Treasure Hunter
4670 posts

Re: The Essential GT Cars List

Jun 9, 2012

Gojet-64 wrote:

We're probably going to get that Nissan before anything else.

Just a trend I've noticed with PD's slight bias towards Nissan...

As the list of nominations grows (blatant hint to all) and we get to the voting stages, we will be looking to give a clear indication of what cars the forum community wishes to see in the game, whatever the brand may be.

Message 30 of 722 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Jun 10, 2012

ForgetfuI wrote:

I think Nissan has been a devoted partner and should receive a lot more praise for their willingness to grant PD seemingly unlimited access to not only their catalogue of cars, but the inner workings of their r&d department and motorsports divisions.

Join our practice lounge. Send a friend request to PSN ID: DriverSports Photobucket DriverSports.org Youtube Channel

Not to mention the real world development work PD does for Nissan. I believe it to be a rather unprecedented relationship between a game designer and the subject matter of his work. I don't believe many others get the same level of real life input that PD gets from that working partnership. If it means a better game to have a few extra Skylines to ignore, I'm fine with it.

To be fair though, even if it's yet another Nissan, that fat fendered beast is a beauty as well as being a sorely under represented class of car from the chapters of racing history. I wouldn't mind seeing a DLC Pak of 10 various makes and models of cars like those at all. Wouldn't even care if I drove them, I'd load them up just to look at... ?B)

Photobucket
Message 31 of 722 (2,810 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3754 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Ok, a car I would have liked to have had for real and which I feel would be a good add to  the game.

The Renault 5 GT Turbo

1988-1991

Renault's original "Pocket Rocket".

France

http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/R5Desktops/11.jpg

The little Renault was affordable, but able to run with the big boys.  It started Renault on the Pocket Rocket  path so it had significance.  It was raced, though not in the major events.  Would be good match to the Civics, Golfs, and such in the game already.,  We need more variety in this class, in my opinion.

Besides, I'd love to drive the little thing. 

edit:  A (no doubt modified) 5 GT Turbo vs a R32 Skyline video I found.  Enjoy.

Message 32 of 722 (2,807 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4670 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Here's the latest list.

ManufacturerCountryYear(s)Car (with link to thread post)
CisitaliaItaly1946-1952202 GT, plus variations
FerrariItaly1980'sTestarossa
FerrariItaly1962-1963250GT
FordUSA2007-presentSVT Raptor
FordUSA2008-presentMonster Energy Mustang GT, Vaughn Gittin Jr.
HoldenAustralia1979LX Torana SS A9X Hatchback , Holden Dealer Team #05
KoenigseggSweden2011-presentAgera R
NissanJapan1980'sNissan Skyline RS Super Silhouette Formula -
Plymouth (Chrysler Corp)USA1970Road Runner
RenaultFrance1988-1991Renault 5 GT Turbo
SSC North AmericaUSA2009Ultimate Aero TT

Message 33 of 722 (2,807 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Re: The Essential GT Car List

Jun 11, 2012

When do you think the voting process will begin?

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 34 of 722 (2,808 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1178 posts

Jun 11, 2012

The Hennessey Venom GT:

Manufacturer: Hennessey Motorsports

United States

Super Car Classification

2012/2013

Available in spyder and coupe.

This car envisions everything to the extreme. From a Highly modified LS7 block (twin turbocharged), to the all custom frame and suspension, this car leave nothing to reserve. With a Whopping 1200+hp and 1150 Torque, it is estimated to reach a top speed of over 274mph... and is completely street legal in all 50.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2012/05/hennessey-venom-gt-spyder-c.jpg

Photobucket
Message 35 of 722 (2,808 Views)
MVP Support
44773 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Gojet-64 wrote:

I suggested having four votes per year, centred around the times when the forums have good support, so that would mean after summer holidays are over, in September, for the first one. That also gives us enough time to figure things out and to build up enough in the Parking Lot, and to figure out the voting process, a bit. Depending on how many categories of cars we have, we probably will need more than one vote per quarter (because of the voting system here), so we need time to spread that out, too. (Hey, we're learning on the job! )

However, it is OzDaddy's call.

Message 36 of 722 (2,806 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4670 posts

Jun 11, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

Gojet-64 wrote:

I suggested having four votes per year, centred around the times when the forums have good support, so that would mean after summer holidays are over, in September, for the first one. That also gives us enough time to figure things out and to build up enough in the Parking Lot, and to figure out the voting process, a bit. Depending on how many categories of cars we have, we probably will need more than one vote per quarter (because of the voting system here), so we need time to spread that out, too. (Hey, we're learning on the job! )

However, it isOzDaddy's call.

Glad you asked, Go-jet.  As MasterGT has said, we are looking at a quarterly voting schedule with the first regular voting to happen by September at the latest.  If the list of nominations reaches a sufficient quantity before then or we learn something on the job to prompt an earlier vote we'll get started earlier.

Now I said "regular" vote for a reason.  We are looking at the possibility of setting up an initial vote using a selection of cars from the previous Wish list.  This will give recognition of the effort people put into posting there and give us a good start for the Essential List.  It will also be a good trial run for the voting process and let us iron out the kinks.  More details of the initial vote to follow at a later date.

As you can see, we are organizing some things as we go along, but the aim is to keep moving forward and making this a useful exercise.

Message 37 of 722 (2,806 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4670 posts

Jun 12, 2012

The list does grow.....

ManufacturerCountryYear(s)Car (with link to thread post)
CisitaliaItaly1946-1952202 GT, plus variations
FerrariItaly1980'sTestarossa
FerrariItaly1962-1963250GT
FordUSA2007-presentSVT Raptor
FordUSA2008-presentMonster Energy Mustang GT, Vaughn Gittin Jr.
Hennessey MotorsportsUSA2012-2013Venom GT
HoldenAustralia1979LX Torana SS A9X Hatchback , Holden Dealer Team #05
KoenigseggSweden2011-presentAgera R
NissanJapan1980'sNissan Skyline RS Super Silhouette Formula -
Plymouth (Chrysler Corp)USA1970Road Runner
RenaultFrance1988-1991Renault 5 GT Turbo
SSC North AmericaUSA2009Ultimate Aero TT

Message 38 of 722 (2,805 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Impala SS 409:

Manufacture: Chevrolet

United States

Classic Muscle Car

hardtop or convertible

This is one of the most iconic musce cars, all thanks its amazing performance for its time. it owned the street, strip, and held its own against the mopars in nascar. the 409 (after some small tuning) could push this heavy car down the strip in under 13 seconds. with the dual 2 barrel carb setup stock horsepower was 425, and 425 lb/ft of torque. some say the first muscle car was the 64 gto, but the first true one was the '63 ss 409

becketpic1.jpg

Message 39 of 722 (2,805 Views)