I Only Post Everything
1114 posts

Re: Tune For Formula GT World Championship?

May 6, 2011

Thanks for the advice man, it worked.  Much appreciated.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 11 of 21 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

May 6, 2011

No problem, glad I could help.

DIsclaimer: My opinions are just that, MY opinions. They in no way shape or form express the opinions of anyone else unless they happen to agree with me.

Actual quote from a driver: "I never brake check anyone, but if I see you right behind me, I'm going to brake as hard as I can"
Message 12 of 21 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Dec 10, 2012
i need help still i havent beat this race to many laps does anyone know how can i beat it
Message 13 of 21 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8586 posts

Dec 10, 2012

20 laps for 5 or 5 races w/ the FGT's truly is brutal, but it can be done.  Even if you don't win all the races, make sure you win the championship and get gold for the overall win.  Then, you can go back and gold individual races so you don't leave any with less than gold.

the races are tough, especially when you're not very familiar with Formula cars and the drastic changes in stability that can occur when given the wrong inputs.

It takes a lot of practice and will likely frustrate you for a while before you beat it.  I already owe someone else an FGT tune and if I can remember I'll post it here too.

Good luck.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 14 of 21 (275 Views)
MVP Support
42470 posts

Dec 10, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

Even if you don't win all the races, make sure you win the championship and get gold for the overall win.  Then, you can go back and gold individual races so you don't leave any with less than gold.

I usually need to do individual races before tackling the Championship. One track may be much more difficult than all of the rest, so I need to do them all to find it and get the car adjusted for the toughest one. Then I know I can sucessfully complete the Championship.

Message 15 of 21 (272 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8586 posts

Dec 10, 2012

I think I did something similar almost 2 years ago for the FGT races too.  tackled a few individual events, made some nice cash from them, and then headed into the full championship.

I did something cheap though, which in hindsight wasn't too honorable but at least made sure I won the Gold on teh championship.

I won some of the events, and got 2nd or worse in a couple too.  Then, on the last race I messed up BIG TIME, and the 2nd place overall driver as set to take the championship.  So what did I do?

I pulled over and made sure when he came around to lap me I wrecked him very nicely :smileywink:  That way he didn't get as many points as he needed and I got Gold in the championship.  I know, shame on me, but that was a very hard fought challenge and I just wanted it to be done.  I later went back and won individual races in a very honorable way... I promise :smileyvery-happy:

Message 16 of 21 (261 Views)
MVP Support
42470 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Nice one. We have to keep our sense of humor when doing these things, so a little knee-capping can go a long way, sometimes. :smileyvery-happy:

Coincidentally, I ran the Nurburgring test of this, last night. I was leading most of the laps, but on the 17th one, I struggled to keep control and the rest of the cars passed by while getting straightened out. There was no-one else to blame.

Message 17 of 21 (253 Views)
Wastelander
904 posts

Dec 12, 2012

UPTOWNRYDER809 wrote:
i need help still i havent beat this race to many laps does anyone know how can i beat it

If you got your FGT used, make sure that the FGT is fully overhauled - engine and frame.  Use max downforce.

In your settings, use SRF.  When racing, you might find it helpful to use the roof view, at least until you are familiar with the track.

When driving, don't let your attention wander.  Practice.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 21 (231 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8586 posts

Dec 13, 2012

bah-humbug to the suggestion to use SRF.  you can and should get by without it...  use a little TCS if you really must... but I won't respect anyone any less if they still choose to use SRF.  Just saying that it's better to teach yourself how to drive than to just pass the test.

Message 19 of 21 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Dec 13, 2012

What if I turn it on, but don't use it? :smileyhappy:

I agree that it does lead to some bad habits, but if he is just trying to complete the game, I say use whatever tools are available.  After all, the ultimate goal of a game is to have fun and of racing is to win - especially when competing against mindless, soulless AI.:smileymad:

Photobucket
Message 20 of 21 (201 Views)
0 Likes