Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Re: The Essential GT Car List

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

White_R34 wrote:

Up date from one of my last posts. I was wanting this cool looking blue GT-R R35 and we have it, It's in the game as a DLC car.

I repainted the flat back color to blue. (I know it's not the right shade of blue).

Nor is it the right shade of car...

Similar yes, but not the same thing from what I can see.

I'd prefer the version you nominated, looks much sexier and meaner than the bland TC look of GT's version. It's a purpose built machine, to proper specs as opposed to a generic made interpretation. I'd much rather see the car as it is in the real world instead of someone's kinda sorta vision of what it could be.

And I'd like to be able to paint the car, not just the part of it, and then to restore it to the original color as delivered later.

Photobucket
Message 191 of 724 (1,061 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:

Those were just the GM numbers, though. The press cars were getting low 13s, and I should have a car magazine around here that had the normal '86 GNs doing 11s, after the engine was hosed down with cold water.

Their exhaust note still turns my head. Smiley Happy

Regardless, the Essential cars need to be stock. 

I always low ball numbers to keep out of trouble, as my head isn't as reliable as it once was. I was talking bone stock, the numbers were run in Hot Rod or one of the car magazines with little effort. The car was heralded at the time as "the fastest production car in the 1/4 mile", at least from a company in Detroit. I knew mags were playing with them a ton, and I knew of a few local guys who had them that did some minor tweaks to engine compartment, threw some cheater slicks on them and maybe a chip and ran mid to high 11's all day long.

They preferred ice to water though... Smiley Very Happy

Not related to Mastr's comment, but from above... No, the NSX wasn't on purpose... Smiley Embarassed

Even having to spell check 3 times and proof read posts 4 times I still have the dumbest of things slip by.

Though the GNX was a potent machine, I much preferred the look of the Olds Cutlass, and the note of it's V8 if you took the time to do anything with it. It was sort of the last hurrah for the square look, and for whatever reason the Cutlass' never died. They were bullet proof for the most part, more so than any of the other GM division sister cars. Why..? Who knows. I particularly liked the chrome option rims on a few of them. Didn't even need to buy a set of wheels for it.

At any rate, I knew someone with some definitive figures would come along and take care of it...Smiley Wink

Thanks for filling everyone in MastrGT.

I didn't know you could chip a 71 model car. Do they make electronic ignition kits for those?

Message 192 of 724 (1,053 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 1, 2012

I think he was talking about the GNX GNs, T-top family from buick, which were all 80s cars, right?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 193 of 724 (1,048 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45107 posts

Aug 1, 2012

I think you are cross-referencing a different car. 

How is the vote coming along, OzDaddy62?

Message 194 of 724 (1,047 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4920 posts

Aug 1, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

How is the vote coming along, OzDaddy62?

We have had a good response and there is still time to vote today before voting closes at 5:00pm EST.  Results will be announced soon after that. 

To vote see the VOTE#1 thread for more information.

Message 195 of 724 (1,039 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 1, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

I think he was talking about the GNX GNs, T-top family from Buick, which were all 80s cars, right?

Yes... Definitely not the 71...

Though now a days you can swap ignition and fuel systems to either EFI and EI your 71 or retro carbs onto your 2010.

We're to the point where if you can think of it, somebody has probably done it.

And there's a good bet some company makes a kit so you can do it too...Smiley Happy

T-Storms are finally done for round one, but looks like more are coming...

I may not find out the winners of the vote till tomorrow morning having to stay shut down.

Have to wonder whether the 60's sports cars or the high power super cars were the tops...

Or if some of odd balls snuck in there to take the top spots.

*drool*...

Photobucket
Message 196 of 724 (1,035 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Aug 1, 2012

sounds like you're getting the storms that passed by me a day or so ago.

I should be more careful, I just keep on gaming as if nothing could possibly go wrong... not a good idea.   I know.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 197 of 724 (1,031 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 1, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

sounds like you're getting the storms that passed by me a day or so ago.

I should be more careful, I just keep on gaming as if nothing could possibly go wrong... not a good idea.   I know.

Yeah, 1st one popped right over us, no warning at all. So far been lucky, only close calls but that's about to change. Looks like a night of book learning or napping till late. By then it won't matter, I'll be out with the lights...

I had a computer get popped a while back, fried the box and the monitor even on a decent CB strip. Just lucky to be on the one grid that goes out so regularly that giving it metamucil would be a waste of money. After that, any time it's sparky outside, I go darky inside.

No sense taking the chance for a few minutes of fun or a corrupted save... Smiley Wink 

Photobucket
Message 198 of 724 (1,024 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Aug 1, 2012

Manufacturer: Mercedes Benz AMG

Model & Years: SLS AMG GT3 2011-present

Race Series: FIA GT3

Country of Origin: Germany

-Mercedes-Benz-SLS-AMG-GT3-7.png

Both fast and reliable; the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3 proved itself a worthy racing car by finishing 1-2-3 at this year's(2012) 24 Hours of Dubai. It also was quite competitive at the 2012 edition of the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring finishing third overall in the Hankook-Team HEICO livery.  

With it's beautiful lines and distinct engine growl this car would make an excellent addition to the Mercedes Benz premium car dealership and I think it would also be fun to drive. Would fit right at home in the Tsukuba 9 hour and Nurburgring 4 hour races as well as the Tuned Car Race Series in Gran Turismo 5.

Message 199 of 724 (1,016 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Modified original post to fit the format with appropriate appropriateness...

As most of the racing cars in the game are from days gone by, it would be nice to get some newer versions of cars from many of the racing series like the Honda and the LMP cars posted.

One that caught my eye is this one... The new(ish) BMW M3 for the DTM.

M3DTM2

M3DTM2

The pics above are the original BMW prototype racer when they were making the announcement of getting back into the DTM series.

The DTM is currently running with BMW, Mercedes and Audi, and as you can see the cars are quite a bit different than the ones in the game now.

The newest DTM Specs are as follows:

Chassis:
Carbon-fiber monocoque with integrated tank and steel roll cage; carbon-fiber crash elements on sides; carbon-fiber crash elements at front and rear

Length/width/height:
4,775 mm/1,950 mm/approx. 1,200 mm

Tank capacity:
120 liters

Basic weight (Inc. Driver):
1,200 kg

Engine:
90° V8 aspirated engine, four valves per cylinder, 2 x 28.0mm air restrictors (in accordance with regulations)

Capacity:
4,000 ccm

Output:
approx. 480 bhp (with air restrictors, in accordance with regulations)

Max. Torque:
approx. 500 Nm

Engine management system:
Bosch MS 5.1 engine control unit, without fuses, central display

Transmission:
Sequential 6-speed sports gearbox, operated via pneumatic shift paddles mounted on the steering wheel; 4-plate ZF Sachs carbon-fiber clutch; adjustable multi-disc limited-slip differential

Front axle/rear axle:
Double wishbone axle with pushrods and adjustable shock absorbers with six settings; H&R coil springs

Brakes:
Hydraulic dual-circle braking system; monoblock, light-alloy brake calipers; inner-ventilated brake discs at front and rear; brake-force distribution can be adjusted continuously by driver; electromagnetic starting valve

Wheels:
Forged aluminum rims; 18" x 12" front, 18" x 13" rear

Tires:
Hankook; front: 300-680-18, rear: 320-710-18

The DTM is broadcast on SPEED once in awhile stateside. Last I recall it had an Aussie V8 super car type schedule with race weekends, having one race on two consecutive days, one long and one sprint. Either way, the cars are fast and very well matched, and they make for some very close and exciting racing.

The next few pictures are a couple of actual race versions, one of which (...can't remember which one now...) got BMW it's 1st win with the new car and re-established the manufacturer as a serious player in the DTM ranks.

M3RCR2

M3RCR

Some of the reasons why I think they should be included in the game...:

Though the current DTM is only between the three makes, it would also be entirely possible to incorporate the entire European neighborhood and create a fictional Euro Touring Car Championship with this template.

It should be possible for PD to fabricate a similar car for Opel / Vauxhall, Ford, Alfa, VW, Renault, Peugeot and other car makes with similar body sizes such as Jaguar or Volvo, both of which have racing versions of their cars, just as PD has done with many of the TC's and Rally cars the "created".

Even a world wide platform racing series with cars from the US, Japan, Asia and anywhere else a car is made could conceivably have a car able to be fitted to compete in it. As all the cars share similar shapes, having representatives from many different car makers on a consistent and fun racing platform would be huge contingent of new cars to take to the track in, and would make for one heck of a complete series within the game fictional or not.

While they may not be DTM specific, having a nice selection of different yet mechanically similar cars is always a good thing from the payers side of things. Giving players some good choices of manufacturer, colors, numbers, sponsors etc is always preferable to 16 of the same car on the track. And should PD ever include any sort of livery editor these cars are one beautiful canvas to work on, which would only make the differences available even greater.

A bonus to PD is the minimal work it would take to make the variations. Most of these cars feature small changes in body work aside from the unique nose/tail treatment. Much like the NASCAR stockers, a single model with a few tweaks could become 3 to 103 different cars very quickly, cars that would provide players with a very competitive and fun platform with minimal "cheat" issues to contend with.

Lastly, as I mentioned, I believe should PD venture into the livery creator world, these kinds of cars will make the perfect place to start both for people wanting to replicate actual rides or create their own unique mark in the racing world.

Whether just as a car itself, or as a group of cars representing the DTM, or as a fictional world wide Touring Car Series, I believe these cars make a perfect compliment to the newer Japanese Super GT class cars like the previously nominated Honda.

As an aside, that platform could also serve as a template for a number of conversions of other cars to also make a truly world wide racing platform, and would be equally as beautiful a canvas to drool and sa-livery over...

Thank you for your consideration.

Photobucket
Message 200 of 724 (993 Views)