Gaming Beast
1973 posts

Re: Sunday Cup Online Racing DISCUSSION

Feb 18, 2013

I wish I could join the group of SCORE'ers!! But sundays typically don't work out for me till late night. Glad things are workin out for this event so far though. 

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 216 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 18, 2013

tguns16 wrote:

I wish I could join the group of SCORE'ers!! But sundays typically don't work out for me till late night. Glad things are workin out for this event so far though. 

Second.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 216 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
747 posts

Feb 18, 2013

tguns16 wrote:

You missed out on some great racing today... a good mix of cars being switched all the time made for some interesting and close racing.

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 216 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1973 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Awesome. Hopefully we'll have some good back and forth racing in the upcoming "Daletona 150" ( Possibly 200 )  coming up this Saturday!!

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 216 (337 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
40745 posts

Feb 18, 2013

I needed some cash, so I was running Seasonals.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 216 (330 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2561 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

Okay, the event post is updated.

Ready to go REALLY, REALLY fast?

Suggestions for next week?  We can do stuff besides what I come up with here too you know.  But I still have plenty of ideas too...

I'll also try to stay later to see if the night owls can join us.  It may mean the lineup changes over time, but there is nothing wrong with that.  Was kinda the design idea, at leaast in part, after all...

Kinda hard to fit everyone's schedule though.  But we knew that already.  Just join when you can, for as long as you want / are able.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 216 (316 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2561 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Do you like puzzles related to GT5?

If I made specs that said "370hp and 740kg" could you do it?  With what cars?  I have two in mind, are there any other cars which could fit?

I'm looking, but thought it might be interresting to some of you to want to find out.

No prizes, but I could be persuaded to give a Kudo or two...  LOL

The ones I have in mind are in the 711 - 715 (+)PP range by the way, at that spec...

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 216 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 19, 2013

dmcallis wrote:

If I made specs that said "370hp and 740kg" could you do it?  With what cars?  I have two in mind, are there any other cars which could fit?

Ferrari F1s & Formula GT?

http://www.gtdata.net/car_search_results.php?search_id=11844

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 216 (283 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2561 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Unless it's already down on HP, the FGT can't go that low.

The "two" I mentioned were the two Ferrari F1s...

That spec may be our "Formula Sunday Cup" car. Like Formula Renault or Formula Ford, a stepping stone to and easier to drive than the Formula cars we have in the game.

The only problem (if you call it that) is that I can't get any tire to let go in testing. Even with Comfort Hards on a totally default tune (except the transmission which was brought way down...) the thing grips like mad. There's a lot to be said for tire width, obviously... lol

Everyone have one of the Ferrari Formula One cars?

I'm thinking those after the Speed Week this time.

Clacksman wins a kudo.
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 216 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 19, 2013

dmcallis wrote:
The only problem (if you call it that) is that I can't get any tire to let go in testing. Even with Comfort Hards on a totally default tune (except the transmission which was brought way down...) the thing grips like mad. There's a lot to be said for tire width, obviously... lol

I think the formula car (and X201watever) tires aren't really changed much by downgrading to comforts.  If they are changed significantly, then the aerodynamic downforce is quite important.  If you do a pp limit that forces low downforce some of the infini-grip goes away but then you get dirty-oil cars having more power which isn't too useful.

Ferrari F1s are available new for 10-12M Cr; the FGT is available new in the OCD for 5M Cr if you haven't picked up a used one, and is broken-in either way (needing 1M in refreshes), and has many colours possible (10 I think) so I'd go with those over the premium cars.

PS the Furai that appeared in my GTData search is fantastic at low pp/hp

Also MOAR QUIZZES

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 216 (267 Views)
0 Likes