Reply
Highlighted
Apr 22 2010
By: kershizzle I Only Post Everything 1361 posts
Offline

Sony & Gran Turismo Devs.............. Enough Already!!!

58 replies 29 views Edited Apr 22, 2010

This is the first game Ive ever gotten sick of reading and hearing about...... you know what...................... unless you're announcing a release date I don't want to hear or read nothing else about it.

 

 Are you seriously still talking about a game thats spent 5+ yrs in development and still don't have a release date? if thats the case stop yaking to media and internet sites and finish it. One moment you're saying we can release it anytime, then you're saying its 90% done, now I just read an article at Playstation Universe where the Developer says he's going to be angry once it's released...Are you kidding me.....

 

I know Gran Turismo is going to be awesome and i'm looking forward to it, (hopefully its not a launch title for the PS4) but Sony seriously the Developers are acting like the Pretty chic who thinks no ones good enough to touch her............... Seriously Sony..... kick the door in shrink wrap that b**ch and get it on the shelves.

 

I have $60  

Message 1 of 59 (29 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 05/06/2008
Offline
12271 posts
 

Re: Sony & Gran Turismo Devs.............. Enough Already!!!

Apr 22, 2010

Did you know that not one  GT sequel has ever been 'finished'. All of the major games have flaws, shortcomings and bugs. Why? Because PD were rushed to market, and not allowed to finish the product, properly. I'm all for allowing them the time it takes, and another few months won't kill you, but it could kill the GT experience, by allowing major flaws and glaring omission to make it to market.

DriverSports.org
Message 2 of 59 (29 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/08/2008
Offline
1361 posts
 

Re: Sony & Gran Turismo Devs.............. Enough Already!!!

Apr 22, 2010

ForgetfuI wrote:

Did you know that not one  GT sequel has ever been 'finished'. All of the major games have flaws, shortcomings and bugs. Why? Because PD were rushed to market, and not allowed to finish the product, properly. I'm all for allowing them the time it takes, and another few months won't kill you, but it could kill the GT experience, by allowing major flaws and glaring omission to make it to market.


 

I totally agree with you and my rant was meant in a lighthearted way but also out of frustration. I know they want the game to be perfect but I also think thats part of the problem. Japanese devs feel it has to be perfect yet they lose sight of the fact that its all for fun. I dont want a rushed game either but after 5+yrs and all the media saturation giving the impression its practically done its time to show more than pretty pictures.

 

 

Message 3 of 59 (29 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/06/2008
Offline
1009 posts
 

Re: Sony & Gran Turismo Devs.............. Enough Already!!!

Apr 22, 2010

Kudo's not for the agreeing part but for the locking or deleting.

 

I've stopped caring about the release date and stopped caring too much about GT5 info.  I'm expecting something at E3 but won't really care at this point if there isn't anything.  The good thing is that I'm too busy these days to put much time into GT5 anyway so a delay is probably good for me.

Signature
Message 4 of 59 (29 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/09/2008
Offline
2501 posts
 

Re: Sony & Gran Turismo Devs.............. Enough Already!!!

Apr 22, 2010

ForgetfuI wrote:

Did you know that not one  GT sequel has ever been 'finished'. All of the major games have flaws, shortcomings and bugs. Why? Because PD were rushed to market, and not allowed to finish the product, properly. I'm all for allowing them the time it takes, and another few months won't kill you, but it could kill the GT experience, by allowing major flaws and glaring omission to make it to market.


Then why continually spend 5+ years trying perfect it?  It's not going to be perfect.  Let's just accept that and get on with it.

 

I don't think anyone should ever be able to say that PD was rushed to do anything.  5 years per game, come on.

 

A lot of guys have been playing the game since inception.  According to your own post, every game has had 'flaws, shortcomings and bugs,' yet here were are, still playing the damned thing despite these imperfections.  The only thing that will kill the experience is the fact that they don't give us anything new in a reasonable amount of time. 

Message 5 of 59 (29 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 05/06/2008
Offline
12271 posts
 

Re: Sony & Gran Turismo Devs.............. Enough Already!!!

Apr 22, 2010

 


kershizzle wrote:

ForgetfuI wrote:

Did you know that not one  GT sequel has ever been 'finished'. All of the major games have flaws, shortcomings and bugs. Why? Because PD were rushed to market, and not allowed to finish the product, properly. I'm all for allowing them the time it takes, and another few months won't kill you, but it could kill the GT experience, by allowing major flaws and glaring omission to make it to market.


 

I totally agree with you and my rant was meant in a lighthearted way but also out of frustration. I know they want the game to be perfect but I also think thats part of the problem. Japanese devs feel it has to be perfect yet they lose sight of the fact that its all for fun. I dont want a rushed game either but after 5+yrs and all the media saturation giving the impression its practically done its time to show more than pretty pictures.

 

 


 

 

The thing is, we're all frustrated and tired of waiting. You rant is just one of thousands, and serves no purpose but to make you feel better. I know, I've done it too. While it is fair for fans to critisize and complain, we should also learn to accept and more importantly respect PD's decision to delay the game. Only they know where they are in development, and it's their call if that's good enough to be called a full game, worthy of being the next full game.

 

The biggest disappoinments in GT history have been the things that don't make it in to the final game. First, there was no damage, then, they missed the boat on making GT4 an online game, which I believe it was intended to be from the beginning, I mean, there's just far too much content for it to have been developed as a single player game. Prologue was finally online, but not fully functional.

 

The game was originally planned to be released march 31 in Japan, now the best rumours aim for this fall. If that's the time frame needed to make sure the same mistakes aren't made, then we're all better off waiting. 6 months more waiting for GT4 would mean it would still be relevant, and people would still be active with it. Same goes for Prologue.

 

While no one is 'skewering' anyone, an you are entitled to your opinion, angry rants don't really serve much purpose beyond self satisfaction, and aren't encouraged. This is a message boards for GT fans. There are other places on the internet that are better served for levying criticisms at game developers, and spouting off on angry rants. Discussing the pros and cons of the delay is fine, just so long as it's done with a basic level of respect.

 

DriverSports.org
Message 6 of 59 (29 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 05/06/2008
Offline
12271 posts
 

Re: Sony & Gran Turismo Devs.............. Enough Already!!!

Apr 22, 2010

 


RickS95 wrote:

ForgetfuI wrote:

Did you know that not one  GT sequel has ever been 'finished'. All of the major games have flaws, shortcomings and bugs. Why? Because PD were rushed to market, and not allowed to finish the product, properly. I'm all for allowing them the time it takes, and another few months won't kill you, but it could kill the GT experience, by allowing major flaws and glaring omission to make it to market.


Then why continually spend 5+ years trying perfect it?  It's not going to be perfect.  Let's just accept that and get on with it.

 

I don't think anyone should ever be able to say that PD was rushed to do anything.  5 years per game, come on.

 

A lot of guys have been playing the game since inception.  According to your own post, every game has had 'flaws, shortcomings and bugs,' yet here were are, still playing the damned thing despite these imperfections.  The only thing that will kill the experience is the fact that they don't give us anything new in a reasonable amount of time. 


 

Well, to be fair, most of the 5 years was spent developing it. This last 6 months is probably being used to polish it. Perfect it? Impossible, but lets not go all pitchfork and torch wielding mob here, because that will get us a game with more flaws and potentially missing features. Actually, that's not true. It won't get us anything, because the reality is that they're not done, and they will release the game when they are. What it takes to call it done is their call, and we just don't know enough to make those decisions for them.

 

 

FACT: PD was rushed to release GT4. That's why it doens't have online and head to head drag racing. GT4 took four years. With the move to HD, and a much stronger processor, it strikes me as perfectly reasonable to take longer.

 

I made it to 62% in GT4, the first time around. The experience had pretty much passed, and I gave up on it. Only now that I found this forum, and can compete with friends in TT competitions and photomode tomfoolery, did I get around to finishing the game. What initally reignited my interest was the GTHD demo, and ranking my times online. Prologue took that another step, with online, but it's been a pain to deal with yet another unfinished game. I also see quite a few 'regulars' playing other games, more often, me included. The Prologue experince has started to pass for many people. That wouldn't be the case if we could have waited a little longer.

 

PD deserves to be critisized on GT4, and its lack of online, and the decision to release prologue in its form, as well as the decision no to increase its functionality with updates. I just don't think it's a good idea to try and force the release of GT5, even though it's been 5 years.

DriverSports.org
Message 7 of 59 (29 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/24/2009
Offline
1315 posts
 

Re: Sony & Gran Turismo Devs.............. Enough Already!!!

Apr 22, 2010

Longer it takes = better it'll be.


Logo

^^Click Me!
Message 8 of 59 (29 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/04/2009
Offline
1695 posts
 

Re: Sony & Gran Turismo Devs.............. Enough Already!!!

Apr 22, 2010

I'm with Forgetful on this one. If a GT came out every couple of years, then it would just be "another game." Every time we get a piece of GT5-related info, I'm always fascinated at the detail they put into the game. It just looks like they stand out from the crowd of developers. PD are like no other. 

I only have four games for my PS3, and I've had it for two years this summer. Two of the games I bought (one which is GT5P), the other two were gifts. I just have no interest in any other game right now. This PS3-era has been very disappointing. PD are right - it takes 5 years to make a game that stretches the PS3 to it's limit.

Personally I'm not looking forward to a release date. I'm looking forward to more news about GT5, so we can actually get an idea of what we are waiting for.

Message 9 of 59 (29 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/06/2007
Offline
3209 posts
 

Re: Sony & Gran Turismo Devs.............. Enough Already!!!

Apr 23, 2010

Neptune15 wrote:

I'm with Forgetful on this one. If a GT came out every couple of years, then it would just be "another game." Every time we get a piece of GT5-related info, I'm always fascinated at the detail they put into the game. It just looks like they stand out from the crowd of developers. PD are like no other. 

I only have four games for my PS3, and I've had it for two years this summer. Two of the games I bought (one which is GT5P), the other two were gifts. I just have no interest in any other game right now. This PS3-era has been very disappointing. PD are right - it takes 5 years to make a game that stretches the PS3 to it's limit.

Personally I'm not looking forward to a release date. I'm looking forward to more news about GT5, so we can actually get an idea of what we are waiting for.


 

Exactly.

 

I mean, the way I see it is the next GT game is like the Superbowl, whereas all of the other racing games are like the regular season matches.

I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 10 of 59 (29 Views)
Reply
0 Likes