Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: The Essential GT Car List

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

I know 2nd gen Camaros have been "wished" for in other threads.  But rather than nominating some one-off trade show special, how about:

Manufacturer:  Chevrolet

Model:  Camaro Z28, 1970 Chaparral #1

Race Series:  Trans Am

Historical Significance:  2nd gen Camaro keeps the racing colors flying.  Introduced in Feb 1970, the next Camaro was radically different from its predecessor, with love-it-or-hate-it styling compared to the original.  The Z28 was again the top performance option, and could be ordered with an LT-1 350 c.i. small block, rated at 300 HP.  It could be had with a 4 speed manual with Hurst shifter or--for the first time on the Z28--a Turbo Hydra-matic auto.  The Z28 had a high performance oil pump, a twin pulley fan drive and an 11-inch clutch.  Front brakes were 11-inch discs and rear brakes were 9.5-inch drums. 

Driving Fun Factor:  When Mark Donohue and Penske racing switched to AMC Javelins for racing in Trans Am for 1970, Chevrolet brought in Jim Hall to take over their Camaro team--the same Jim Hall who built the 2J "sucker" car.  Because the Camaro was a totally new car, a lot of time and effort had to go into developing it for racing.  Unfortunately, Chaparral was in the midst of developing the 2J for Can-Am/Group 7 racing at the same time, meaning the team's time and resources were divided between the two programs.  The Camaro did meet with some sucess though, managing five top-5 finishes, and a win at Watkins Glen.  Three team cars were built, but only 1 is believed to remain. 

http://www.thechaparralfiles.com/other_brands.php

_JAK4184.jpg

transam4.jpg

Engine: ohv V-8, 302 c.i., 440 hp, single 4-barrel carb
Transmission: 4-speed
Brakes: 4-wheel disc

Best Finishes

19704thLime RockJim Hall
 5thBryarJim Hall
 4thBridgehamptonJim Hall
 4thRoad AmericaJim Hall
 1stWatkins GlenVic Elford
 5thKentVic Elford

Track Records

PoleMid-OhioEd Leslie
Message 271 of 714 (608 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Aug 18, 2012

Any hint as to what cars are leading the current vote so far?

C'mon guys!

VOTE FOR THE XB GT Falcon '76 #25!

VOTE FOR THE A9X Torana '78 #05!

VOTE FOR THE Matech-Ford GT3!

VOTE FOR THE ZL-1 Camaro '69 #7!

SHOW THE Doran Dallara-Judd SP1 #27 SOME LOVE!

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE Mustang Boss T/A #9!

Message 272 of 714 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4530 posts

Aug 18, 2012

A hint!

Let's see now.  All of those cars have received votes, one more so than the others.  There you go.

Message 273 of 714 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Aug 18, 2012
Mclaren mp4/4 #1

Historical significance: I you have to ask then you are dead to me. It's Ayrton Sennas mclaren f1 car, a legendary car tamed by a legendary driver.

Fun factor: on the limit it could be a handful, skilled drivers only!

Lotus esprit 2013

Historical significance: it marked lotuses ambitious plan on a rebirth, it is now the only car to lift the hethel company into the big league.

Fun factor: N/A
"Art is only art if you truly enjoy it"- Sonny Moore.
Want a good shootout on gt5? Let me know.
Message 274 of 714 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

OzDaddy62 wrote:

Thank you to those who are posting nominations as requested.   We are trying to be tolerant, tying to accomodate variations on a theme, but to be fair to all, and make this list easy to maintain, please please please could everybody post nominations in the format requested. 

See the original post for more information.

Three easy parts:

1. A small list like this.

Manufacturer: Holden

Car: LX Torana SS A9X Hatchback , Holden Dealer Team #05 1979  (please put the year so we don't have to search for it)

2. A picture.

3. An explanation of why you think it should be in the game.  A list of specs can be a useful addition but doesn't count as an explanation.

Without a reasonable attempt at #3 your nomination will not be added to the Parking Lot list. 

Thank you to all for your cooperation.

I swear, even with multiple step-by-step instructions , complete with examples, some posters cannot still get it right.Smiley Indifferent

The level of DENSITY displayed at times in this Forum, makes the composition of a dwarf star  seem like cotton candy in comparison...............

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 275 of 714 (589 Views)
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Aug 18, 2012
2012 Mclaren x1.

England

http://photos.evo.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_1093/car_photo_546799_7.jpg (image link, copy and paste into toolbar)

I am guessing the car is based off of the mp4-12c coupe. Anyway it is a one off commissioned by a rather wealthy customer of mclaren. It was designed with inspiration from cars mclaren thought were Elegant, this word is a huge buzzword for the x1, and this is an x1 that would be welcome in online rooms Smiley Very Happy

Message 276 of 714 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Aug 18, 2012

4d2ba3f0fff241f83f5182c279c12bc4.gif

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 277 of 714 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Aug 18, 2012
If it is about the image I am on the mobile. It's a hassle.

If its about the pice of car. Whats wrong with it?
Message 278 of 714 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4530 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

warmachine277- wrote:
If it is about the image I am on the mobile. It's a hassle.

If its about the pice of car. Whats wrong with it?

A couple of notes, meant to be constructive.

The McLaren X1 was already nominated (albiet somewhat incorrectly) on the previous page.

If it's a hassle when you are on the mobile, then please wait until you are not.

And "then you are dead to me" may have been written as a joke, but it does not read as one.  Remember, for the intents and purposes of this thread you are trying to influence people, especiallly those who may, for whatever reason, not be aware of the importance of your nomination.  If you would like to see your nomination added to the list, then please edit it, preferably when you are not on the mobile.

Thank you for understanding and your effort is appreciated.

Note to all.  To save the foreheads of several valued readers from further bruising, please please follow the basic format.  See sample post.

Message 279 of 714 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 18, 2012

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

OzDaddy62 wrote:

Thank you to those who are posting nominations as requested.   We are trying to be tolerant, tying to accomodate variations on a theme, but to be fair to all, and make this list easy to maintain, please please please could everybody post nominations in the format requested. 

See the original post for more information.

Three easy parts:

1. A small list like this.

Manufacturer: Holden

Car: LX Torana SS A9X Hatchback , Holden Dealer Team #05 1979  (please put the year so we don't have to search for it)

2. A picture.

3. An explanation of why you think it should be in the game.  A list of specs can be a useful addition but doesn't count as an explanation.

Without a reasonable attempt at #3 your nomination will not be added to the Parking Lot list. 

Thank you to all for your cooperation.

I swear, even with multiple step-by-step instructions , complete with examples, some posters cannot still get it right.Smiley Indifferent

The level of DENSITY displayed at times in this Forum, makes the composition of a dwarf star  seem like cotton candy in comparison...............

I think the only thing denser than these displays is the cloud my old dog left just before it ran off and hid...

It was usually a second or two after we noticed the smell. Smiley Surprised

And such pretty colors...

MY EYES..!

I have to wonder...

There must be a connection between these people and the ones that are making all the new forum decisions.

It's got to be some new highly contageous viral strain of (..insert your favorite name for lack of intellectual capacitance here..) syndrome.

Man, I do hope they find a cure soon. I can't afford to catch it.

I've already lost 1/2 my brain from the incident in 2010, I don't have a whole lot left to lose.

I'm scared SWERV. I mean really scared...

I can't get it touching my key board while staring at the screen, can I..?

Maybe I should have rubber gloves and sungalsses on when I type...

Photobucket
Message 280 of 714 (556 Views)