Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 06/24/2010
Offline
459 posts
 

Re: So, Do all cars have cockpit view? Im really confused now.

Jun 24, 2010

ok. im shutting up now. looks like everything i've been reading is total BS, and it makes me very angry. 

This video doesnt work on the american site, but it does on the japanese site. I cant link straight to the video for some reason but scroll down to standard cars and click on the video.

 

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d9358.html&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=UTF-8

 

i honestly cant express my disappointment in PD right now. Driver POV was always one of my biggest complaints, and for them to only put a band-aid on that issue for the biggest GT ever? PD just lost a little respect in my book. im only using premium cars as much as possible. Hopefully they at least make it easy to tell which are premium and which are standard, and dont make the premium crazy expensive 

 

..............sigh.........im a sad panda.......and im sorry for misleading you all with what i THOUGHT was legit info.....................sad

Message 31 of 40 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
748 posts
 

Re: So, Do all cars have cockpit view? Im really confused now.

Jun 24, 2010

hepcatmatty wrote:

one last thing i'd like to say, and this certainly is hopeful thinking/speculation. Why the hell would PD spend over 5 years making this game if only 1/5 of the cars had interiors? Seriously, if what all im reading is wrong or somehow BS and the standard cars are the same blacked out driverless cars they were in previous GT games, i will be so disappointed in PD i cant even express my anger. They've spent 60 million dollars on this game. where the hell would the money be going? For PD to spend $60 mil and close to 6 years on this game just to be GT4 with more tracks and more features would be such BS on their part. I'd have to stop myself from demanding my money back on my preordered collectors edition. Speaking of which, has everyone made sure to preorder their copy?


This is exactly where we agree... I can't see PD not making a cockpit view for all the cars for that reason... I mean what a let down that would be as this is suppose to be the definitive console racer of it's generation, how can it not have them?

Can't speak for everyone, but as for myself Yes I have!!

 

RACE FAST... RACE HARD...RACE CLEAN!!
Photobucket
Message 32 of 40 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/26/2009
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: So, Do all cars have cockpit view? Im really confused now.

Jun 24, 2010
?“????????”??????????????????

? "Standard Car" does not correspond to the interior view.

Message 33 of 40 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/24/2010
Offline
459 posts
 

Re: So, Do all cars have cockpit view? Im really confused now.

Jun 24, 2010
ya i read that too, but thats unclear. Its talking about the interior shots which are clearly premium quality. so thats either talking about the fact that standard interiors dont match the quality....or dont exist at all
Message 34 of 40 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
748 posts
 

Re: So, Do all cars have cockpit view? Im really confused now.

Jun 24, 2010

hepcatmatty wrote:
ya i read that too, but thats unclear. Its talking about the interior shots which are clearly premium quality. so thats either talking about the fact that standard interiors dont match the quality....or dont exist at all

That is where all the confusion comes from.  Sorry, but I'm glad you researched it.  It's hard to get a real handle on it with all the information and misinformation that is coming out right now.  I still think there is a possibility of them having cockpit views in "standard" cars. I said I would bet on it, just not the mortage.

Oh I almost forgot...

Welcome to the forum, you'll find so much here with just a ton of knowledgeable people.  Stick around and add your voice.

RACE FAST... RACE HARD...RACE CLEAN!!
Photobucket
Message 35 of 40 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/17/2010
Offline
133 posts
 

Re: So, Do all cars have cockpit view? Im really confused now.

Jun 24, 2010

Much too soon to worry about this guys but I do hope they have an option to change views from cockpit since it throws depth perception off for me.

Message 36 of 40 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/19/2010
Offline
110 posts
 

Re: So, Do all cars have cockpit view? Im really confused now.

Jun 24, 2010
Message 37 of 40 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/04/2003
Online
44887 posts
 

Re: So, Do all cars have cockpit view? Im really confused now.

Jun 24, 2010

 


hepcatmatty wrote:

ok. im shutting up now. looks like everything i've been reading is total BS, and it makes me very angry.


 

Go back and read posts #16 and #19. SCEA also confirmed to me that there will be a dashboard driving view.

Message 38 of 40 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/24/2010
Offline
459 posts
 

Re: So, Do all cars have cockpit view? Im really confused now.

Jun 24, 2010

do we have any info directly from either PD or SCEA totally comfirming this? I dont know if you guys watched the video from the japanese GT site but those standard cars are clearly blacked out. So if its true and they are adding interiors to standard cars, you guys think its already done, will be done, or will they have time to finish before Nov 2?

 

This is probably the one thing i can say i hate about either PD or SCEA, they are so freaking vague!!!!! they dont reveal all till like the week before release, and they dont talk about important details till the month before release, OR AT ALL! 

 

Go figure huh, my favorite series of all time and the guys that make it love to stay as vague as possible till the last second.

Message 39 of 40 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
748 posts
 

Re: So, Do all cars have cockpit view? Im really confused now.

Jun 24, 2010

hepcatmatty wrote:

do we have any info directly from either PD or SCEA totally comfirming this? I dont know if you guys watched the video from the japanese GT site but those standard cars are clearly blacked out. So if its true and they are adding interiors to standard cars, you guys think its already done, will be done, or will they have time to finish before Nov 2?

 

This is probably the one thing i can say i hate about either PD or SCEA, they are so freaking vague!!!!! they dont reveal all till like the week before release, and they dont talk about important details till the month before release, OR AT ALL! 

 

Go figure huh, my favorite series of all time and the guys that make it love to stay as vague as possible till the last second.


Unfortunately it is what they are known for, I think they love to have us speculate.  There are two sides to this still, so don't become too discouraged, we'll know for sure one way or the other fairly soon.  Soon... That's PD speak for when they are good and ready to tell us.

RACE FAST... RACE HARD...RACE CLEAN!!
Photobucket
Message 40 of 40 (21 Views)
Reply
0 Likes