Top Speedest 211 mph

Price:est $450,000
Message 201 of 714 (1,371 Views)
Gaming Beast
1980 posts

Re: The Essential GT Car List

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2012

Sounds like an excellent argument for a hugely expanded RM stable of cars, there Dan.  Player paintable, mechanically similar, and different numbers.

Yay!

Message 202 of 714 (1,361 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

Car: CX-5

Manufacturer: Mazda

Year of Production: 2012-Onwards

SKYACTIV Technology promises optimized fuel economy and uncompromising performance, so that's why the Mazda CX-5 has the best of both worlds. First, the 2.0 liter SKYACTIV-G i-stop engine (PE-VPS) engine produces 155PS of power and 196Nm of torque. This is equipped on the 20C and 20S 2WD variants and it provides them 16km/L of fuel economy, making it more efficient than its key rival, the Mitsubishi RVR. For the first time in Mazda history and it's available only on the CX-5 XD (Cross-D) variants is the brand-new 2.2 liter SKYACTIV-D i-stop (SH-VPTS) Common Rail diesel engine that produces 175PS of power and 420Nm of torque. It promises a record-breaking fuel economy of 18.6km/L. Depending on the variant, the new CX-5 comes with an improved 4WD for all round driving with fuel economy of 15.6km/L for the 2.0L petrol variant and 18.0km/L for the 2.2L diesel engine. Most variants do come with the 6-speed SKYACTIV-DRIVE transmission that has good fuel economy, easy start up, direct feel, and smooth shifting, ideal for the world market.

This car makes a great addition to the game thanks to its uncompromised performance and fuel economy and because I want to find out how worthy is the car's SKYACTIV technology, I want to bring it to either Laguna Seca, Tsukuba, or even the Top Gear Test Track to show its true potential, I mean of course, no other racing video game has featured this car yet. This car, first to have everything SKYACTIV, first to have Mazda's new KODO design language, makes it perfect for this game and once tuned, it's a different animal. It becomes completely docile.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsMain&vehicleCode=CX5#/home (Official Mazda CX-5 US Site)

http://www.cx-5.mazda.co.jp/ (Official Mazda CX-5 Japanese Site)

http://www.mazda.co.uk/experience-cx-5/ (Official Mazda CX-5 UK Site)

Message 203 of 714 (1,343 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
879 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Manufacturer: Ferrari

Model and Year(s): 288 GTO circa 1984

Country of Origin: Italy

288 GTO

Of the classic Pinfarina penned Ferraris this is perhaps the ultimate expression of the design that covered the Mondia, 308 and 328 series in the 80s.  The car was designed by Pininfarina's design chief Leonardo Fioravanti (who else?) based on the beautiful shape of 308GTB Quattrovalvole.  Originally designed for the FIA Class B rally race (which never raced) this GTO – with a top speed of 188mph – graced the imaginations of car enthusiasts worldwide.  It is seen as perhaps the greatest Ferrari – and exotic sports car – of the era and would cover the niche in Gran Turismo between the 512BB and the F40.

Current examples can be had for roughly 1 million dollars (US)…when it can be found.  Also I want to stress that this is not the Evoluzione version…I’m referring to the stock/original 1984 GTO as shown in the picture.

Here is a link to more about the car:

http://www.autozine.org/Archive/Ferrari/classic/288GTO.html

Thanks,

Revengel

http://www.ps3attitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Gran-Tursimo-5-Bottom-Banner.jpg

Message 204 of 714 (1,313 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

Manufacturer: Bill Thomas/Chevrolet

Model and Year: Cheetah, 1963 - 1965

Race Series: SCCA, USRRC

Historic Significance:   Racecar engineering at its most extreme.  This is another car meant as a Chevrolet powered response to Carroll Shelby's (small block) Ford Cobras which began dominating US racetracks during the 1962 season.  Corvette racer Bill Thomas was able to secure engines from GM, and along with co designer Don Edmunds literally laid out the drivetrain on the shop floor, and designed the car around it.  The ultimate goals were to make the car as light as possible, and with near perfect weight distribution.  To achieve this, the engine is set so far back in the chassis that there is no need for a driveshaft - the transmission is bolted directly to the rear differential.  The driving position is almost directly over the rear diff, with the driver's feet next to the engine block, underneath the exhaust headers.  Power is based on the Chev 327 c.i. small block, with full race prepped versions bored and stroked to 377 c.i. and making approximately 500 HP.  All those horses were harnessed to a chassis weighing only 1600 - 1700 lbs -- so light that the cars used DRUM BRAKES, as they were considered more than sufficient!

Desirability/Rarity:  Unfortunate events meant the Cheetah's numbers would be extremely limited, but also guaranteed collectability. 

"The Cheetah was meant to be Cobra-killer. It was Corvette powered, with a custom-designed chassis and suspension. There has never been another car like it. Unfortunately, the Cheetah never made production. A fire in the shop stopped production somewhere around the 16th car. We know for sure that 11 cars were completed. Beyond that is speculation and wishful thinking. At least 8 cars survive."  (source: http://www.cheetahcars.com/index.htm)  It is another much copied car though, as it is popular with replica builders.

Driving Fun Factor:  With such an amazing power:weight ratio, and weight distribution normally enjoyed by mid-engined exotics, this should make for an excellent sprint racer.  It may be considered primitive by today's standards, because it lacks any of the electronic aids that many modern racecars take for granted, like traction/yaw control, etc.  So it will take skill and patience to wring the maximum potential out of a car like this.  And the noise that high-strung SBC makes is nothing short of ungodly--enough to make dogs howl, frighten old ladies, make mothers clutch their children close!  The Cheetah is so fast, it blows its own doors off!

LarryWebbpregrid.jpg

cheetah4-4.jpg

Message 205 of 714 (1,295 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

Now there's one you don't see brought up every day...

Nice..!

(:edit: LOL, I just noticed it has American Torque Thrusts...Glad we probably wouldn't see it as a Standard Car...Smiley Very Happy)

Photobucket
Message 206 of 714 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Uh....really hate to say it but. I'm new to this thread. How many times do I have to request a new car? Please help me. I'm not getting used to this kind of wish list.

Message 207 of 714 (1,272 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Aug 3, 2012

rolandodelrosaro wrote:

Uh....really hate to say it but. I'm new to this thread. How many times do I have to request a new car? Please help me. I'm not getting used to this kind of wish list.

This is not a car "request" thread per say. This is a "wish" list. Most (99%) of the cars will not make it into GT. In my opinion.  You only have to post a car once for it to get noticed. Posting multiple times will not change the chances of those cars being in the game. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 208 of 714 (1,268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Okay, thank you! I appreciated it. ^^

Message 209 of 714 (1,264 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4574 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

rolandodelrosaro wrote:

Just post one time.  Did you read original post?  That will give you more information.

The Parking Lot list will probably get updated tomorrow and the second round of voting (now from this list) will start next week.

Message 210 of 714 (1,260 Views)
0 Likes