Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Re: WTF, there's a 20 million credit limit

Dec 25, 2010

Because no one likes to leave themselves broke. I wouldn't spend 20million unless I had 30million in the bank, however the game doesn't let you do that. Really lame.

Plus sometimes it's just fun to stockpile your money. See how rich you can get, can't do that either and it's a shame. I understand why he's annoyed, although I wouldn't consider it a 'mess of a game' or anything like that.

Message 11 of 26 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Dec 25, 2010

While I don't agree with the entire OP I will say I'd like to see the limit cap removed, especially with all the new Seasonal Events payouts rolling in.

That said, if you do have 20,000,000 Cr. then why not spend it on absolutely anything and everything while building your garage and tuning your cars so that you can have everything in the game available to you at anytime? I know that when I get to the limit I'll be spending big on all sorts of things.

Message 12 of 26 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Dec 25, 2010

either way you still have to race loads just get 20mill, so how is it limiting you form buying all the cars!?!?! what your saying doesnt even mak sense! either way your doing the same amount of work for it, so why should there be a limit, it forcing to buy something! if you dont buy something you rjust wasting your time by racing. if you have 20mil you can buy a 908 and r10 and have money to spare, so how is it making the game easier or harder, the limit is just useless

Photobucket
Message 13 of 26 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
482 posts

Dec 26, 2010

CaptainAlbator wrote:

PayneKiller1509 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Putting a limit on the money keeps you from buying EVERY super car at once, that way you actually have to COMPETE in every race, whether it's offline or online. Am I the only one who understands that? It's not something that needs to be "patched". 

Blue Led Status achieved 10-26-2004
9-09-09

Ya you must be, I dont see a difference in buying every car at once and being able to buy any car you want, how is that forcing you to compete if you can buy any car? The limit is unnecessary.

Every SUPER CAR. Not every car. The limit is to prevent you from having a stable to of super cars and using them in every race.How is it fair to race an Audi R8 vs. a Peugeot 306? Gamers will always resort to "overkill" if you let them. If the situation calls for a sniper rifle, they'll use an artillery strike. If it calls for a precision, they'll use a sledgehammer. You know as well as I do, if you give gamers an inch, they will take a nautical mile. If you give them a rope, as Eddie Murphy used to say, they'd want to be a cowboy.

You know, since this game was released the complaints have all been about how it won't allow you to "dominate", and about how to forcibly insert shortcuts to the gameplay. The idea is for you to race against cars in the same spec, and not blow the other cars out of the water with sheer horsepower. I know the gamer in you is saying, "we should be able to use whatever cars you want". Well you know what? Too bad. This is the way the game is designed, and you have to play within the rules. I know in the 21st century it's "complain until you get your way", but I really hope Kaz ignores the complaints.

Blue Led Status achieved 10-26-2004
9-09-09

Wouldn't it make more sense to have tighter restrictions for each event then? If they aren't gonna put tighter restrictions they gotta understand that some people are going to use the best car they have. Even then, why does that iritate you so much? They can play the game as they please.. Does this harm you in some way?

People have got to stop getting all wound up over the way people play their games, especially in the offline areas. Anyway, your point is invalid, since they can still buy every super car and they'll have to do the same amount of work to get them. So having a credit limit still makes no sense.

Message 14 of 26 (86 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Dec 26, 2010

I like to think it has something to do with that PS3 trophy for "Spend Every Last Dollar."

I actually tried to spend it all when I had 6million.  Got a lot of cars with cool upgrades but hit a spot when I spent it all......

except for 7 dollars.

Q:  What the heck costs 7dollars in GT5?     A: NOTHING!

So race up until 20miilion credits and blow the chunk on one Ferrari 330p4.  Get a car and a trophy.

Enjoy Your Game.
Message 15 of 26 (86 Views)
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Dec 26, 2010

DjAladdinUSA wrote:

I like to think it has something to do with that PS3 trophy for "Spend Every Last Dollar."

I actually tried to spend it all when I had 6million.  Got a lot of cars with cool upgrades but hit a spot when I spent it all......

except for 7 dollars.

Q:  What the heck costs 7dollars in GT5?     A: NOTHING!

So race up until 20miilion credits and blow the chunk on one Ferrari 330p4.  Get a car and a trophy.

You should have planned out your spending, that's what I did. You need to buy something in the used car lot to bring the last 2 digits to either 50 or 00, cause it's buying used cars that got you uneven in the first place. Then you buy another car new or something to get below 20k Cr. After that just go buy upgrades til you have under 500Cr and then do oil changes or car washes to deplete your account. It's pretty simple math really.

But anyway Captain Albator hardly ever makes sense, most of his posts I've seen here are complaints about valid complaints.

Message 16 of 26 (86 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Dec 26, 2010

I agree with Gt5 for having the limit.. in Gt4 I had over 100 trillion dollars.. tha game got really boring Smiley Indifferent Don't ask how I got all that money I wish I knew...My dads friend gave it to me on a game save... If you have a whole lot of money the game becomes boring.

Message 17 of 26 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 27, 2010

*meant as a response to OP not as stated I agreed with  Lewaedd*

The reason for the limit is for shlobs like me who need a second chance at the "penniless trophy"... so when I decide I want one of the historic's, i finally get the trophy.

And how are you going to get the Car Collecter (1000 cars) trophy if you don't spend the credits.

Really what's the problem. you only start with 20k, wanna complain about that too... You can make over a mill in an hour. Boo hoo.

Message 18 of 26 (86 Views)
Splicer
68 posts

Dec 27, 2010

how about you lend me some of your credits and that will get you away from your 20 million credit limit lol. I think the limit is a great idea, As stated before, keeps you grinding for them credits.

Message 19 of 26 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Dec 27, 2010

I agree that its silly to have the limit there although its not really game breaking or upsetting to me on the same level as it is to the OP.   That said I do agree that it is not necessary.

Message 20 of 26 (86 Views)
0 Likes