Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
3536 posts

Re: The Essential GT Car List

Jul 2, 2012

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

We all would love Porsche in the game( Many a Dead Horse has been beat over this issue). The fact remains that as of now, PD still does not have the licensing to add ANY Porsches. So we won't have them anytime soon. We can, however, wish and hope. Remember though, If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride................

For the sake of wishing and hoping a dead horse may have free rein in this thread.  

Message 71 of 633 (2,298 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6675 posts

Jul 2, 2012

The Neighs have it, then...............:catlol:

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 72 of 633 (2,297 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2196 posts

Jul 2, 2012

Sticking with the Porsche issue, I would like to make a request to improve the Parking Lot.

Car makes that are already featured in the game (such as Honda) would be in bold or a different color in the Parking Lot. Cars of makes not featured in Gran Turismo 5 (such as Porsche) would be italicized or in a color that doesn't stand out as well.

This will help determine which nominations are more likely to make it into Gran Turismo via updates, as PD already has the licensing to those particular brands.

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 73 of 633 (2,289 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2012

Top Gear Technologies -- Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust (also referred to as Hammerhead-i Eagle Thrust)

hammerhead

Key Features:

• Battery powered electric motor
  • 0-30mph in 6 seconds, top speed of over 60mph
  • Innovative diesel generator hybrid system (technology later stolen by the Fisker Karma)
  • 9-hour range
  • Faster than its competition; the G-Wiz, Chris Hoy's next door neighbor, and Hannah, the fastest girl in the Top Gear office.
  • Three abreast seating similar to the McLaren F1
  • Springy bumper to absorb impacts
  • Moustache

Overview

The Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust represents the start of an exciting future for the electric car, born from a desire to shake off the compromises of existing electric vehicles and to deliver a superior car for less than the price of its key rival, the G Wiz.

The Eagle i-Thrust is a brand new design, created and built entirely in the UK, and boasts an extraordinary combination of unique styling, sports car handling and an innovative propulsion system that harnesses a familiar battery-based electric powertrain in league with the dependable power of a diesel generator to provide maximum range and efficiency.

The Eagle i-Thrust’s distinctive looks were created entirely in-house at Hammerhead’s Technology Centre in Oxfordshire, drawing inspiration from a wide range of influences outside of the car world, including sharks, fighter jets, leaves and the actor Peter Bowles.

The bodyshell itself is made from aluminium, chosen not only for its low weight but also for its crash characteristics and quality appearance, both of which are clearly superior to the glassfibre or plastic typically employed to form the bodies of the Eagle’s key electric car rivals.

The Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust uses a dependable Wales & Edwards 96 volt electric motor allied to a well proven 12 volt batteries. However, in an innovative move typical of this ingenious vehicle, these batteries are kept topped up by a smooth and adequately powerful diesel generator promising greatly enhanced range and usability.

This rapid development time was possible thanks to the adoption of well-proven technology for the i-Thrust’s chassis, utilising the familiar and dependable backbone structure from the TVR Chimaera. The immediate benefit of employing this respected sports car chassis is that it brings with it all-round double wishbone suspension, immediately lending the i-Thrust a sporty and dynamic ‘race car’ feel that is further enhanced by the retention of the donor car’s direct acting rack-and-pinion steering system. This ingenious combination is typical of the lateral thinking and prudent use of well-proven parts that typifies the Eagle i-Thrust, in this case boosting efficiency without compromising the high levels of grip and progressive handing behaviour that keen drivers expect.

One of the most innovative features of the Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust is undoubtedly its radical three abreast seating layout, inspired by the both the practicality of the Fiat Multipla and the sportiness of the legendary McLaren F1. Chief amongst the problems posed by this radical layout was the question of how to accommodate the central seat atop the central backbone of the chassis underneath. The solution proved to be elegant in its simplicity, whilst also giving the i-Thrust one of its most distinctive design features – the unmistakable HeadBox™ which gives the central passenger an unrivalled view of his surroundings.

The Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust is an innovator in the alternative fuel vehicle market. Unlike many of its key rivals, the i-Thrust combines sportiness, power, and efficiency in one affordable package. The future of the electric car is here, and it is the Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust.

Message 74 of 633 (2,272 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3536 posts

Jul 2, 2012

Gojet-64 wrote:

Sticking with the Porsche issue, I would like to make a request to improve the Parking Lot.

Car makes that are already featured in the game (such as Honda) would be in bold or a different color in the Parking Lot. Cars of makes not featured in Gran Turismo 5 (such as Porsche) would be italicized or in a color that doesn't stand out as well.

This will help determine which nominations are more likely to make it into Gran Turismo via updates, as PD already has the licensing to those particular brands.

I understand your point, but at the same time don't want to appear to discriminate in this thread.  If the community votes for several "more likely" cars and a dead horse also makes it through, maybe it'll send the right message, instead of the constanted nagging that used to happen.  

Message 75 of 633 (2,269 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4510 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2012

Manufacturer: Chevrolet

Car: Monte Carlo 1970-1988 / 1995-2007

The Monte Carlo has a rich history, with NASCAR in particular. Chevy has more wins in NASCAR than any other manufacturer, with the Monte Carlo providing the majority of those wins. Monte Carlo's were & still can be the car of choice at hundreds of "local" tracks around the country.

MonteRaceCars.jpg

There aren't too many people that can't recognize one when they see it.

2003-chevrolet-monte-carlo-yellow-580.jpg

This would be a nice addition to the Chevrolet New Car Dealership.

Race how you expect to be raced.

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 76 of 633 (2,251 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2012

Dodge

Charger SRT8

2008 - present

This car would make a great edition to the dodge dealership, and would look cool with the Dodge Challenger SRT8 that is allready in the game. The cars powerplant is a 6.4L Hemi V8 that is more powerful that last years 6.1L that graced all the SRT badge cars.

This car would be at home on the race track, would also be fun to race against the Challenger SRT that is there.

6.4L HEMI.jpg

Charger.jpg

Message 77 of 633 (2,225 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Jul 4, 2012

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

We all would love Porsche in the game( Many a Dead Horse has been beat over this issue). The fact remains that as of now, PD still does not have the licensing to add ANY Porsches. So we won't have them anytime soon. We can, however, wish and hope. Remember though, If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride................

And I'd be saddle sore as the hot place... :smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket
Message 78 of 633 (2,206 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Manufacturer: Renault
Model: Alpine A110-50
Year: 2012
Conceptual rebirth of the legendary Alpine A110, nice race car, it would be a good improvement for Renault's garage dealer that has just a few cars. Seems to be a very light and smart model to drive, not just powerfull and with the best grip, in summary, guarantee of lots of fun with a great history!

Alpine-Renault-A110-50-concept-1.jpg

Message 79 of 633 (2,195 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3536 posts

Jul 5, 2012

See latest list below, updated as of July 4, 2012.  Next update in a week.

Cars should be posted with the following information:

Manufacturer

Model and Year(s)

Race Series or Class if relevant

Country of Origin (some may be considered international)

Include a picture (please not too big)

Cars should be as manufactured or raced. No personal modifications.

Include a link to more detailed information if relevant.

Write a brief and sensible explanation that would help justify its inclusion. You should make reference to any of the following that are relevant.

Historical Significance

Heritage

Driving Fun Factor

Does the car fill a gap in the list of cars currently in the game?

Is the car desirable to collectors?

Would the car be at home on the racing track?

Is the car of particular importance to a racing series?

Does your car belong to an identifiable category such as (but not limited to) Vintage, Classic, Art, Concept, or Truck?

This information must be included in order for your nomination to be considered for the voting process.

See the Original Post in this thread for more information.

Cars with no link have had the post go missing since the forum migration.  

Car   (with link to thread post)Quote-UnQuoteManufacturerYear(s)Country
R15   plus TDI2010 Le Mans winnerAudi2010Germany
R18   TDI2011 Le Mans winnerAudi2011Germany
E30   M3Original M3 'nuff   saidBMW1986-1992Germany
CTS-VHigh performance   sedanCadillac2004-presentUSA
Impala   SS 409Iconic muscle carChevrolet1963USA
Monte   CarloNASCAR breeding stockChevrolet1970-1988, 1995-2007USA
202   GT, plus variationsFirst modern sports   carCisitalia1946-1952Italy
Charger   SRT8Charger vs.   ChallengerDodge2008-presentUSA
TestarossaIconic FerrariFerrari1980'sItaly
250GTRacing legendFerrari1962-1963Italy
SVT   RaptorLightning partnerFord2007-presentUSA
Monster   Energy Mustang GT, Vaughn Gittin Jr.Drifting and racingFord2008-presentUSA
Eagle   i-ThrustInnovative and   ingeniousHammerhead2009England
Venom   GTExtreme street legalHennessey Motorsports2012-2013USA
LX   Torana SS A9X Hatchback , Holden Dealer Team #05 Aussie V8 historyHolden1979Australia
RA273V12 at Monaco!Honda R&D1967Japan
Agera   RHyper carKoenigsegg2011-presentSweden
Nissan   Skyline RS Super Silhouette Formula - [Skyline 2000RS (R30)]Iconic NissanNissan1980'sJapan
Road   RunnerMuscle car breeding   stockPlymouth (Chrysler   Corp)1970USA
944   TurboWorth notingPorsche1982-1991Germany
Alpine   A110-50Conceptual rebirthRenault2012France
Renault   5 GT TurboPocket rocketRenault1988-1991France
GTS-RGorgeous exhaust   note!SRT2013USA
Ultimate   Aero TT Race car for the roadSSC North America2009USA
TS030   HybridLe Mans prototypeToyota2012Japan
Tyrrell   P3470's iconTyrrell1976UK

Message 80 of 633 (2,179 Views)
0 Likes