Fender Bender
4679 posts

Re: The GT5 Car Wishlist

Jan 25, 2010
If someone did all the leg work for you, would you be willing to replace something like "All Camaros" with individual models and years?
Message 60 of 1,224 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Jan 26, 2010

Pyro6000 wrote:
If someone did all the leg work for you, would you be willing to replace something like "All Camaros" with individual models and years?

I noticed a couple of those. Not just limited to American cars. Thanks for the veiled offer, but i'll replace it for you but feel free to add any special models like Yenko's and Copo's(Camaro or otherwise). Grouping a bunch of cars like that is a bit dismissive to me too.
Message Edited by animal84 on 01-25-2010 07:22 PM
Message 61 of 1,224 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 26, 2010

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:

dreihl wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

dreihl wrote:
Neither of those pics look like a true factory street version.

That's because the two images that you could see were not the street version.

The blocked image is now replaced with a normal GT350 showing the front end.

Cheers,
Yes, that is a sweet looking car.  That's what I want to see in the game.

Whatever ends up in the game, is what you'll either need to accept or not.  The Bottom Line is that Kazonouri Yamauchi designs the game and selects the cars - each of nearly 1,000 that are to be in GT5.  His wisdom and knowlege of motor vehicles is extraordinary. He is the complete perfectionist in his goals to provide us with realism.  So if a particular model of car is not as perfect as others think it should be, then shame on them. With everything that is included in the game, we should not be so critical of what he provides us, IMO. The subtleties that you are spaeking about are those that only the very hard core Shelby Aficianados would notice. This is a game that spans 11 decades of the automobile, it's history and memorable versions of different manufacturers. Please try keep in mind that Kaz Yamauchi is building a racing sim and wants to reach the masses, not a hard core Shelby expert. You and I will be awed by this next generation of GT when it is released, I have no doubt.Smiley Happy  
I'm sure a lot of effort has gone into the game.  You'll get no argument there.  I also get that these message boards fill up with haters that will never be happy and do nothing but complain.  However, the notion that consumers should be ashamed for wanting more or for wanting a favorite car to to modeled correctly is completely ridiculous.  Consumers have every right to formulate an opinion about products in the marketplace and different consumers are looking for different things in those products.  Some want as many cars as can be rushed in, some would rather by a product that didn't sacrifice accuracy to get that quantity in.  Some are just car fans in general and some have very specific tastes.  And besides that, this is a wishlist.  Should I be ashamed for wishing for an accurate depiction of a certain car?  Really?

Message Edited by dreihl on 01-25-2010 08:35 PM
Message 62 of 1,224 (184 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 26, 2010

Yamaha OX99-11

Qvale Mangusta - Trans Am
Message Edited by MiamiPhill on 01-26-2010 12:17 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Car can't start you have a problem....car can't stop, you have a BIG problem.
Message 63 of 1,224 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Jan 26, 2010

dreihl wrote:

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:

dreihl wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

dreihl wrote:
Neither of those pics look like a true factory street version.

That's because the two images that you could see were not the street version.

The blocked image is now replaced with a normal GT350 showing the front end.

Cheers,
Yes, that is a sweet looking car.  That's what I want to see in the game.

Whatever ends up in the game, is what you'll either need to accept or not.  The Bottom Line is that Kazonouri Yamauchi designs the game and selects the cars - each of nearly 1,000 that are to be in GT5.  His wisdom and knowlege of motor vehicles is extraordinary. He is the complete perfectionist in his goals to provide us with realism.  So if a particular model of car is not as perfect as others think it should be, then shame on them. With everything that is included in the game, we should not be so critical of what he provides us, IMO. The subtleties that you are spaeking about are those that only the very hard core Shelby Aficianados would notice. This is a game that spans 11 decades of the automobile, it's history and memorable versions of different manufacturers. Please try keep in mind that Kaz Yamauchi is building a racing sim and wants to reach the masses, not a hard core Shelby expert. You and I will be awed by this next generation of GT when it is released, I have no doubt.Smiley Happy  
I'm sure a lot of effort has gone into the game.  You'll get no argument there.  I also get that these message boards fill up with haters that will never be happy and do nothing but complain.  However, the notion that consumers should be ashamed for wanting more or for wanting a favorite car to to modeled correctly is completely ridiculous.  Consumers have every right to formulate an opinion about products in the marketplace and different consumers are looking for different things in those products.  Some want as many cars as can be rushed in, some would rather by a product that didn't sacrifice accuracy to get that quantity in.  Some are just car fans in general and some have very specific tastes.  And besides that, this is a wishlist.  Should I be ashamed for wishing for an accurate depiction of a certain car?  Really?
Message Edited by dreihl on 01-25-2010 08:35 PM

My point was that PD makes a simulation game that has so much "content" in the game, it is sometimes hard not to "Pick at it".  The more PD makes the game "perfect", the more critics come from behind the walls and criticize the game.  The reason I responded in the manner in which I did was because of the way you insisted on Challenging one of our MVP's (who just happens to be one of the most helpful people here on the forums).

Whether or not the rear window is a vent or not won't change the performance characteristics of the car. It is merely a model difference and is "cosmetic".  You shouldn't be ashamed of of wishing for an accurate depiction of a certain car as long as it can be identified to be the model that PD put in the game. As there was some reasonable doubt (as was pointed out), it seemed trite to pick at the scab any further.  You seemed insistant to do so, thus my response, that's all.  

My personal "want" is a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible in elkhardt blue with the 350cu.in./350hp engine, factory side exhausts, American magnesium three prong knock-off wheels, and the optional rosewood steering wheel. But that's not going to happen, so I accept it and hope that PD will put a model of the Corvette from that First "Corvette Sting Ray" Era in the game to remind me of the car that my Brother and I once had. So, while everyone has their "own" specification for that "perfect" model of their "perfect" car, PD just can't always put it in the game. If they did, GT5 wouldn't be available for another ten years.

Message Edited by GT_ALLSTAR_47 on 01-26-2010 01:18 AM
Message 64 of 1,224 (184 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44896 posts

Jan 26, 2010
I think you misunderstood. He wasn't picking on anyone, except maybe PD for messing around with the GT350.

Cheers,
Message 65 of 1,224 (184 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Jan 26, 2010

MastrGT wrote:
I think you misunderstood. He wasn't picking on anyone, except maybe PD for messing around with the GT350.

Cheers,

Sure appeared to be stomping on a trite point, IMO. Perhaps I was mistaken, you know how cynical I can be.Smiley Very Happy  Besides, the next time, I'll let you defend yourself, instead of my intervening.Smiley Very Happy
Message 66 of 1,224 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 26, 2010

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

Cheers,

Sure appeared to be stomping on a trite point, IMO. Perhaps I was mistaken, you know how cynical I can be.Smiley Very Happy  Besides, the next time, I'll let you defend yourself, instead of my intervening.Smiley Very Happy
You seem to be a little sensitive.  No need to defend PD or MasterGT.  My original point was the car in the PSP and GT4 seems to be a hybrid of the street versions (steet specs (305hp) which does effect performance, along with the vent) and the R version (front and rear bumpers along with the title) and that I wish (this is a car wishlist) for one or the other.  I also didn't in slightest intend to pick on MastrGT, but merely pointed out that the street model was missing.  He edited his post to include a good pic of the street version and I responded that it was a great looking car.  Anyway, I'm done here.  My wishlist request is in.  No need to add more pages of this to thread.

Message 67 of 1,224 (184 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Jan 26, 2010

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

Cheers,

GT-A not be cynical ? Wow that would be boring. At least your loyalties are in proper order
Message 68 of 1,224 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Jan 30, 2010

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jeep CJ-7

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 69 of 1,224 (184 Views)
0 Likes