, all.

Specs in message 67... but we can work something out if you haven't done that yet...
Message 69 of 324 (637 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

TPRA  Touring Car Practice at Spa.

Touring Cars

374 HP

1100 kg

548 PP

Racing Softs.

Come on out and turn a wheel, Son.........

Message 70 of 324 (616 Views)
0 Likes