Aug 03 2012
By: White_R34 Uncharted Territory 1751 posts

Special Event GTA Round 4 (370Z) Closed!

[ Edited ]
12 replies 354 views Edited Aug 10, 2012

Seasonal Events

GT Academy Car Challenge - Round 4 Nissan 370Z

Event Period: 08/02/2012 22:00 - 08/09/2012 22:00

Event 1: Nissan 370Z (GT Academy) '08: Tokyo Route 246 / 5 Laps.

This is a one-make race using the Nissan 370Z (GT Academy) '08(*). There are no Limitations to tuning, but tires are limited to Sport/Hard or Less. Special prizes are awarded to those achieving 3rd place or higher.

*You must own this version of the car, awarded by clearing GT Academy 2012 Round 4 with all Gold results. You cannot participate in this event using a standerd Nissan (370Z).

(PP Unrestricted)

Payouts:..........................................​...........................................1st: Cr.450,000............2nd: Cr.247,500..........3rd: Cr.180,000

Prizes: First Place in all Events: LV 8 Class Coupon.

1st: Special Coupon Car Restoration Coupon

2nd: GT Auto: Overhaul Engine

3rd: GT Auto: Restor Body Rigidity

(Typical Opponents for this race have PP 465  331 HP  1530 kg)

Event 2: 465PP Nissan 370Z (GT Academy) '08: Aso 207A Time Trial.

This is a Time Trial using the Nissan 370Z (GT Academy) '08(*). There are no Limitations to tuning, but tires are limited to Sport/Hard or Less. Special prizes are awarded to those achieving 3rd place or higher.

*You must own this version of the car, awarded by clearing GT Academy 2012 Round 4 with all Gold results. You cannot participate in this event using a standerd Nissan (370Z).

(PP 465)

Payouts:..........................................​...........................................1st: Cr.300,000............2nd: Cr.200,000..........3rd: Cr.100,000

Prize: First Place in all Events: LV 8 Class Coupon.

Gold: Random Paint Color

Silver: Random Helmet

Bronze: Random Race Suit

Photobucket
Message 1 of 13 (354 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Re: Special Event GTA Round 4 (370Z)

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2012

Thanks for the Kudos folks, I beat this trial just after setting this post. Now I must tell you folks that I don't like to drive with every thing off. On the Aso 270A Time Trial you going to have to use your drifting skills there. An set you gear ratio to a close type. Your really going to need to be fast out of each coner on these changing elevation coners.

I Passed the time trial just over the time limit. So i didn't pass by much.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 13 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Aug 5, 2012

With the daily bonus of 200% you get 900,000 for the One make race and 600,000 for the time trial. (Sorry for postinf so late).

Photobucket
Message 3 of 13 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 5, 2012

I did a few laps of the race and remembered why I really disliked this particular car... Smiley Tongue

It's the polar opposite of the last one, and seeing TC @ 7 as a the "default" is never a good sign.

I can foresee having to play around a bit to make this one behave itself long enough for me to get it done.

That and I still hate all the hard compounds in the game.

They were bad before, now they're still bad. It's pretty sad when I'd almost rather run comfort softs...

They nailed the RM's, the SS's and the CS's, SM's and CM's are OK. But I really dislike the hard tires.

I always feel like I'll turn my head and see Peggy Fleming sitting next to me with some terrified look on her face.

At least the car has power. Just hope I have some time to get used to it before the event ends. 

Don't know, hard to do when you have to look for an excuse to want play...

Just as an aside, more for the personages of a younger persuasion out there.

Ms. Fleming was an medal winning figure skater at both the Olympics and the world championships.

It's a thinly veiled reference to my less than enthusiastic attitude for "skating away"...

Unless it's Jethro Tull's version. That one's OK.

Especially when I'm "sitting on a park bench"...

Which is another veiled reference to another Jethro Tull song.

Just in case you're age puts you in a time zone when you may not know who they were too... Smiley Wink

Photobucket
Message 4 of 13 (279 Views)
Fender Bender
3589 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 5, 2012

I turned the TC off, bumped up the HP a little with engine mods.  I think these GTA seasonal events are actually challenging, a lot more than the regular seasonal events we usually get.  On sports hard, the weight of the car, you really have to be smooth driving this car. 

After the last hairpin turn, starting down the straight back toward the finish line, drafting the cars in front of me, when I approached turn one I had to press the brake pedal to the floor, just hold it there along with downshifting while the car took forever to slow down.  I'm pretty sure I had 5 on the front and 4 for the rear for brake bias.  With those tires and weight of the car, it takes a long distance to slow.  My first few attempts I didn't know it took so long to slow so I didn't brake soon enough and slammed into the wall in turn one.  LOL

I think the GTA version of this car handles a bit different than the one in the game.  I don't know which handles more like the car in real life.  I do remember thinking to myself while doing this event that if the real car handles like this, I don't want one.Smiley Tongue

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 5 of 13 (273 Views)
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Aug 5, 2012
I found the TTs easy enough once I learn the tracks. I usually go into the race with the same car (same PP that is) and see what I need to do to it to win. For some reason I have a harder time w/ the shared version. I figure I should be OK as is since I just won w/ it as is. But no, I actually turned TCS up to 2 for the shared car. Im so embarrassed.
Dirty_Harry44
Message 6 of 13 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
45747 posts

Aug 5, 2012

Don't be embarrassed over learning something.

My question is whether this is a common issue with shared cars or not.

Message 7 of 13 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Aug 5, 2012
IDK, I even waited till my shared car gained 5 more HP before doing it. When I won with the first account it was @ 415 HP, but at 420 HP I couldnt win. Ima check the TCS settings before I go all half-cocked. Id hate to assume and be wrong. Smiley Very Happy Its tough to remember where all the settings are at with four accounts.
Dirty_Harry44
Message 8 of 13 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 6, 2012

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

I turned the TC off, bumped up the HP a little with engine mods.  I think these GTA seasonal events are actually challenging, a lot more than the regular seasonal events we usually get.  On sports hard, the weight of the car, you really have to be smooth driving this car. 

I think the GTA version of this car handles a bit different than the one in the game.  I don't know which handles more like the car in real life. 
I do remember thinking to myself while doing this event that if the real car handles like this, I don't want one.Smiley Tongue

I remember having VERY similar thoughts to these...

And as I did another quick attempt today, I had them all over again.

I have found this is one car that actually likes to go "duck foot" with a 0.00-0.10 rear toe set. The inside tire drag helps keep the back end from kissing you at every available opportunity. You are dead on about being smooth, the car dislikes anything that induces any sort of side ways slide motion. After goofing for a bit I finally got it to somewhat behave for my limited abilities, mostly tweaking the LSD and toe.

I may be able to drive tomorrow, and hope to get this one done and over with so I can move on. My reflexes just can't keep up with the car's want to "skate away, that's all". (...hah, more name that tune...)

So far all this one has done is confirm just how much I hate this car... Smiley Tongue

Need some gooder sleep and a few hours un-preturbed to have at it. Otherwise I'll just be smiling and waving goodbye...

And I won't shed a single tear either, not a one.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 13 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 6, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

Don't be embarrassed over learning something.

My question is whether this is a common issue with shared cars or not.

Maybe it's just network lag as the info gets sent from one account to the other.

You don't think they'd let you just keep it inside the machine, did you..?

That would just be to simple... Smiley Wink

Likely it's one system for all shared cars, so they all go through the same process regardless of whether they're just going back to the same machine or not. Even with just a tiny bit of lag, the car will handle that little bit different from the account it's hosted on I would think. Sort of the same way a track is a little different every time you load it up for a race.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 13 (230 Views)
0 Likes