First Son
8 posts

Re: The Essential GT Car List

Jan 7, 2013

If you look back you'll see it was requested properly already once, so yeah really "IS ANYBODY FRICKIN LISTENING"!!!!!

Message 401 of 714 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3654 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Then it will be put into the list voted upon when the time comes.

Good luck, I hope it gets the votes.

Thankls.
Message 402 of 714 (599 Views)
MVP Support
44510 posts

Jan 7, 2013

The Essential GT Car list is not being maintained anymore, mainly due to lack of participation. Is anyone listening? Yes, we do, but we still need a good way to make a car wish list that people will participate in supporting without it becoming a monster list. (A long list does not help PD.) This has not been easy to accomplish nor has support from members been easy to find, but this is probably the best one that I've seen anywhere that hit most of the right buttons.

There is no reason why it can't continue the way it is, so long as submitters follow the rules in the first post. However, a properly written suggestion really only needs to be made once. Until we are able to actually vote on cars, multiple recommendations will only clutter the thread.

Message 403 of 714 (596 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1980 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Watching the DTM last night; it occurs to me that we have three cars available to us that with a Race Modification, would really expand our DTM league ( has what - 4 cars right now?)

Let us race mod the BMW M3, Audi A4, and Mercedes C 63 AMG (it's the closest Premium version to the CLK 55). Each car would then be paintable for an even greater selection!

From the 2012 DTM:

rockenfeller-phoenix-audia5.jpgtomczyk-rmg-bmw m3.jpgwickens-mucke-mercamg c.jpg

The toughest part would be to reproduce the car bodies accurately for the proper look.

Message 404 of 714 (590 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 10, 2013
1967 Shelby GT500E

Eleanor from Gone in Sixty Seconds.
Message 405 of 714 (550 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I Like to See the SA22C/FB Mazda RX7 mi01517-img600x416-1128248433syuppinn_rx-7_1.jpg22c4_IGSo_1.jpg

Message 406 of 714 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2112 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

a

Manufacturer: Marussia

Model and Year(s): B2 2010

Country of Origin: Russia

The Marussia B2 is the successor to the Marussia B1, Russia's first supercar. The car is assembled in both Moscow, Russia and Uusikaupunki, Finland (Marussia had an agreement with Valmet Automotive to assemble the B2 at the Valmet car factory.)

More info about the B2 can be found here

Message 407 of 714 (493 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I have been a sports car fan since the early 60's and there are so many great cars that were overlooked. Porsche has about a dozen that should have been included(904GTS, 935 Turbos, RSK Spyders(James Dean), 917's(Steve McQueen) and the list grows). The early Maserati Racers(the Birdcage Tipo). The classic Ferrari's(Daytona Coupe, 250GTO). Where the hell is the Shelby Daytona and the car that started it all, The 289 Cobra FIA? Get rid of half of  the compacts, the prius', etc.  They just take space and serve no purpose. Sure, Japan has built some great cars but how many times have they won at Le Mans, Daytona, Nurburgring, Milla Miglia and Road America. What a let down to see the Shelby Coup not included, the Boss 302, the Penske Camaros(Mark Donahue). What happened to using the real sound tracks from the cars instead of the hums and audio engineered exhaust sounds. The CanAm cars of the 60's would make your body vibrate when they passed by. You could close your eyes and pick out the Ferrari in a crowd of cars. You knew the roar of the 427 Cobra(Hell, I had ONE). C'mon guys, you have created the best racing game on the planet(I spend hours playing when I get home from work). I have raced cars in my life time and I still enjoy this game. The graphics are killer and you've got the ability to make it even better. The cars I have mentioned are the ones that put road racing on the map and in the hearts of the fans and drivers. 

Message 408 of 714 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

beachsnake98 wrote:

I have been a sports car fan since the early 60's and there are so many great cars that were overlooked. Porsche has about a dozen that should have been included(904GTS, 935 Turbos, RSK Spyders(James Dean), 917's(Steve McQueen) and the list grows). The early Maserati Racers(the Birdcage Tipo). The classic Ferrari's(Daytona Coupe, 250GTO). Where the hell is the Shelby Daytona and the car that started it all, The 289 Cobra FIA? Get rid of half of  the compacts, the prius', etc.  They just take space and serve no purpose. Sure, Japan has built some great cars but how many times have they won at Le Mans, Daytona, Nurburgring, Milla Miglia and Road America. What a let down to see the Shelby Coup not included, the Boss 302, the Penske Camaros(Mark Donahue). What happened to using the real sound tracks from the cars instead of the hums and audio engineered exhaust sounds. The CanAm cars of the 60's would make your body vibrate when they passed by. You could close your eyes and pick out the Ferrari in a crowd of cars. You knew the roar of the 427 Cobra(Hell, I had ONE). C'mon guys, you have created the best racing game on the planet(I spend hours playing when I get home from work). I have raced cars in my life time and I still enjoy this game. The graphics are killer and you've got the ability to make it even better. The cars I have mentioned are the ones that put road racing on the map and in the hearts of the fans and drivers. 

Alas, you will no doubt come to know/share the frustrations of many a GT fan....

*Porsche - licensing, plain and simple.  Polyphony Digital doesn't have the rights to use the marque in game. 

*Cobra Daytona Coupe - yeah, that is a head scratcher--especially considering since it was in previous ver of GT

*Boss 302, Penske Camaros, et al - indeed, it is frustrating that the "golden era" TransAm cars get no love.  Some have been nominated previously, way back in this thread  in fact, when it was officially maintained. 

*CanAm - yes, it is a shame that more cars representative of that incredible, no-holds-barred era of motorsport are not included.  Ex: McLaren is in the game--and no M6 or M8?  Seriously?  The absence of the beautiful and succesful Lola T-70 also seems a travesty.

Oh well; one can only hope that PD will take these sorts of things into consideration with the next installment to the series. 

ed: it would be cool as heck if PD would eventually include more classic GT's and Pototypes from racing's golden era, around 1966 - 1974 (and make the GT's race moddable) so some serious race groups can be gathered, like so...

Message 409 of 714 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 2, 2013

May have already been mentioned before; but it would be cool, as a nod to the earlier editions of GT if they'd bring back the "LM" race mods for cars...heck, why not expand on the concept; make LM inspired race mods available for more models?

delsol lmfto lmcerbera lmrx7 lmvector lmventuri lm 

Message 410 of 714 (382 Views)
0 Likes