Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 12/11/2010
Offline
907 posts
 

Re: The Essential GT Car List

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2012

Mustang

Manufacturer: Ford

Model and Year(s): 1965

Race Series or Class if relevant: I'm sure someone raced them.

Country of Origin: USA

250px-1st_Ford_Mustang_coupe.jpg

The above is a the photo from wikipedia.  Although the Torquemaster wheels aren't stock, I am hoping they will get DZ's vote.:smileyhappy:

 

For more information see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_(first_generation)

 

The 1964-1965 Mustang was the first of the "pony cars" and set sales records that still stand today.

 

My personal favorite is the hardtop model with the GT package.  The GT version has fog lamps, a special gauges package,  front disc brakes  and dual exhausts (chrome tips with vents).  I would recommend the 271hp version (with solid lifters)  I will try to find a picture of one that is in the public domain.

 

p.s. The first two replies below were in response to statements I made in the original version of this message, where I asked if I really had to include the required information.  The response was "yes".  But, rather than start a new message, I am just inserting the required information in this message.

Photobucket
Message 131 of 659 (710 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 02/11/2011
Online
3829 posts
 

Re: The Essential GT Car List

Jul 14, 2012

To be fair, everybody should try to follow the same nomination quidelines, with no assumptions of familiarity.




Message 132 of 659 (706 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/06/2011
Offline
2197 posts
 

Re: The Essential GT Car List

Jul 14, 2012

OzDaddy62 wrote:

To be fair, everybody should try to follow the same nomination quidelines, with no assumptions of familiarity.


In other words, when explaining the car, pretend no one else knows what that car is.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 133 of 659 (698 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/22/2011
Offline
1953 posts
 

Re: The Essential GT Car List

Jul 14, 2012

Gojet-64 wrote:

OzDaddy62 wrote:

To be fair, everybody should try to follow the same nomination guidelines, with no assumptions of familiarity.


In other words, when explaining the car, pretend no one else knows what that car is.


In actuality, that's a reality for some of the cars being nominated. We all don't know about every car, some just by name and some are specific versions or models that are unique compared with the pedestrian versions more commonly known.

 

I never assume anything unless dealing with a car like the Daytona Coupe, and even then there will be some who don't know the car or specifics.

 

Anytime I nominate something, I act like I'm trying to sell it... :smileylol: 

 

Anything that makes the car interesting, unique or desirable above and beyond the mundane should be included in your pitch...er...post about it. The more fascinating the write up, the better the odds of it getting noticed and making it into a vote.

 

So yeah, I guess that about sums it up... lol...:smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket
Message 134 of 659 (686 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/15/2012
Offline
14 posts
 

Re: The Essential GT Cars List

Jul 15, 2012

omgggg we definetlyyyy need cars like that people actually have in the north america or just all around classics good cars ford tbirds all the vehicles they show in the museium like the fire birdsssss transsss am new trans amssss like the ws5 or wut ever it is the 5.0 mustangssss are they crazy y no 5.0 lx 1988 i mean they got a dang 1983 turbo nissan 300zx i had that car too in life it was my first CAR in america lol weres the customization the nos that they had in gt4 there was a nitros button made the gameeeee soooooo more real lol i swear i loveeeee gt5 but forzaaaa is slapping us with there style they have its veryyyyy good now the cars customizations kaz plzzzzzzz give usssss more of a carrrrr feeling body kits i wanna see a good bunch of ricerssss i cant even create a car i have in life really my hondas crx got 432hp turbo with loud blow off valve gt5 doesnt comeee closeeeee to the real thing for certain carssss =( but i love you gt5 i love you lol

Message 135 of 659 (670 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/22/2011
Online
3229 posts
 

Re: The Essential GT Cars List

Jul 15, 2012
One suggestion.

Try Decaf...

:smileyhappy:

Don't know what you said. Didn't bother trying to read it.

Welcome to the forums though.
Message 136 of 659 (676 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/06/2011
Offline
2197 posts
 

Re: The Essential GT Cars List

Jul 16, 2012

Dubblocc-916 wrote:

omgggg we definetlyyyy need cars like that people actually have in the north america or just all around classics good cars ford tbirds all the vehicles they show in the museium like the fire birdsssss transsss am new trans amssss like the ws5 or wut ever it is the 5.0 mustangssss are they crazy y no 5.0 lx 1988 i mean they got a dang 1983 turbo nissan 300zx i had that car too in life it was my first CAR in america lol weres the customization the nos that they had in gt4 there was a nitros button made the gameeeee soooooo more real lol i swear i loveeeee gt5 but forzaaaa is slapping us with there style they have its veryyyyy good now the cars customizations kaz plzzzzzzz give usssss more of a carrrrr feeling body kits i wanna see a good bunch of ricerssss i cant even create a car i have in life really my hondas crx got 432hp turbo with loud blow off valve gt5 doesnt comeee closeeeee to the real thing for certain carssss =( but i love you gt5 i love you lol


  1. What?
  2. Please use proper grammer and punctuation marks.
  3. You're riding the keyboard on some of your words.
  4. GT5 is focused on the love for cars, and not so much the customizing of them. If you want car customization, you're probably better off with (enter 90% of racing game titles here)
  5. If you ask me, I wouldn't expect to see many American cars in a Japanese game for a while.
  6. How did you manage to type F, O, R, Z, and A consecutively without you're keyboard short circuiting?
  7. Welcome to the forums!
  8. Sorry if I'm sounding rude, but we do expect people to read the proper instructions on this thread.
  9. What?
Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 137 of 659 (669 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/22/2011
Offline
1953 posts
 

Re: The Essential GT Cars List

Jul 16, 2012

Gojet-64 wrote:

Dubblocc-916 wrote:

omgggg we definetlyyyy need cars like that people actually have in the north america or just all around classics good cars ford tbirds all the vehicles they show in the museium like the fire birdsssss transsss am new trans amssss like the ws5 or wut ever it is the 5.0 mustangssss are they crazy y no 5.0 lx 1988 i mean they got a dang 1983 turbo nissan 300zx i had that car too in life it was my first CAR in america lol weres the customization the nos that they had in gt4 there was a nitros button made the gameeeee soooooo more real lol i swear i loveeeee gt5 but forzaaaa is slapping us with there style they have its veryyyyy good now the cars customizations kaz plzzzzzzz give usssss more of a carrrrr feeling body kits i wanna see a good bunch of ricerssss i cant even create a car i have in life really my hondas crx got 432hp turbo with loud blow off valve gt5 doesnt comeee closeeeee to the real thing for certain carssss =( but i love you gt5 i love you lol


  1. What?
  2. Please use proper grammer and punctuation marks.
  3. You're riding the keyboard on some of your words.
  4. GT5 is focused on the love for cars, and not so much the customizing of them. If you want car customization, you're probably better off with (enter 90% of racing game titles here)
  5. If you ask me, I wouldn't expect to see many American cars in a Japanese game for a while.
  6. How did you manage to type F, O, R, Z, and A consecutively without you're keyboard short circuiting?
  7. Welcome to the forums!
  8. Sorry if I'm sounding rude, but we do expect people to read the proper instructions on this thread.
  9. What?

I addressed this in the dead horses thread...

 

I didn't realize it was spreading.

 

Is there a vaccine against this..?

 

I don't want it to spread too far.

 

BOOOOOYYYYYYY....!

 

Down, down dang it..!

 

Too late for me I'm afraid....

 

Shoot me now.

 

Photobucket
Message 138 of 659 (650 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/22/2011
Online
3229 posts
 

Re: The Essential GT Cars List

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2012

Renault

Megane 265 Trophy

France

Current holder of the record among FF cars on the Nurburgring, besting many RWD and 4WD vehicles.   Is it fun?  Some think so, see this comparison to the BRZ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUL9eQO5Q0

 

Race mod would put it into Eurocup trim...

 

 

7146442171024437193.jpgrenault-megane-265-1-2.jpg

800PX-~1.JPG

06061_021_dayraut.jpg 

Specs and more pics at http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/renault_megane_rs_265_trophy.html

 

Message 139 of 659 (640 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/13/2012
Online
1603 posts
 

Re: The Essential GT Cars List

Jul 17, 2012

Man that secend and last car look's sweet. I would love to drive them!!

Photobucket
Message 140 of 659 (620 Views)
Reply
0 Likes