VP of Gaming
30118 posts

Re: The GT Academy is not a fair compitition.

Jun 14, 2012

I'm not sure what browser you're using, but if you use Google Chrome, click on the picture it gets enlarged in the center of your screen. I just used that as an example to illustrate my point.

Message 101 of 125 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2090 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Got my time down to a 1:32.094...i want a 1:31 sooo bad. gotta hit the sack now but you can be damn sure i'll be back at it again tomorrow to improve my time some more.

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 102 of 125 (78 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45644 posts

Jun 14, 2012

MRPICKELCLH wrote:

Ultimatly in the end if you want a top time with Ds3 you have to work a little harder and race a little better than if you had the wheel, or vice versa depending on what your used to.

You never give up, do you?

Message 103 of 125 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Thanks for the post capt.  That's somewhat to the point and the facts of what I've been saying, you end up in a car with a wheel and not a ds3.  But more to the point those who have used the ds3 are in for a world of difference between the two should they make the final round, including myself.   Plus the issue of the dominance of the wheel users verses the ds3 users in the leaderboards was my main issue. As I stated it seemed unbalanced.   Also that's a really good pic nice post.

Message 104 of 125 (78 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Jun 14, 2012

So far as I can tell from what I've read in this thread the only possible unfairness towards DS3 users is likely to occur at the National Finals where contestants are required to use a wheel rather than a standard controller (see GTP_Wizard's answer to my question earlier).  If the best gamer users a DS3 they should have an equal chance to go the final round as a wheel user and not be forced to use an unfamiliar peripheral to complete the last video game stage(s) of the competition.

Beyond that there is no other potential for unfairness that I can see, the fact that the majority of people on the leaderboards are using wheels is pure happenstance.  They are the top 32 or 250 drivers in the US and most of them just happen to use wheels, that's all it is.  If you want to make the leaderboards you have to practice, doesn't matter what input control method you use.

I'm a DS3 user myself, this is my control scheme:

Left Thumbstick = steering

Right Thumbstick = throttle / brake

L2 / R2 (I think) = shifting

I don't have a hope of moving on to the finals, that's a skill thing, but at the time of this post I am:

1:33.876 - 715th in the US

I could do better but I don't care to put in the effort to make it, though I may try and improve my time before it's over as I can see many areas where I can gain time.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 105 of 125 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Jun 14, 2012

The answer i give is no, as you and everyone has pointed out there is apparently no difference in the two controllers, hence that comment.  As they say if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.   Plus if I give up I'll never win right.  Seriously though this has been an interesting forum topic alot of post and alot of opinions.   Some good, some bad but sum usefull info don't you agree.  Even if the topic offended sum based on the comments posted,  probably wheel users thinking that i'm trying to down them for using one, but that wasn't the case.   Those who have an opinion posted, those who didn't post well we'll never know, close to 1200 veiws and 100 or so posted some speak some don't.

Message 106 of 125 (78 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45644 posts

Jun 14, 2012

MRPICKELCLH wrote:

Plus if I give up I'll never win right.

That was not what I was referring to, and you know it.

You had the correct answer on page one, now you are working on page eight.

That's what I am referring to.

Message 107 of 125 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Wow, really i pizzed you off huh! NOT MY INTENTION  if you don't want anymore post just say so.  Plus you took that comment out of text.  And as for page 8 who cares its a topic in a forum.  Do i not have right to hear from people about this topic and their thoughts on the subject regarless of how many pages it takes?

Message 108 of 125 (78 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45644 posts

Jun 14, 2012

I don't do pizzed off. I watch human behaviour.

Message 109 of 125 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Jun 14, 2012

The latest generation seems to have a bad habit of confusing Fame with Infamy. Just because this thread received 1000 views, so what. You still seem like a little baby cying to most people except for a few like-minded of your sidekicks. You've certainly made an impression on this Forum. Should I start calling you muffin?

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 110 of 125 (78 Views)
0 Likes