Re: The Essential GT Track List

Feb 4, 2013

Hackbarthja wrote:

anjen wrote:

Hackbarthja wrote:

Gunsai Touge

Real World

Gunma Sports Cycle Center, Kanto/Gunma, Japan

Wow...quite a course. Very nice. Reminds me of many of the rural roads in W.VA, PA, and VA  that I've enjoyed driving over the years (although not quite so fast)

Do you happen to know the course length?

5.890km in length. There is a dvd series in japan that takes cars on this course, i've always wanted to go myself but playing on GT5 would be something i could do every day! ^.^

I'm almost surprised. It felt like more, but in any case, I'd welcome its inclusion, be it in GT5 or 6. 

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 61 of 137 (3,471 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 18, 2013

costa di amalfi opera páris and george v paris back

Message 62 of 137 (3,429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 22, 2013

1 place: New York

type: Fictional

2 Place : Dubai

type Fictional

3 Place : Zandvoort

Type : real- live circuit

Spoiler
Circuit-Park-Zandvoort.jpg

Spoiler
zandvoort_circuit.gif

Message 63 of 137 (3,409 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5478 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2013

Full name: Ummmm.... Torture?

Type: Country/city

Location: Asheville, NC to Chimney Rock (and run the hillclimb) to Hendersonville, NC and back

Picture: Well, no pics, but here's the map: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Fletcher&state=NC

Follow 74 (Fairview Rd. at the start) off the bottom right of the starting map for about 20 miles to a bit past 64 (to Chimney Rock, almost to Lake Lure), then, after running the hillclimb, go back to 64 (Chimney Rock Rd.) to Hendersonville, then take one of two options:

1)Freeway: I-26 to I-40 to 74

Or (for those who don't want to get "bored")

2)Back roads: Howard Gap Rd (and I've driven most of this road and couldn't guide you through what I see on the map)

to right on 25 in Fletcher (for a mile or so)

to left on Rutledge Rd.

which turns into

Bradley Branch road (when you cross 280 or Airport Rd.)

To left on Glen Bridge Rd

To right on 191

To left onto (cloverleaf entrance to) left onto Blue Ridge Parkway (The parkway is treated like a freeway, with on and off ramps, which are commonly one and the same.)

To 74

I have lived here my entire life and have driven each of these roads (well, let me be more specific: I have driven I-26, I-40, 74, and 64, but I have only been on 90-95% of the back roads through Fletcher and Arden). This would be the ultimate endurance test. Of all the times I have been on these roads, I have NOT gotten sick one time. That was because I was pacing someone running to the Chimney Rock Hillclimb (what speed limit? Smiley Wink ). I ALWAYS get sick going to C.R. (Unless I go around and come in from the East, not West.)

History: Not sure when these roads were constructed, but they mostly follow old rivers/streams going through the mountains.

The big draw is Chimney Rock, which  is a historical landmark that was sold to NC to be a State Park about 2 or three years ago. During its history, it has hosted a hillclimb from either the entrance or the clearing about a mile or two in. In 1995 or 6, the liabilities and bird lovers forced the owners to cave in and stop racing, but there is a (very) faint chance that the state park might (if we are lucky) reestablish the event.

So, this is a bit of a pitch for all four versions (they altered the road so you didn't stare down a massive cliff at one point): Original and current, entrance and meadow starting points of the Chimney Rock hillclimb, but, really, if you are going to do that, why not get there in style (and (maybe) puking! (or at least nauseous) Smiley Wink Smiley Wink )!!!!

But really, this is just a WHY THE HECK NOT!? Smiley Wink

Enjoy! Smiley Wink

I got an e-mail from Asheville Chamber of Commerce, and got a really neat overview of the possibilities for leaf colors and touristy things. I looked down towards the bottom, and the very track that I am describing here isalmost exactly  outlined by them! HAHA!!!!

Here's the link:

http://www.exploreasheville.com/science-behind-fall-color/?utm_source=WhatCounts+Publicaster+Edition...

The map is about 3/4 of the way down the page. Enjoy the beauty. Someone put a LOT of time and effort into this page!

Here's the map cut off the page:

Ashe-CR-Hen.png

If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 64 of 137 (3,389 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 16, 2013

The track that I would like to see more of is technically already in the game. Just not really "fully playable". How about opening up the TopGear test track that in GT5! It's nice to have the challenges on that track, but it would be fantastic to be able to practice or race the track with friends, online, etc.. 

Message 65 of 137 (3,295 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Mar 16, 2013
The Top Gear track is available online and in practice modes but you have to unlock it first. If I remember right you have to achieve Gold in the Top Gear challenges in the Special Events section (not sure if it's just 1 or all of them in gold to unlock the track though).
Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 66 of 137 (3,291 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5478 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

That reminds me. I don't have the long Eiger Nordwand. How do we get that?

Edit: Nevermind. I researched that the long track doesn't exist......

If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 67 of 137 (3,282 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 27, 2013

how about all of them if the cost would be too high charge one at a time or in a package

Message 68 of 137 (2,906 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Palm Beach International Raceway (for the drifters)

Seibring (because forza already has it)

Abu Dhabi (I need this course)

mt akina (for the drifters)

Silverstone (we all wanted this)

Circuit of the Americas (for the Americans)

Long Beach Circuit (A much used american track)

Baltimore streets (an interesting indy car course)

Sonoma (Another much used american course)

Pocono (Daytona times 11 nuff said)

Watkins Glen (Nascars do turn right)

Red Bull Ring (for the Red Bull x2011)

That is my list

Message 69 of 137 (2,880 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 26, 2013

For me GT5 need:Austin F1 circuit,Yas Marinas Abu Dabi,Bristol Motor Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway

Message 70 of 137 (2,801 Views)
0 Likes