Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Re: Vote 1: Essential GT Track list (VOTING CLOSED)

Sep 16, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

Wow, only five people voted? Smiley Sad

This is where the frosting on all the posting cake comes from.

All that witching, moaning, crying, complaining, wah I want this cake, but no one wants to actually frost it.

Everyone who claims to love this game and doesn't support organized, informed ideas like this that are well thought out, require well informed community nominations, are well maintained and demonstrate to Polyphony Digital just what and how badly the community truly wants something in the game, besides having an actual chance of influencing PD directly, should be ashamed of themselves.

It's easy to witch with a B post.

I guess now we know just how much more difficult it is when you have to actually take a whole 3 minutes of your life to do something constructive.

Anyone who wonders why there's a few dominant people who discuss or opine on this forum like they do, this thread is your answer.

8+ million copies sold, thousands of threads about complaints, I wants and gimmes...

Yet when push comes to shove and you have the chance to really let PD know what you want in the game in an intelligent, cohesive and informative manner...

5 people actually gave a Carp.

Mastr's sad face doesn't even begin to cover just how pathetic that is.

Now I'm going to have my coffee before I post something I shouldn't...  Photobucket

__

Photobucket
Message 11 of 20 (256 Views)
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Yeah, I kind of felt bad that there were only 5 votes. But then again, I didn't know how many to expect. How many votes were reveived in the Essential Car List votes?

I'm not sure whether or not the Essential Track List should be stickied.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 12 of 20 (245 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44507 posts

Sep 16, 2012
Message 13 of 20 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Thanks, MasterGT.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 14 of 20 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4561 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Gojet-64 wrote:

Yeah, I kind of felt bad that there were only 5 votes. But then again, I didn't know how many to expect. How many votes were reveived in the Essential Car List votes?

I had planned to release the number of voters for the Essential Car List either after the third vote or if somebody asked.   The reason for not stating the numbers was to test the community's willingness to get involved, without influencing that willingness by having somebody say "well gosh only xx people have voted, why bother", or "look enough people have voted, my vote isn't needed".

So for vote #1, votes were received from 30 people, for #2, it was 31 people (and not the same 30 plus 1).  To follow Dan's comments, these projects are set up with the aim of supporting the community and providing a meaningful way for people to let PD know what they want in the game.   It will only work if the community returns the favor and supports the projects.   They cannot be sustained if they exist only for the amusement of a small group.   When vote #3 happens for the Car List, it will be a big test, to gauge the continuing and hopefully growing community involvement.

Message 15 of 20 (221 Views)
Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Sep 16, 2012

I will admit that I was Lazy and I did not vote. 

Sorry Gojet, I promise I won't be so lazy next time around. I do appreciate the time you've put into this list and voting process. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 16 of 20 (218 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

OzDaddy62 wrote:

Gojet-64 wrote:

I had planned to release the number of voters for the Essential Car List either after the third vote or if somebody asked.   The reason for not stating the numbers was to test the community's willingness to get involved, without influencing that willingness by having somebody say "well gosh only xx people have voted, why bother", or "look enough people have voted, my vote isn't needed".

So for vote #1, votes were received from 30 people, for #2, it was 31 people (and not the same 30 plus 1).  To follow Dan's comments, these projects are set up with the aim of supporting the community and providing a meaningful way for people to let PD know what they want in the game.   It will only work if the community returns the favor and supports the projects.   They cannot be sustained if they exist only for the amusement of a small group.   When vote #3 happens for the Car List, it will be a big test, to gauge the continuing and hopefully growing community involvement.

Regardless of me, Oz, Mastr or gojet...

If you really want PD to take notice of what you want to see, these are the kind of threads a developer can understand and use.

A list of 1,000 "I want this" or 54 posts by individuals are not going to get it done.

So far, as a community, the only clear message sent by all but a few of the 8 million buyers and of those that are still playing GT5 is this...:

"We really don't care".

With all the arguing, compassion and expression I've seen in the posts about things FAR less important, if I were PD I'd be scratching my head till my skull was showing truly wondering just how in the world these two very simple wants that truly mattered, that are done in such a way that made it easy for PD's people to track and follow AND allowed the community as a whole to really get involved ended up so far under the radar that they could be classified as submarines.

It's unfathomable. (..pun not intended..or was it..?..)

It takes a lot of effort to maintain lists like these, to create the format in such a way as to make the data truly relevant and to make it easily accessible to the staff that creates this game you say you love so much.

Not supporting this tells PD that you don't care what they do, you're just mad because they didn't do it yesterday.

If that is truly the case, you might as well go buy any game with an EA label on it...

At least then you'd get the same support FROM the game as you're currently giving TO it.

__

Photobucket
Message 17 of 20 (195 Views)
MVP Support
44507 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:

the only clear message sent by all but a few of the 8 million buyers and of those that are still playing GT5 is this...:

One way PD could help is to build some sort of voting system for new content into GT.

That way, everyone on-line would have an equal chance of affecting GT's future.

Without something like that, it's up to us to convince them of what we want.

Message 18 of 20 (188 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

Wow, only five people voted? Smiley Sad

This is where the frosting on all the posting cake comes from.

All that witching, moaning, crying, complaining, wah I want this cake, but no one wants to actually frost it.

Everyone who claims to love this game and doesn't support organized, informed ideas like this that are well thought out, require well informed community nominations, are well maintained and demonstrate to Polyphony Digital just what and how badly the community truly wants something in the game, besides having an actual chance of influencing PD directly, should be ashamed of themselves.

It's easy to witch with a B post.

I guess now we know just how much more difficult it is when you have to actually take a whole 3 minutes of your life to do something constructive.

Anyone who wonders why there's a few dominant people who discuss or opine on this forum like they do, this thread is your answer.

8+ million copies sold, thousands of threads about complaints, I wants and gimmes...

Yet when push comes to shove and you have the chance to really let PD know what you want in the game in an intelligent, cohesive and informative manner...

5 people actually gave a Carp.

Mastr's sad face doesn't even begin to cover just how pathetic that is.

Now I'm going to have my coffee before I post something I shouldn't...  Photobucket

__

Whoa, didn't realize it was that bad.  I was waiting for the American tracks to vote on, but feel a little ashamed for not participating now. 

Message 19 of 20 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

OzDaddy62 wrote:

Gojet-64 wrote:

Well, for [insert fav diety/expletive here] sake.  It was really that low?  It does get frustrating to come back to the boards to see thread after thread pop up with "request" this and "wish" that; while the most concise and organized effort at collective communication of what gamers want to PD (the "Essential" thread) goes largely ignored come vote time. 

--Wah!  Wah!  I want this, PD!  Give us that, PD!

--Okay, here's a way to get your voice heard.  All you need do is give an organized reason for what you want in x, y, z format; then we can vote on it and send it to ___.

--Wait a minute; that means I have to do something....

WAH!  WAH!!

ed: Hehe, the irony of my prev post is not lost on me.  My hypocrisy has its bounds...

Message 20 of 20 (172 Views)