Dec 04 2010
By: KING_OF_SAND Wastelander 862 posts

Sony ToS

20 replies 21 views Edited Dec 4, 2010

I created a post here that was talking about creating a GT auto trader website, and one of the SUGGESTIONS was to sell the car for real money. I have read the Sony ToS "ownership" and it does not clearly state that that is against the ToS. so i went a step further and i called Sony support with assistance on this matter. and the answer i got was NO it is not against there ToS. The question being "can i sell my cars in GT5 on a third party site for real money."

selling your car on a third part website for real currency is NOT against the sony ToS. so perhaps the moderator should of read the ToS before taking down my post. and if it is, please tell your support staff to read it, because they clearly told me it was not.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Re: Sony ToS

Dec 4, 2010

well they closed your thread for a reason didn't they? :robotvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Dec 4, 2010

Bongzilla83 wrote:

well they closed your thread for a reason didn't they? :robotvery-happy:

that is the problem, what reason? it clearly cant be because its against there ToS because that is not against it.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Dec 4, 2010

http://us.playstation.com/support/termsofuse/index.htm

go there and read please. im off to bed. good luck. :robotwink:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Dec 4, 2010

already read it and it was not clear on this matter which is why i called sony tech support. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Dec 4, 2010

listen. i'm sure creating a goofy database where people can leave simple feedback about who's a good trader and who isn't is fine. fairly useless since we have this forum, gtplanet and a slew of other gt related forums.sites.irc rooms etc. but i'm sure it's not illegal.

The problem is when real life currency starts to exchange hands. The illegality starts when people start to buy and sell copyrighted material property of Polyphony Digital and Sony. It's not yours to sell. My cars are not really "my" cars at all. Even user generated content like user created race tracks are owned by Sony. I have no legal right to charge for any of these things. When you opened that game and installed it you agreed to all of this. 

Making a little fan site with a trade exchange will probably be no big deal. Don't even think about charging for it or allowing your users to pay for content. Thats a big no no.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Dec 4, 2010

i would like a reply from a moderator on this matter please. i am not trying to start something and i am not upset at sony or the moderators here. i would just like to know before i put a beta site for GT Auto Trader that does not involve real currency of any type. i have no problem with not using real currency and as i said it was just a suggestion. its just that some people are more inclined to use real money to purchase a virtual car. it was just an idea. 

thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Dec 4, 2010

Bongzilla83 wrote:

listen. i'm sure creating a goofy database where people can leave simple feedback about who's a good trader and who isn't is fine. fairly useless since we have this forum, gtplanet and a slew of other gt related forums.sites.irc rooms etc. but i'm sure it's not illegal.

The problem is when real life currency starts to exchange hands. The illegality starts when people start to buy and sell copyrighted material property of Polyphony Digital and Sony. It's not yours to sell. My cars are not really "my" cars at all. Even user generated content like user created race tracks are owned by Sony. I have no legal right to charge for any of these things. When you opened that game and installed it you agreed to all of this. 

Making a little fan site with a trade exchange will probably be no big deal. Don't even think about charging for it or allowing your users to pay for content. Thats a big no no.

i understand that, we here are all university students doing this for a fun project for a grade. do you really think that we would risk our college career on a legal issue? we are on top of all this. and the site is just to make auto trading fun and a breeze, doing it here or any other standard GT forum is a pain in the ass.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Dec 4, 2010
I'm sure that posting threads complaining about threads that were closed or taken down is at least against the forum rules. If I were going to even attempt something like this I would take it to a non-official forum.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Dec 4, 2010

sixty4half wrote:
I'm sure that posting threads complaining about threads that were closed or taken down is at least against the forum rules. If I were going to even attempt something like this I would take it to a non-official forum.

im not complaining. i made this thread before my other one was taken down, i just edited it when i found out it was. 

and hell no i am not taking this to a non-official form, are you out of your mind?! this is a matter that could cost me my future, and thousand or hundreds of thousands of dollars in lawsuits if handled incorrectly. i need to know from an official forum and an official moderator.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (21 Views)
0 Likes