Nov 23 2012
By: Lord_Beelzebub Fender Bender 3579 posts

Used Dealership really Online Dealership??

5 replies 368 views Edited Nov 23, 2012
Is it at all possible over the course of previous game patches that at some point PD converted the Used Car Dealership to an online one?

I just got done doing the latest Seasonal events, went into the Used Dealership to see what new cars there were and ran across the Hyundai Tuscani 01. The car seems to have amazing detail quality for a standard car.

Is it possible PD switched it so they can slowly upgrade these cars and they would automatically be in the game without official game patches because the cars are now being pulled from PD's servers like the Online Dealership and not actually using the cars on the game disc? Just wondering.

That would be cool if they were, the only thing they'd need to do for GT6 is do the interiors.
 photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 1 of 6 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2331 posts

Re: Used Dealership really Online Dealership??

Nov 23, 2012

I suppose it's possible (and imo likely) that the used car dealership database entries can be (and again, likely are) modified by PD.

Honestly, not exactly sure what "online used car dealership means". As far as I can see, it's simply another "used car dealership", except that it differs in that

a) the selection set is targeted (sometimes it appears to be related to the seasonals, sometimes I'm not sure what the underlying motive for selections is)

b) the cars have all been factory reconditioned, as evidenced by the rollback on their odometers.

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 2 of 6 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Some Standard cars are just better-looking than others.  They've been serruptitiously and selectively updated a few times (beyond the 'big' interior view update), but two of any particular model are the same detail between online dealer and regular UCD and previously-purchased cars that have been lounging in your garage (other than the recent online dealer stuff being 0km and broken-in).  Stuff like two-tone paints can look better than they used to two years ago (AE86 this means you), and the Plymouth Chrysler Prowler has a real interior with working tach and speedo (formerly driven with roof up).  The bad ones include the R230 Mercedeseseses, they have a blackout just under the beltline so you can't see the seats/dash/console, and those had an interior to see when the roof was down on them in GT4.

Also remember the cars in the online dealer are in your game/on your hard drive, the dealer just selects which can be purchased from there at any given time.  You're not buying upgraded Standard cars just by virtue of them being in the online dealer.

Message 3 of 6 (323 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 24, 2012

I checked the online dealer & found the elise 111 R '04' , it said I didn't have it yet. Even though I was in it at the time. So I bought it & found out it was a standard version of the premium car that I was in. 

The only difference was you weren't aloud to add the carbon fiber hood & full aero kit .

Message 4 of 6 (267 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
861 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Yep...several new "Standard " cars. I'll take a new Lotus any time PD wants to offer them in Standard or Premium!

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 5 of 6 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

The only thing is you wont see any of the new cars poping up in the ingame dealer. Now if any of you want more of the added cars you will have to gift them to your self or to your friends.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 6 (204 Views)
0 Likes