Feb 02 2013
By: reju I Only Post Everything 1109 posts

The car(s) in GT5 you rely on ......

[ Edited ]
25 replies 281 views Edited Feb 2, 2013

After a haitus from the game , I recently started playing again and noticed some nifty changes.(At least for me the graphics when you race seem to be cleaner.)

That said, like before there are certain cars I seem to rely on  when  I am playing on my 2nd playthrough (secondary account). They handle well and have the right "feel" when I'm using my HKS controller. I know that many of you have been playing for a long time and have seen all the cars come and go  but  heres my  list of favs that I always turn to...(in no particular order)

1. 2001 Audi R8 race car

2. 2009 Audi R8 LMS

3. BMW McLaren F1 GTR

4. Pagani Zonda R.....the 1st expensive car I bought when I started playing GT5

5. Ferrari 458 Italia

6. Lexus IS F Racing Concept

7. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 RM

8. Peugeot 908 HDi FAP

Those are the tools in my tool box as I make my way through both A and B Spec again that  do the job consistently.

I look forward to hearing from all of you and seeing what you rely on....perhaps I can add them to my "toolbox".

By the way, this teacher is still using the game with his students and some are learning not to judge the book by it's cover......

Message 1 of 26 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Re: The car(s) in GT5 you rely on ......

Feb 2, 2013

I hope I don't sound like an @ss by saying, I rely on my driving/racing skills so virtually every car in the game I can get the job done.  There are a few cars however that I just can't seem to 'tame'.  But as far as cars I rely on to make sure I win races...I don't have any.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 2 of 26 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Feb 2, 2013

reju wrote:

4. Pagani Zonda R.....the 1st expensive car I bought when I started playing GT5

I don't necessarily rely on it now, but this was a first for me too.  My first Ticket 1000 gave me the Zonda and it was very useful and a favorite at the time.

Message 3 of 26 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

I only "rely" on two.

1) Ford GT racecar

2) RX-7

Although there are whole lot of cars that are fun to drive, everything else is just  choice or by race qualification. Admittedly, I'm not quite as dedicated (or in all likelihood as skilled) as many of the regulars.

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 4 of 26 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Feb 2, 2013

As has been stated,  in the early stages there were a few cars that seemed to qualify for a lot of the races and were pretty much guaranteed to win. 

Lexus racing concept

pagani

mitsu gto 4wd turbo

mugen motul civic race car

now, however, I tend to shy away from the 'sure winners' and give myself more challenging scenarios.  after all, what's the point of having hundreds of cars if you only drive a handful of them?

and on that bombshell.....
Message 5 of 26 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

I hope I don't sound like an @ss by saying, .........

Nah, that was only just a half @ss response.  Smiley WinkSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 26 (249 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1053 posts

Feb 2, 2013

I tend to rely on any of the GT-R R35 model. I just seem to have some sort of passion for that car... if you can't tell v v v v

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Message 7 of 26 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3271 posts

Feb 2, 2013

My GT5 experience was quite different from previous GT games.  I didn't really have any go-to cars, although I did do quite a few early races with the BMW M3 chrome-line.

In the older games, my go-to was definitely a Subaru WRX.  Very versatile, met the criteria for a high percentage of the races, and allowed me to really advance the game once I got my hands on one.   Always one of the first cars I'd try to get. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 26 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

Feb 2, 2013

...mugen motul civic race car

heh, I forgot about that one. It was a definite go-to for me early on.

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 9 of 26 (223 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45098 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Unfortunately, I work from the other side of this coin.

When I pick cars, it usually is from the garage list based on performance or somewhere necessary restrictions, maybe brand. Then I look for cars that I haven't touched yet. Even when I championed the Clio, I wouldn't use it in every race possible, not when we have so many other interesting cars available that need driving.

Message 10 of 26 (211 Views)
0 Likes