Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Re: The 2014 Corvette - This is it! (according to Jalopnik)

Jan 16, 2013

Man that sucks don't make us have to revoke your Class A Drivers licence now. LOL Smiley LOL

Man what did you turn off in your Driving Options?  (Me) I turned SRF off and AS to Mild and ASM off. TC 5 and ABS at 2

Photobucket
Message 51 of 105 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Jan 16, 2013
i be running striaght stock no adjustments. no driver adjustments either. ps please don't revoke my lic. lol
Message 52 of 105 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Jan 16, 2013

It's a cool car, handles pretty decent as stock running on sports softs.

I'm assuming it was part of the license agreement with GM that we can't mod the car in any way, I'm hoping later if this car does begin production PD can fully unlock it so we can tune it.

I think I'd still keep it stock other than changing the gear ratios.  The car seems to have more HP than the gears will allow it to go.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 53 of 105 (363 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

I'm assuming it was part of the license agreement with GM that we can't mod the car in any way, I'm hoping later if this car does begin production PD can fully unlock it so we can tune it.

Think of it this way, the aftermarket tune shops does not have the parts available to public to modify any parts of the car until the full production model is released.  So it is logical that there are no parts to be purchased, except for the addition of strut bar to improve chassis regidity (is it even necessary?).  Smiley Happy

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 54 of 105 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Jan 16, 2013

i found the same thing with the hp running at Daytona trying to beat my challenge to the community.   the thing i noticed was in 5th gear the car had good draft pull but it couldn't quite get to sixth gear and if i did it would drop right back out in the turns.   But the interesting part to me was that when it did 6th gear it wanted to get up and go for a short stretch then it would slow back to about 190 and hold it.   i'Ve been running on hard sports and a straight stock model.   I was unaware that we could not tune this new beast big dissapointment there but oh well.

For those still trying to get that time at daytona some hints- try to draft as much as possible, if you can it helps,  if not you will run about a 45 - 47 sec lap.  Also try turning back traction control down to 1 or 2 this will give about  1 -2 sec difference in the times you run if go to zero you will have no traction and will spin out in the turns if your not carefull.   My fastest time is still the 44:861 i ran earlier.   I went to practice room and ran 10 laps each of solo and one make and my alone was 47.799 and my fastest one make run was 47.703.

Now i know your saying that's much of a difference and is actually slower than your other time.   Well yes your right and heres why.   on the solo practice run i had no-one to draft off of so slower time.   As for the one-make practice run i ran the lead almost the whole race and could not catch a good draft so once again a slow time.   if you run the one-make race in practice mode try run 10 or more laps and start out slow.   If you start slow you might catch a draft and get that good time.  Or just try to run in the pack and help the other cars work up to a good draft run,  kinda like running Nascar only with a corvette and less cars.  lol.  Good luck to those running the challenge,  post your times i've seen sum good ones so far.  

Message 55 of 105 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

NumbSkuld wrote:

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

Think of it this way, the aftermarket tune shops does not have the parts available to public to modify any parts of the car until the full production model is released.  So it is logical that there are no parts to be purchased, except for the addition of strut bar to improve chassis regidity (is it even necessary?).  Smiley Happy

True, but the tune parts in this game in no way mimic real life tune parts that would ever be put in this car if that were the case, any car in this game for that matter. 

PD makes the car true to real life only when it's left completely stock, once you start tuning the cars, they are no longer anything like they would be in real life regardless if aftermarket parts are available or not, so irrelevant and not necessary to let us tune the car now.

I'm pretty sure it's more of a licensing issue.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 56 of 105 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Jan 16, 2013

After market parts are for people who can't drive a stock car because it is too slow.  lol.   Seriously though you are truly correct.   Personally I think it will be 6 months to a year before any after market parts will be available for the new corvette unless chevy already has contracts with after market manufacturers.    Only time will tell if we get one to tune or not.  Hopefully sooner than later,  I would like to see how high the hp can really go on this model.

Message 57 of 105 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Jan 16, 2013

You guys are only hitting the 220's in the draft??? 

TRY THIS!!!  LOL...

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 58 of 105 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 16, 2013

well that's because they are using Daytona, not Xtona Smiley Very Happy

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 59 of 105 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

To answer your question yes only 220 mph.  In our defense,  We  ( myself and those who took the challenge ), are running the car on its own steam not that of a car PUSHING it.   Now i'm not downing what you did or accomplished.  What you did is a feat unto itself not many people would have thought to do that , good job and props to you and the crew that pulled it off.  Me personally i'm the kind of guy that likes a car that runs on its own juice not that of another.  But again i say props and good job. 

Now if you can make the new stingray run that fast on its own,  let us know how and the settings that achieved that,  and that would really be special.  I think what you guys did is really cool but did you use all vettes at any point for drafting purposes or did you guys go straight for the x2011? 

Message 60 of 105 (249 Views)
0 Likes