Jul 20 2012
By: Acid_J29 First Son 2 posts

Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V Race Car '89 problems

5 replies 298 views Edited Jul 20, 2012

So, today I was going to get on GT5 and do a few races like I usually do. However, when I booted up GT5 and got to the very main menu, the part where the car usually is was a black screen and anything I do freezes the game and I have to reset the PlayStation. At first I thought the game was dirty, but it isn't

I later tested GT5 on a profile with another save and it worked fine. The MINOLTA Race Car was my current car on my non-working account and has been giving me problems lately when I try to select it. 

I am nearly 100% sure that the car is bugging out my game and I have no idea what I can do to fix this problem without restarting my save game. I've waited at the black screen to see if anything happens but nothing does.

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Re: Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V Race Car '89 problems

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

Ok let me get this right., you have restated or restored your PS3s systems. Right? If so your going to have to upload the latest update above 2.0. Now if you still using the first GT5 game dics., it's softwear is based on a lower gradeof softwear, under the 2.0 update. An you will have to upload a newer update to use you game saves that maybe under a higher softwear. 

This happond to me and I was told to get the New GT5 XL so I could get the higher softwear and save on loading time., an it worked.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 6 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 20, 2012

I have the latest update installed. I do have the old GT5 disk but like I said everything works fine with a save with a different current car.

Message 3 of 6 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Well if your still having a black screen where a car should be. Than your game save has some corrupt data on it. Is this your first account?

If so do you have a older game-save on another USB drive! If so us that one to over write the corrupt file. If not at this point I'll need to think on this a bit more to come up with something that may help!

Wate Wate I know what you need to do., you need to Create a new Thumbnail image! (Hold on I'm turning on my PS3).

Photobucket
Message 4 of 6 (272 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44893 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Welcome to the GT forum, Acid_J29!

Based on what you've said, things don't sound too good. If you test with a new or different ID and things work OK, that usually indicates that your progress file is corrupted. I hope you have a recent back-up copy.

We're you also collecting the Academy cars?

Go to the stickied "Help" thread and read through the top post for some ideas that might help you.

Message 5 of 6 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

Ok put your pointer over the blank spot and tap the Triangle button to open a small window and high light Create Thumbnail. Now if you try that and you still can't get the car to open of show. Than sorry your game-save it truly corrupted. An only and older save will fix it.

Once again sorry.Smiley Sad

If you want i can send you a LV 22 of 23 coupon that you can flip to see if you can get another car.

Here's a link to were you need to go: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/quot-Help-quot-If-you-have-a-prob...

Photobucket
Message 6 of 6 (268 Views)
0 Likes