Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: The Essential GT Car List

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Do any of these lessen the enjoyment of the film for me? Absolutely not. It's just a little piece of trivia. And to be honest, the tail lights and headlights are something that only a Type A personality would even bother to notice, let alone point out.

Hehe, catching movie bloopers is a fun little game.  Stormtrooper-thumps-his-head still makes me ROFL every time I see it.  Not sure if it's a fair comparison though, against video games.  Bit of "apples and oranges."  

I'm surprised those guys didn't catch the gold dice, hanging over the cockpit door in the Millennium Falcon... 

Message 381 of 724 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

Koenigsegg (any of the following)

Agera R

CCGT

CCX

CCXR

I learned about these cars from Top Gear BBC a while back where Jeramy Clarkson test drove the CC 8 and the CCX. the CCX had to return to the show later with a wing because evedently its kind of crazy to drive. I'd say its about the same catagory as the Zonda and Bugatti. I haven't seen the CCGT in action though. weather this stuff matters or not, I just thought I would suggest them anyway.

Top Gear BBC CC8 review

Top Gear BBC CCX review

Top Gear Test track with CCX w/ Wing

A documentry about the Agera and Koenigsegg

Message 382 of 724 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

(deleted)

Message 383 of 724 (707 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 11, 2012

FIAT PUNTO GTas offered for 1998 in Europe 

Production/sales period:

1997 - 1999

Modelyears:

-

Country of origin:

I Italy

Make:

Fiat

Model:

Punto 1st generation (Tipo 176)

1993-1999

Type:

Punto 1st generation GT

1993-1999

Optional equipment:

EEC segmentation:

B (small cars)

Class:

subcompact / supermini

Body style:

hatchback

Doors:

Traction:

FWD (front-wheel drive)

Dimensions & capacities

Length:

3770 mm / 148.4 in

Width:

1625 mm / 64 in

Height:

1440 mm / 56.7 in

Wheelbase:

2450 mm / 96.5 in

Front track:

1369 mm / 53.9 in

Rear track:

1352 mm / 53.2 in

Ground clearance:

Turning circle btw. walls:

10.2 m / 33.5 ft

Turning circle btw. curbs:

9.7 m / 31.8 ft

Drag coefficient claimed:

Drag coefficient estimated by a-c:

Legroom:

1st row:

2nd row:

3rd row:

Shoulder room:

1st row:

2nd row:

3rd row:

Headroom:

1st row:

2nd row:

3rd row:

Hiproom:

1st row:

2nd row:

EPA passenger volume:

Calculated passenger volume:

Interior length:

Interior width:

Interior height:

Trunk cap. claimed:

Trunk cap. SAE:

Trunk cap. VDA:

275 / / 1080 / dm3

9.7 / / 38.1 / cu ft

Boot length:

Boot length max.:

Boot width:

Boot width min.:

Boot height:

Load height:

Approach angle (deg):

Departure angle (deg):

Ramp angle (deg):

Weights

Curb weight (without a driver):

1000 kg / 2205 lbs

Dry weight:

Shipping weight:

Curb weight estimated:

GVWR:

1450 kg / 3197 lbs

Payload:

450 kg / 992 lbs

Payload estimated:

Trailer weight:

unbraked:

braked:

Sales markets

Europe

Related models:

Powertrain

Engine manufacturer:

Fiat

Engine type:

spark-ignition 4-stroke

Fuel type:

petrol (gasoline)

Fuel system:

indirect injection

Charge system:

turbocharger

Valves per cylinder:

Valves timing:

Additional features:

Bosch L3.1-Jetronic; Gatterr T2 turbo 0,8bar

Emission control:

3-way cat, Lambda-Sensor

Emission standard:

Cylinders alignment:

Line 4

Displacement:

1372 cm3 / 83.7 cui

Bore:

80.5 mm / 3.17 in

Stroke:

67.4 mm / 2.65 in

Compression ratio:

7.8 : 1

Power net:

96 kW / 131 PS / 129 hp (ECE)

/ 5600

Torque:

200 Nm / 147 ft-lb

/ 3000

Power gross:

Torque gross:

Redline rpm:

Fuel capacity:

47 liter / 12.4 U.S. gal / 10.3 imp. gal

Drivetrain

Gearbox:

Transmission type:

manual

Number of gears:

Gear ratios (overall):

I

3.909 (13.1)

II

2.238 (7.5)

III

1.52 (5.09)

IV

1.156 (3.87)

V

0.872 (2.91)

VI

()

VII

()

VIII

()

R

Speed range

(max speed on gears,

top gear value theor.):

(km/h/mph)

I:

50 / 31

II:

87 / 54

III:

128 / 80

IV:

169 / 105

V:

224 / 139

VI:

/

1000rpm speed:

(km/h/mph)

I:

8 / 5

II:

14.1 / 8.8

III:

20.7 / 12.9

IV:

27.2 / 16.9

V:

36.2 / 22.5

VI:

/

Torque converter factor:

Final drive ratio std:

optional:

Front brakes:

Rear brakes:

Standard tires:

185/55 R 14 H

PuntoGT_23.jpg

Message 384 of 724 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

Well, we know this thread's usefulness is pretty much done.  But what the heck--how's about another one? just to shake off the cobwebs.  Let's see if anyone from PD actually does peruse these boards, eh?

Manufacturer:  Chevrolet

Model: L-88 Corvette, 1968

Race Series: SCCA A Prod/IMSA/Daytona/Sebring

Historical Significance: Considered one of the most successful and significant racing Corvettes ever.  One of 2 team cars campaigned by Tony DeLorenzo and Jerry Thompson to effectively dominate their class in the SCCA in the late 60's - early 70's. 

"After an unsuccessful 1969 24 Hours of Daytona, in which 002-68 crashed into a concrete barrier, the one-two DeLorenzo-Thompson L-88 punch would prove dominant in SCCA A/Production racing, with DeLorenzo and Thompson splitting 22 of 22 straight national events over the next few seasons and – with Thompson at the wheel of 002-68 – winning the 1969 national A/Production championship. Also in this car, they took the GT class win in the 1970 24 Hours of Daytona and second place in GT in the 1969 12 Hours of Sebring, among other notable finishes, as related in detail in Peter Gimenez’s Corvette Racing Legends: The Story of the L-88 Option Package." 

Perhaps even more significant is the fact that this was a "service parts" car, not a factory-built racer. This car has a long competition history, having been raced actively in SCCA and IMSA from new in '68 all the way through 1989.   

More details here: http://beforeitsnews.com/motor-junkies/2012/07/owens-corning-l-88-corvette-among-race-vettes-at-mont...

Driving Fun Factor/Desirability:   This would be a nice addition to the obtainable cars list in GT5; the model is already in game, in the C3 Stingray convertible.  Actually, it is kind of odd that a game celebrating racing heritage would include the street version of the C3 and not the RM, given its provenance and stature with 'Vette fans.  It is highly valued among racing fans and Corvette-ophiles alike, expected to bring in the neighborhood of $1M at auction. 

delorenzo

delorenzo 2delorenzo 3delorenzo 4delorenzo 5

Message 385 of 724 (557 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Nov 22, 2012

1957-Chevrolet-Corvette-side-1024x768-th.jpg1957-Chevrolet-Corvette-Zora-Arkus-Duntov-s-1280x960-th.jpgMake: Chevrolet

Model: Corvette SS

Year: 1957

Racing series: Sebring 12hr

Country of origin: United States of America

History:

In the early days before the Corvette was an American icon, and at the time even in danger of being discontinued by GM management, one obvious tactic to shore up the Corvette's sports car image and spur sales was to institute a racing program.  Thus was born the short-lived Corvette SS project, with the initial goal of winning at Sebring.  Led by the gifted Zora Arkus-Duntov, a team of engineers created this ultra-lightweight (1850 lbs) and powerful (307 bhp) racecar.

Success at Sebring for this stunning racer was unfortunately not in the cards.  Although the SS was extremely fast for its day (top recorded speed of 183 mph), a series of mechanical problems forced it to retire after 23 laps in the Sebring 12-Hour race.  Shortly thereafter, the ban on factory-sponsored racing efforts by the Detroit manufacturers spelled the end of the SS project.

Driving fun factor: this car is light and pretty powerful for its time. there is really only a few racing corvettes in this game and the '57 SS is one of the most unique classic race cars in my opinion. this car is definately in the vintage class.

Message 386 of 724 (520 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Nov 22, 2012

for an indepth video go to this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upquH0f-LQA

Message 387 of 724 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

Okay, let's keep this rollin' then, why not.  How's about:

Manufacturer: AMC

Model: Javelin Trans Am, 1970

Race Series: SCCA Trans Am

Historic Significance"Introduced in September of 1969, the limited edition Trans-Am Javelin was introduced in time to promote the 1970 SCCA Trans-Am Season. 100 limited edition units were manufactured at AMC's Kenosha plant, pulled from the standard production line and painted in factory Red, White & Blue to replicate the Javelin Racing team colors. All 100 cars featured a high-performance 390 with factory ram-air induction, a Hurst shifted T-10 4 speed transmission, 3.90 posi-traction rear end and special Goodyear raised white letter performance radials. Factory body modification include the deletion of body side graphics and trim, custom Trans-Am homologated front cow-catcher and a Ronnie Kaplan designed rear adjustable "air-foil" style spoiler. Originally conceived in 1968 to showcase factory sponsored Ronnie Kaplan's SCCA Trans-Am racing team, the final cars came to market just in time to showcase the new AMC / Penske Javelin Racing Team."

Desitrability/Rarity: "Only 30+ of the original 100 cars have been discovered and are currently registered through the Trans-Am Javelin Registry."  from:  http://www.tajavelin.com/othercars.html

Driving Fun Factor:  There can be no doubt these cars were fast on the street, and on the track.  Team Penske debuted the car at the 1970 running of the Daytona 24 hrs, with racing greats Mark Donohue and Peter Revson sharing the driving duties.  The car would end up retiring with oil pressure problems; but it was apparently running well up in the field.  Now unless it's a typo, this car's 2:08 qualifying time would have it grouped well ahead of its class; up amongst the Corvettes and GT-40s--faster than a Ferrari 250 LM, 275 GTB and 365 GTB/4 also in the race.  http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Daytona-1970-02-01.html

Does the car fill a gap?  You're darn tootin' it does.  It's a shame that PD didn't decide to include street and racing versions of more cars representative of the original Pony Car Wars, and the "golden era" Trans Am series.  It was a very important and well-loved period of racing and car culture in NA, considered by many the high-water mark of American road racing.  The cars are still very popular with fans young and old alike at vintage races everywhere.  By not including RMs of the '69 (or '70) Mustang, and '70 (or '71, '72) AMC Javelin--even if they're "generic" racing versions like the Challenger RM--it's like they're leaving out 2 / 4ths of the ingredients needed in a formula to make a very exciting and competitive racing class. 

jav 1

jav 2

Message 388 of 724 (503 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 27, 2012

My Wishlist

All Honda Civic's from 1990 to 2012 There should also be a Hella Flush or JDm mode you just have to have it.

LOOK the more time you spend on this game the more people will buy it. And if the game brakes you' ll buy it again and again and.... again, because thats how AWESOME the game will be.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEE put jdm culture in where you can learn about the engines and have your own style like if you want like nitrous or turbo and what kind of brand. And dont put generic engine titles this time like [Racing Intake, Sport Tires, Sport Exhaust] Like noooo stop, too general. Be specific.

I hope you can make us design or own body kits. And make us drop our car real low till we get stuck in the dirt. Can also be able to poke out the wheel please. Everybody just has the same car it's just boring.

You also need to have a vast variety of rims: BBS 3DSM Rotiform SprintHart Mugen ROTA Weds Rays Honda Wheels

There is so much they can do to make the game better its unbelievable. NOT ENOUGH WORK ETHIC.

We should be able to do carshows and get money from it.

Also S14 S15 S13 should be premium and we should be able to switch out lights with those cars.

Make drifting  challenging.

Message 389 of 724 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

chevytothemax wrote:

Make: Chevrolet

Model: Corvette SS

Year: 1957

Racing series: Sebring 12hr

Country of origin: United States of America

Hats-off to the guys who drove these cars back in the day.  Those side profile pics give some insight into just how trial-and-error aerodynamics were in racing back then (looks very much like an aerofoil).  I imagine it must have had some very *ahem* interesting characteristics at speed.  Must have been frighteningly light on the steering.  Smiley Surprised 

You gotta have a big pair, to drive something like this in anger.  Definitely from the 1-shunt rule era of racing.  Given the non-existent fire-safety measures, and its magnesium construction...I don't think I'd be willing to take this one on at the track.  But then again, attitudes were very different then...

Message 390 of 724 (443 Views)
0 Likes