Highlighted
Apr 11 2010
By: NavS2 Ghost of Sparta 16138 posts

Soo....

22 replies 7 views Edited Apr 11, 2010

After a couple months of not playing it still takes 5 years to get into an online match.

Message 1 of 23 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Re: Soo....

Apr 11, 2010

Try matching with one of the events posted here.  SFS is up now, see TPRA Race Events thread for car/track/times.

Message 2 of 23 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Apr 11, 2010

The FTC issues have been ongoing for months now, and even with the repeated notifications to Sony, Nothing seems to be happening.  I figure that PD/Sony is going to let this GT5P issue slide and correct it with the release of  FIVE.    Unfortunately, it affects all who want to race collectively online in organized racing events.   While this is a serious issue that Sony has allowed for too long and will cost them credibility with their customer base, it will pass (just as every other Issue does) with the release of GT5.Smiley Wink 

Message 3 of 23 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1211 posts

Apr 12, 2010

NavS2 wrote:

After a couple months of not playing it still takes 5 years to get into an online match.

Holy cow! Is your post count right??

It seems that in recent weeks matching has deteriorated even further. For awhile, if it got busy, one FTC was the norm. You'd match into the next available race. Now, folks are reporting 2 or 3 FTC's before connecting. We've monitored the situation for months and there still appears to be a randomness that is as infuriating as the faliure to connect itself. You never know who or when it's going to strike. The only thing predictable is they will happen at the worst possible time. That never fails.

Message 4 of 23 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

Apr 12, 2010

Matching of GT5P reminds me of an old kick start HARLEY

Pull choke on kick twice

Take choke off crack throttle kick once

Turn ignition on kick twice

If it don't start, find your self a hill place in third gear let roll off it should start

If not, Change plugs get help push back to top of hill then repeat

After you get it running, riding it you think it was worth all the trouble.

With all the matching issues  GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE is worth the trouble 

Message 5 of 23 (7 Views)
Wastelander
682 posts

Apr 13, 2010

CDR_ooty wrote:

Pull choke on kick twice

If it don't start, find your self a hill place in third gear let roll off it should start

Most nights that is true but every once in while the frustration gets bad enough to where I feel better walking away for an evening. Also I know it gets said many times but this community is a huge part of what makes these ongoing issues bearable. We have a racers dream granted it maybe on a somewhat limited scale, not enough cars/tracks, but every night of the week there is an event to attend where there are quality racers. Not just quality racers but good people to be around. There are challenging formats that evolve to save the quality parts but add new twists to keep things fresh. Our garages within the game give most an opportunity to drive many vehicles in a spirited manner than would ever get to in real life. I know I have gotten to drive some cars I would not have chosen to but thanks to the clubs/sanctioning bodies we have for broadening my horizons. I know it is easy to see the negative but thanks to everyone who makes this more than just bearable but turn it into an incredibly fun experience despite its obvious flaws.
Message 6 of 23 (7 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

Apr 13, 2010

BakedTuna wrote:

CDR_ooty wrote:

Pull choke on kick twice

Most nights that is true but every once in while the frustration gets bad enough to where I feel better walking away for an evening. Also I know it gets said many times but this community is a huge part of what makes these ongoing issues bearable. We have a racers dream granted it maybe on a somewhat limited scale, not enough cars/tracks, but every night of the week there is an event to attend where there are quality racers. Not just quality racers but good people to be around. There are challenging formats that evolve to save the quality parts but add new twists to keep things fresh. Our garages within the game give most an opportunity to drive many vehicles in a spirited manner than would ever get to in real life. I know I have gotten to drive some cars I would not have chosen to but thanks to the clubs/sanctioning bodies we have for broadening my horizons. I know it is easy to see the negative but thanks to everyone who makes this more than just bearable but turn it into an incredibly fun experience despite its obvious flaws.

I feel this way at times too.
I agree, without this community gt5p would not be as good
Message 7 of 23 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Apr 13, 2010

As with any negative factor regarding this title, there are always the steadfast loyalists who will fiercely defend the merits of the game over it's shortcomings.    For this reason, it is worth being a forum member.Smiley Wink  The best part about these forums is that we all have blasted PD/Sony at one time or another, but still defend their product as one of the best racing games ever built. 

It's the non-regulars that come in and blast the GT game and say that F*rza rocks that have the loyalists up in arms, not the regular who complain about the FTC issues.....I have compained about the FTC as a result of frustration just like the rest of us.....does it stop me from racing online?  Hell no.  I like to "vent" as well as the next guy (maybe more Smiley Very Happy) . Every now and then it is good to relieve one's frustrations and air them out publicly.  That we have (mostly all of us) complained to Sony about this issue should have garnered a response. But since none has been forthcoming, the FTC issue is the catylist for the continuance of the complaints. And well they should continue...even up to the release of GT5, IMO.

Message 8 of 23 (7 Views)
Wastelander
748 posts

Apr 13, 2010

Hey Nav, Are you talking about the FTC problem or the continuous looping of the matching process when no else is racing a particular race?  FTC's have effected everyone and is one of the biggest complaints here.  They (Sony/PD) have chosen to ignore this and it something we all tolerate to one degree or another Smiley Sad  Looping through the matching just means nobody else is in that race, either wait for a match, yeah it could be a long while, I have fallen asleep waiting ...zzzzzzzz.... or like others have said use the in-game analog clock to match using the times posted here on the board, of course that will bring you full circle back to the FTC problem....

RACE FAST... RACE HARD...RACE CLEAN!!
Photobucket
Message 9 of 23 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Apr 15, 2010

JasherX wrote:

Hey Nav, Are you talking about the FTC problem or the continuous looping of the matching process when no else is racing a particular race?  FTC's have effected everyone and is one of the biggest complaints here.  They (Sony/PD) have chosen to ignore this and it something we all tolerate to one degree or another Smiley Sad  Looping through the matching just means nobody else is in that race, either wait for a match, yeah it could be a long while, I have fallen asleep waiting ...zzzzzzzz.... or like others have said use the in-game analog clock to match using the times posted here on the board, of course that will bring you full circle back to the FTC problem....

Yeah, Jash, what I like to call a
"catch 22"   or loop-de-loop.....a never-ending, redundant, repetitive, continuous, ongoing issue.Smiley Surprised Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 23 (7 Views)
0 Likes