Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Re: The Essential GT Track List

Oct 1, 2012

A new track got to me, but it's fantasy. I would like to see a stadium oval with figure 8 crossovers in the middle of it. This creates 2 tracks, but really only the work of 1. Gran Turismo can figure out the name because they usually make really great names such as Trial Mountain, Kart Space, etc. I would like to see it enclosed in a stadium like the Dodge Raceway Stadium from the EA NASCAR games. Just a thought. I just want a figure 8 and a nice short track oval. :smileyhappy:

I take my life a quarter mile at a time.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 126 (2,176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Circuit_Gilles_Villeneuve.pngcircuit-gilles-villeneuve.jpg

Circuit du Gilles - Villeneuve.

just cause i'm canadian.

and on that bombshell.....
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 126 (2,149 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 3, 2012
1950s monza with all 3 main layouts (road course, oval, and combined)
Also the old spa francorchamps circuit, old interlagos and old hockenheim. As for pictures and info, all real racing fans should know about these tracks, if u don't, Google them. I'm sick of games teasing with monza, being able to see the oval and not drive on it sucks big time! Test drive ferrari has the right monza track, but only the road course configuration, so the oval is fenced off Grr! I just wanna drive historic cars on the old combined road and oval course, that would be awesome! Also I think the old spa (widowmaker) layout speaks for itself, if u don't know about these tracks I urge u to find some onboard footage of them
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 126 (2,140 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2190 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Hey guys. Please make sure your nominations are in the proper nomination format. Use the example nomination here for reference. Remember, your nomination must include:

• Track's full name
  • Track type (Real-world, city, fictional, etc.)
  • Location (If applicable)
  • Picture showing the circuit's layout.
  • Brief write-up describing the track, its history, or why it should be in Gran Turismo.

Please do not assume people know anything about the track you are nominating. Pretend you are explaining the track to someone who has no idea what that track is.

Important notice:

The post states that their will be a vote at the start of each month. However, due to a current lack of nominations, the next vote will be postponed until sufficient nominations are received.

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 126 (2,113 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8417 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Everywhere I go (in GT land) I hear about the much GREATER desire for more tracks and that they would be valued much higher in terms of priority than receiving new cars.

Let's all of us put our posts where our mouths are and contribute to this process so that this point is clear if it is really true.

The consensus seems to be that the best way to breathe new life into GT5 is to provide mroe tracks, not cars.

Ideally, every time PD puts out new cars, there would also be at least one new track (or different configurations of the same track venue).

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 126 (2,095 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Might I suggest some of the following variations (or de-evolutions) of some tracks already in the game?

- Circuit de la Sarthe 1967

- Real world

- Le Mans, France

Circuit de la Sarthe 56-67

This one is probably the most similar to the track (sans chicanes) already in the game, but it is the old power circuit (even more than it is now) that Le Mans was in its heyday.  Most notably, it includes the slower tertre rouge and second dunlop bridge, pretty much eliminates the Porsche Curves, and includes the notorious Maison Blanch kink.

If you really wanted to get crazy the designers could leave the pits out in the open, same as they were up until 1972, I believe.

As far as notable events go, this is roughly the same layout that Steve McQueen used for the Le Mans movie (admittedly, that was 1971, but from what I can tell the biggest difference is that Armco barriers were installed in the early '70s), and with the exception of a wider pit straight is the same layout from the 1955 disaster, where Pierre Leveghe's Mercedes flew into the crowd and killed 80+ spectators (not that that's a particularly good reason to want to race this circuit).

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 126 (2,041 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Spa-Francorchamps (pre-1979)

Real-world circuit

Spa, Belgium

One of the fastest (and most dangerous) tracks on the original F1 calendar.  Like most European circuits of the time, it was basically closed-off public roads that were raced on.  By 1969, F1 racing on the old circuit became so dangerous that it was boycotted by F1.

A 1966 crash at the Masta Kink (where he missed the corner and ended up in a farmhouse basement, trapped in his car and covered in gasoline) led Jackie Stewart to start his crusade for increased safety in F1 and in racing in general. 

Best lap video I could find was from GP Legends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMC1uCR2baY

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 126 (2,039 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (1955)

Real-world

Monza, Italy

Lap footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7xN0nauWpQ

Monzanapolis

Similar to the current Monza layout, except without any chicanes and with the addition of a high-speed, high-banked oval.  As with the other "classic" courses I've mentioned, a very fast and very dangerous circuit. 

banking

Site of Phil Hill's Championship-winning victory in 1955.  Also the site (same 1955 race) of Count Wolfgang von Trips' fatal crash, that killed 15 spectators.  Also the site of the Race of Two Worlds (aka "Monzanapolis")  where Indy cars from the US faced off against F1 cars from Europe.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 126 (2,038 Views)
Sackboy
538 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012
  • Track's full name:  Mosport International Raceway
  • Track type: Real-world
  • Location: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park is located in the Regional Municipality of Clarington, north of  Bowmanville, Ontario Canada.
  •  trackmap.gif
  • Opened in 1961, Mosport International Raceway originally consisted of one track-the 3.96 kilometre (2.459 mile) road course. Mosport has now grown to include four circuits on 750 acres of beautiful park land.

Over the years, Mosport has hosted just about every class of road racing on its famed road circuit, including F1, Indy cars, sports cars, stock cars, endurance racing, motorcycles, motocross, showroom stock, historic vintage racers, "Big Rig" trucks and carts.
  •  Mosport is one of only two race tracks to have hosted Formula One, IndyCar, FIA World Endurance Championship and Can-Am races.  The other is Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, NY.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 126 (2,033 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3384 posts

Oct 16, 2012

Not a nomination, but just dropped in to say Happy Birthday Gojet!   Your oh so subtle hint did not go unnoticed.   Have a great day.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 126 (2,002 Views)
0 Likes