Jul 3, 2012

hey zee'rat, FR has been sent.

Message 21 of 324 (740 Views)
MVP Support
44769 posts

Re: Wanna race?

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2012

The idea behind the topic is to announce that you are ready to do some racing and for others to easily find you.

So, this means that you should announce what kind of racing you want to do and have some sort of time range set for people to know when you will be available. For example, say your wife phones you at work to say you can have the night off. You post here, before you leave work, to say you will be available between 8PM and when your wife gets home. That's an open-ended range, but it gives a feel for if others will be able to have a chance to pair up with your room.

Obviously, you will need to learn how to set up a room, whether it is private (you need to have "friends") or in an open room, etc.

I will update the top post to include some of these ideas, but the format is flexible, just be clear what you want to do.

Message 22 of 324 (736 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Got Friends Request and accepted.  Thanks ozdaddy.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 23 of 324 (728 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Most days I am available to race between 7 AM and 11 AM West Coast Time.  Randomly at other times.  Thanks Master GT.

Message 24 of 324 (727 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Jul 3, 2012

I do know how to set up a room but prefer to join for now since I am new.   I have raced on-line but most rooms have wreckers , rude drivers and are not helpful.   Have had a few good times in open rooms but many are not very good.   Look forward to seeing your post regarding racing.  Thanks Again.

Message 25 of 324 (729 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44769 posts

Jul 3, 2012

zeedesertrat wrote:

Look forward to seeing your post regarding racing.  Thanks Again.

I struggle to find time to race on-line, so this thread is for everyone else, including you, to announce pick up races, too. Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 324 (727 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Jul 3, 2012

I re-read your post again and now I get it.   Duh, sorry bout that.   Like you, I am also pressed for time.   My issue is that I work nights while the rest of the world is sleeping.   Tough schedule but your idea for this thread will really work out for me.  Have received several Friends Request all ready.   Thank You.

Message 27 of 324 (716 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44769 posts

Jul 3, 2012

zeedesertrat wrote:

Tough schedule but your idea for this thread will really work out for me.  Have received several Friends Request all ready.   Thank You.

Good. I experiemented with this idea elsewhere, and a few members here were posting singular threads, so this should make one go-to place to help everyone find racing buddies at any time.

Message 28 of 324 (706 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5048 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2012

zeedesertrat wrote:

I do know how to set up a room but prefer to join for now since I am new.   I have raced on-line but most rooms have wreckers , rude drivers and are not helpful.   Have had a few good times in open rooms but many are not very good.   Look forward to seeing your post regarding racing.  Thanks Again.

Hi zeedesertrat,

If you stick to people from the forums here, It's a pretty safe bet that you're not gonna run into much (if any) rude behaviour when racing online. I'm loving the more casual style of racing I've been doing with Oz, Dan, dm, & quite a few others from here. We definitely try to stay clean. I always apologize & tend to give the position back if I make somone else go off-track. Most of the time though, they just say "No, keep goin'. It was just racin' man", or something similar.

Don't worry about not being really, really good. Just race in the back with me, and I'm sure we'll have a great time.SteeringWheel.gif

Message 29 of 324 (696 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Jul 3, 2012
Dmcallis, dern it, take that model Z-5 mind reading helmet off!

I was literally just about to post a query about how to add friends and get involved. It's been so long since I tried it I've forgotten. (The PS3 on which I run GT5 was the first PS I ever owned and it was purchased solely for GT5!) Will do later this evening. Thank you for the instructions Smiley Happy
- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 30 of 324 (678 Views)
0 Likes