Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Re: VOTE # 2 The Essential GT Car List

Aug 13, 2012

OzDaddy62 wrote:

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

I'm disappointed the 1955-1957 Ford Thunderbird didn't make the first cut but I have submitted my votes for round 2.

Thanks for the votes.  Don't forget that cars from the earlier wishlist that you feel strongly about, can always be renominated in the Essentials list for consideration in future votes.  

^ ^ ^ ^ ^...What he said...^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Make a nomination man...!

Make it sparkle...!

Ask DaletonaDave to help.

He has a lot of sparkle in that sig of his... (...man, we STILL don't have an innocently whistling emoticon yet..?...)

I'm sure he can help you get that car in the winner's circle.

Though I have to say as Iconic as it is, even I was kind of surprised it didn't do well.

But then again, without many customizing options, it kind of limits the car's appeal.

But you have to admit, it would make a nice competitor for the early 50's corvette...

Photobucket
Message 11 of 96 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 13, 2012

OzDaddy62 wrote:

With regard to race cars in particular, the intent is to approach PD by saying something to the effect of, "hey the XYZ500SuperDooperGT#62 was voted #1, please put this car, along with some others from the same series, in the game".

By default, any vote for a race car should be considered as a vote for that series, as a vote for that car and some of it's competitors, so that they do have a "dance partner" or two or three....... 

But of course that doesn't stop anybody from voting for both the Torana and the Falcon (or any other similar grouping) if they so desire, just to make sure.

Good point Dan, glad you mentioned it.   And yes, especially the bacon. Smiley Happy   And 126 votes have been recorded for your other choice.

My only good point sits a top my big head...

Though it does make certain hats hard to wear.

But man... I can really ROCK that pope hat..! Smiley Very Happy

Don't take this the wrong way, Sir Wizard of Oz... But I know this is how you felt.

I wanted to hear from the other three people that read this thread AND know how to type.

I was looking for a fresh perspective...

And maybe some orange spice frosting.

I don't what you have against orange spice frosting.

But vanilla and chocolate all the time...

Variety is the spice of life.

And it's really helpful for starting camp fires after you read it...

Photobucket
Message 12 of 96 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Aug 13, 2012

I will re-nominate the '55 Thunderbird. The reason I voted for it only in the first round was because someone I once worked with who was a mechanic, had a '55 Thunderbird and it was the most beautiful car I've ever seen. It was a masterpiece. I believe it was his father's and it got passed on down to him. I wish I still had the pictures I took of it so I could show you guys.

Message 13 of 96 (225 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 13, 2012

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

I will re-nominate the '55 Thunderbird. The reason I voted for it only in the first round was because someone I once worked with who was a mechanic, had a '55 Thunderbird and it was the most beautiful car I've ever seen. It was a masterpiece. I believe it was his father's and it got passed on down to him. I wish I still had the pictures I took of it so I could show you guys.

I had an old boss with a black '55. Gorgeous car indeed, and quicker than you'd think.

The "super whoosh and mush" suspension wasn't much to go sport car-ing around in...

But it was plenty fine for a cruise down the highway or a night on the town...

Photobucket
Message 14 of 96 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Aug 13, 2012

OzDaddy62 wrote:

The votes are coming in and already we have a clear leader, which so far has appeared on about 70% of all voters lists.

At the other end, there are quite a few cars yet to receive any votes.  Do even the original nominators not love them any more? Smiley Surprised

But still lots of time left to vote. 

Thanks for the continuing support of those who have voted.

Just shorten my lifespan that much more with the anticipation, lol.

So how does it feel knowing that only you know which car is winning?

Because I know that you know that no one else knows what you know, no?

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 15 of 96 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4605 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Gojet-64 wrote:

Knowing that you know that I know that you know what I know but you know that you don't know and I know that you don't know what I know, well that feeling is just, well, you know..............Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 96 (199 Views)
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Aug 13, 2012
I know more and more about less and less until I know practically everything about nothing.
Dirty_Harry44
Message 17 of 96 (194 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

I know just enough about everything to get into trouble...

But not enough to get out of it... Smiley Wink

Photobucket
Message 18 of 96 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 14, 2012

OzDaddy62 wrote:

Gojet-64 wrote:

Knowing that you know that I know that you know what I know but you know that you don't know and I know that you don't know what I know, well that feeling is just, well, you know..............Smiley Happy

You know... Knowing IS half the battle.

So this means that because you know that I know that you know that Gojet doesn't know you now know 1/2 of my battle and zilch about his.

That's not really fair, no..?

And you now know that now you know more about knowing two things now that Gojet doesn't now know.

And that makes it doubly unfair...

That should definitely be a no no... No..?

So perhaps... Just perhaps...

Seeing is one particular car is so well known that everyone is knowingly voting for it, perhaps we should just accept that's it's a given and let Gojet, and the rest of us, know one little thing you know. You know, as like a good will gestation or something, and so that another car will get a vote instead of everyone still sending votes in for the car we all know.

You can just add a vote in proportion to what's already come in and just "know" these future voters would have voted with their votes for that car if you hadn't extended an olive branch of love to Gojet by letting him know what you know about the one car we all seem to know about already.

In the interest of fairness and sharing and all things full of OzDaddy goodness, that would be a good idea, no...?

Photobucket
Message 19 of 96 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4605 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Nothing is a given until voting closes.  Many people are voting for many cars.  One is leading, many close behind, some are not.  The race is not over until it's over, you know.

You'll all just have to stand the suspense.  Smiley Surprised

Message 20 of 96 (173 Views)
0 Likes