First Son
6 posts

Re: The GT5 Car Wishlist

Jan 25, 2010
Neither of those pics look like a true factory street version.  Still, that's all I'm saying.  I'd like to see either a correct G.T. 350 or a G.T. 350R (preferable the street version and as I mentioned, a 66' with a Paxton supercharger (just 11 built, though it was also added as a dealer add on option as well) would be my choice) instead of some hybrid of both.  The G.T. 350 is my favorite classic car and I hope PD gets it right.
Message Edited by dreihl on 01-25-2010 05:28 AM
Message 50 of 1,224 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Jan 25, 2010
NetCarShow = no hotlinking
Message 51 of 1,224 (195 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
42821 posts

Jan 25, 2010

dreihl wrote:
I'm pretty certain the 1965 G.T. 350R will be in the game, based on it being in both GT4 and GT PSP.  That said, the car is incorrect in both versions.  First of all the horsepower is the same in the game as it would have been for the street version, when in fact the R version was tuned for more power.  Also, it is wrong cosmetically as well.  The R version has the large rear air vents removed in favor of Plexiglas side windows.

This is a GT4 Shelby 350R:

This is a real one (if hot-linking images is allowed), of which 36 were built:

However, this is a plain 350 (if you can call any Shelby plain):

So it looks as if the Shelby in GT is more like the plain old 350, not the R model, with the 350's power and the R's front fascia. A weird combo.

Cheers,
Message Edited by MastrGT on 01-25-2010 12:07 PM
Message 52 of 1,224 (195 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
42821 posts

Jan 25, 2010

dreihl wrote:
Neither of those pics look like a true factory street version.

That's because the two images that you could see were not the street version.

The blocked image is now replaced with a normal GT350 showing the front end.

Cheers,
Message 53 of 1,224 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 25, 2010

MastrGT wrote:

dreihl wrote:

Cheers,
Yes, that is a sweet looking car.  That's what I want to see in the game.

Message 54 of 1,224 (195 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
42821 posts

Jan 25, 2010

dreihl wrote:
That's what I want to see in the game.

I just wanted to set the record straight with what you were talking about.
I don't think I've ever seen the Shelby put under a microscope before.

Regardless, "All Mustangs" are at the top of the want list, so that would include other rare versions such as the Hertz cars.

Cheers,
Message Edited by MastrGT on 01-25-2010 02:49 PM
Message 55 of 1,224 (195 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Jan 25, 2010

dreihl wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

dreihl wrote:

Cheers,
Yes, that is a sweet looking car.  That's what I want to see in the game.

Whatever ends up in the game, is what you'll either need to accept or not.  The Bottom Line is that Kazonouri Yamauchi designs the game and selects the cars - each of nearly 1,000 that are to be in GT5.  His wisdom and knowlege of motor vehicles is extraordinary. He is the complete perfectionist in his goals to provide us with realism.  So if a particular model of car is not as perfect as others think it should be, then shame on them. With everything that is included in the game, we should not be so critical of what he provides us, IMO. The subtleties that you are spaeking about are those that only the very hard core Shelby Aficianados would notice. This is a game that spans 11 decades of the automobile, it's history and memorable versions of different manufacturers. Please try keep in mind that Kaz Yamauchi is building a racing sim and wants to reach the masses, not a hard core Shelby expert. You and I will be awed by this next generation of GT when it is released, I have no doubt.:smileyhappy:  
Message 56 of 1,224 (195 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Jan 25, 2010

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:
Whatever ends up in the game, is what you'll either need to accept or not.  The Bottom Line is that Kazonouri Yamauchi designs the game and selects the cars - each of nearly 1,000 that are to be in GT5.  His wisdom and knowlege of motor vehicles is extraordinary. He is the complete perfectionist in his goals to provide us with realism.  So if a particular model of car is not as perfect as others think it should be, then shame on them. With everything that is included in the game, we should not be so critical of what he provides us, IMO. The subtleties that you are spaeking about are those that only the very hard core Shelby Aficianados would notice. This is a game that spans 11 decades of the automobile, it's history and memorable versions of different manufacturers. Please try keep in mind that Kaz Yamauchi is building a racing sim and wants to reach the masses, not a hard core Shelby expert. You and I will be awed by this next generation of GT when it is released, I have no doubt.:smileyhappy:  

That my good people is GT-A dropping some of his own knowledge and wisdom.

List update soon: keep em coming.
Message 57 of 1,224 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Jan 25, 2010

animal84 wrote:

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:
Whatever ends up in the game, is what you'll either need to accept or not.  The Bottom Line is that Kazonouri Yamauchi designs the game and selects the cars - each of nearly 1,000 that are to be in GT5.  His wisdom and knowlege of motor vehicles is extraordinary. He is the complete perfectionist in his goals to provide us with realism.  So if a particular model of car is not as perfect as others think it should be, then shame on them. With everything that is included in the game, we should not be so critical of what he provides us, IMO. The subtleties that you are speaking about are those that only the very hard core Shelby Aficianados would notice. This is a game that spans 11 decades of the automobile, it's history and memorable versions of different manufacturers. Please try keep in mind that Kaz Yamauchi is building a racing sim and wants to reach the masses, not a hard core Shelby expert. You and I will be awed by this next generation of GT when it is released, I have no doubt.:smileyhappy:  

That my good people is GT-A dropping some of his own knowledge and wisdom.

List update soon: keep em coming.

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: Yeah, THAT and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at Duinkin' Donuts! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:  Thanks, animal!:smileywink:
Message 58 of 1,224 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Jan 25, 2010
Hey GT-A Budd, that sounds like a deal, your 2cents hold a larger value than their market worth

List Updated up here
Message 59 of 1,224 (195 Views)
0 Likes