I Only Post Everything
984 posts

Re: The Million Dollar Baby

Oct 2, 2009

Oh so now the insults start ..... cool.

Sorry kiddies .... this is a video game. People that are talking real life and video games in the same sentence ..... oh well.

This is a nice looking video game.

The cars are nice looking.

The tracks are nice looking.

The game as nothing to do with real life ...... nothing in terms of "driving".

It is no more realistic (in terms of driving) than almost any other racing game.

Lol ..... if this game is sooooooo real, why can you bash into a car at 200 miles an hour and ..... it only wiggles a little lol.

Some of you guys are brain washed lol.

Message 21 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Oct 2, 2009

It is a video game.  If you want to progress (After reading a few of your posts, I'm not sure you do, I think you'll be happy complaining) then you need to practice and develope some skills that you don't seem to have at this point.  The suggestion to think about how you would drive in real life will help you if you can open you mind and get over the fact that if you hit something at 200 mph is doesn't move.  You shouldn't be hitting stuff at 200 mph if you had some better skills. 

My advice to you (and you can take it or leave it) is to slow down, learn the tracks with a lesser car and slowly move yourself up in class of car.  The better you know a track and a car, the better you will become.  I've posted before in response to others that if you're looking for instant gratification, then GT is not the game for you.

DIsclaimer: My opinions are just that, MY opinions. They in no way shape or form express the opinions of anyone else unless they happen to agree with me.

Actual quote from a driver: "I never brake check anyone, but if I see you right behind me, I'm going to brake as hard as I can"
Message 22 of 32 (23 Views)
Wastelander
674 posts

Oct 2, 2009

meatbag_ wrote:

i'm presuming you use the DS3 controller, as i do. a word of advice:

CHANGE THE BUTTON MAPPING!!!

this makes a world of difference. the buttons are all pressure sensitive but if you map the gas to R2 you will have far greater control on the throttle. also i use manual transmission, for me mapping the upshift to 'south' on the right joystick works well. it just makes sense in my head to pull the lever back i leave the square button for brake because generally i'meither 1/2, 3/4  or all on the brakes and i dont need lots of variation there. lastly (i cant explain why it works for me) i use L2 as downshift, its kinda where the clutch should be so i guess thats why. perhaps this will help you, oh, and with the F430 brake early and accelerate through the turn, you'll see much higher exit speeds

does ANY of that amke sense to ANYONE!?

Does L3 open the gas cap or activate the smoke screen?
Photobucket
Message 23 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
508 posts

Oct 2, 2009

DesertSniper72 wrote:

meatbag_ wrote:

i'm presuming you use the DS3 controller, as i do. a word of advice:

CHANGE THE BUTTON MAPPING!!!

this makes a world of difference. the buttons are all pressure sensitive but if you map the gas to R2 you will have far greater control on the throttle. also i use manual transmission, for me mapping the upshift to 'south' on the right joystick works well. it just makes sense in my head to pull the lever back i leave the square button for brake because generally i'meither 1/2, 3/4  or all on the brakes and i dont need lots of variation there. lastly (i cant explain why it works for me) i use L2 as downshift, its kinda where the clutch should be so i guess thats why. perhaps this will help you, oh, and with the F430 brake early and accelerate through the turn, you'll see much higher exit speeds

does ANY of that amke sense to ANYONE!?

Does L3 open the gas cap or activate the smoke screen?

When I bought the game the default controls had the gas as R2, and brake as L2. After already playing another game that forced you to use that setup, and I hated it. I was glad to see that I was able to set the buttons up for the "classic" configuration. L2, R2 as the shifter, and X, square as gas and brake. Only problem is X doesn't give the travel you need sometimes. Be nice if you could have just a gas pedal, and use the DS3 for everything else.

Message 24 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1080 posts

Oct 2, 2009

it seems the recent spat of news has really drawn this type of attitude out of the wood work:

"Its hard and i cant do it"

"well here, try like this or like that"

"its only a game, i should be able to do what i want and get whatever result i choose"

from what i see, the problem isnt with the game, it occurs between the controler and the seat.

Photobucket
Message 25 of 32 (23 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Oct 2, 2009

RonChaz wrote:

Oh so now the insults start ..... cool.

Sorry kiddies .... this is a video game. People that are talking real life and video games in the same sentence ..... oh well.

This is a nice looking video game.

The cars are nice looking.

The tracks are nice looking.

The game as nothing to do with real life ...... nothing in terms of "driving".

It is no more realistic (in terms of driving) than almost any other racing game.

Lol ..... if this game is sooooooo real, why can you bash into a car at 200 miles an hour and ..... it only wiggles a little lol.

Some of you guys are brain washed lol.

Sorry, too, but I'm not your "Kiddie". I'm older than you, both mentally and chronologically (and that is obvious by the way you have posted here).  You only want to be confrontive and see how much you can ruffle up feathers.  Stop your taunting.  It's not allowed on these forums. Try READING the New Users Guide...it will be an awakening for you. 

It is not necessary to double space here either.   If the game is "no more realistic (in terms of driving) than most any other game", then why are Professional race car drivers using this particular video game to memorize the tracks they will be racing on IRL? It's not called the Real Crashing Simulator, it's called the Real Driving Simulator.

Why not just play Crash Bandicoot and stop bashing an award winning video game series?  We all know that there are other platforms and racing games out there. We just prefer the "realism" (yes, realism) of this particular series.  When you can get out of your wheelchairbecome long enough to drive, then see how "unrealistic" it is by driving your car into a headwall at 60mph.  That should give you a clue.  It's not about being brainwashed, it's about being immersed in a game that has more to offer than any other platform racing game and enjoying the feeling. If you don't share the same sentiment, O.K., but don't come in and ask for any help or guidance and then turn around and trash talk the game, the people who gave you the help do not appreciate it and the others that didn't give you the help want to come back and bash you. Neither scenerio works for us on this forum.

Cordially,

Message Edited by GT_ALLSTAR_47 For content.
Message Edited by GT_ALLSTAR_47 on 10-02-2009 01:13 PM
Message 26 of 32 (23 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3148 posts

Oct 2, 2009

dude.. you should check your meds!  you come in here complaining and people try to help you out and give you some direction with the game and you are nothing but combative and confuse help for being insulted!

seriously, these people are doing nothing more than trying to help you when you've given up on improving your skills after TWO WHOLE DAYS!  this game has been out for well over a year and most of us have been playing the since.  guess what? we are ALL still improving.  there is no "glass wall" on the A series races, it only exists in your head.

you can take the advice or leave it.  if you take it, i bet you come back here in a couple of weeks and have half a S class accomplished.  if you leave it, then please quit acting like the 6 year old who wants to swap his games out every 5 minutes.  from reading your posts, you've purchased dirt2, nfs shift, and gt5p all within a week or two of one another.  slow down, take your time and enjoy them!  you haven't even taken the time to learn the intricacies of one of them, let alone all three!

search
Message 27 of 32 (23 Views)
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Oct 2, 2009
Well if everyone is jumping in here, Ill put my two cents in. I read all RonChaz's post's here and he didn't attack or insult anyone.  He just stated his dislikes along with the things he likes.  Maybe people don't agree, that's fine. But don't just come here being the GT police and think your going to put him in his place.  Let people share they're opinion without repercussion.
chinese_teabag
Message 28 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Oct 2, 2009

chinese_teabag wrote:
Well if everyone is jumping in here, Ill put my two cents in. I read all RonChaz's post's here and he didn't attack or insult anyone.  He just stated his dislikes along with the things he likes.  Maybe people don't agree, that's fine. But don't just come here being the GT police and think your going to put him in his place.  Let people share they're opinion without repercussion.

Did you read his posts?  If so, then why are you defending him?   I'm not the "GT POLICE", but I won't stand around and listen to his griping ESPECIALLY after he has been given all kinds of help and suggestions.  His negativity and sarcasm is all over these forums.  Why?  Because he doesn't READ or Listen to the help people have given him.  And that's his problem, not ours.  He says, "In video games - I tend to look for ways to progress."  That insinuates to me that he is looking for short cuts and cheat codes to advance through the game. WHAT'S THE RUSH?  The people on this forum (most of them) have spent a great amount of time contributing help and information.  It is an insult to them to have their help and suggestions shrugged off by somebody who doesn't take the game seriously.  If that is the case, then why BOTHER Posting in the first place?

Sincerely, 

Message Edited by GT_ALLSTAR_47 on 10-02-2009 03:43 PM
Message 29 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3148 posts

Oct 2, 2009

chinese_teabag wrote:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

oh really? 

search
Message 30 of 32 (23 Views)