Jun 22 2010
By: LEONOFDEATH Uncharted Territory 1565 posts

So, Do all cars have cockpit view? Im really confused now.

39 replies 330 views Edited Jun 22, 2010

Is it only the 200 premium cars with Cockpit View?

Or will all have them?

It really isnt that clear.

Does anyone KNOW for sure?

Message 1 of 40 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Re: So, Do all cars have cockpit view? Im really confused now.

Jun 23, 2010
Most evidence points to NO cockpits, but there is lingering doubt. IMO, they won't.
DriverSports.org
Message 2 of 40 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
728 posts

Jun 23, 2010

Premium cars would probably have cockpit damage and more detailed cockpit views as to standard cars won't have as much details. That's what I think, they just can't put cockpit views for all cars after all these years of waiting...

Message 3 of 40 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jun 23, 2010

The original 800 or w/e do not have cockpit views, the premium ones you download will "down to the stitch"

Photobucket
Message 4 of 40 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11435 posts

Jun 23, 2010

Khaos1331 wrote:

The original 800 or w/e do not have cockpit views, the premium ones you download will "down to the stitch"

what do u mean original 800. are they transfers from past gt games but in hd? now i am confused

WARMONGERS
Message 5 of 40 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Jun 23, 2010

there is talk of implementing teh GTPSP c*ckpit view that has a blacked out interior much like what was featured in Richard burns Rally

Listen to the lullaby
of carbon monoxide

Message 6 of 40 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3252 posts

Jun 23, 2010

xNEVER-ONEx wrote:

Khaos1331 wrote:

what do u mean original 800. are they transfers from past gt games but in hd? now i am confused

Yes. Most of the cars in GT5 will be carbon copies of the cars in GT PSP, but in HD. This came from the fact that the game would take too long to develop if all the cars were brand new and built from scratch again because of the high standard of detail in GT5; also because all 800 cars from GT PSP will be transferrable to GT5.

I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 7 of 40 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11435 posts

Jun 23, 2010

calvins48 wrote:

xNEVER-ONEx wrote:

Khaos1331 wrote:

Yes. Most of the cars in GT5 will be carbon copies of the cars in GT PSP, but in HD. This came from the fact that the game would take too long to develop if all the cars were brand new and built from scratch again because of the high standard of detail in GT5; also because all 800 cars from GT PSP will be transferrable to GT5.

i dont care how they do it, aslong as they do it good

WARMONGERS
Message 8 of 40 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
509 posts

Jun 23, 2010

LcCo27 wrote:

Premium cars would probably have cockpit damage and more detailed cockpit views as to standard cars won't have as much details. That's what I think, they just can't put cockpit views for all cars after all these years of waiting...

Both the February OPM article and Wikipedia agree with this. The original OPM article (found here. Ignore the Indy BS by the way. Next issue said it was an error) claims, and I quote from the site, "All vehicles have modeled cockpits (170 premium cars will have interior damage modeling)." If that is correct, then you should be able to drive from the driver's seat. The premium cars will just have much more detailed dashboards and such than the standard cars.

XxXxXx
College student - Community College Freshman: "Mechatronics"

Congratulations to the class of 2010! Time to show those science jerks that say we always whine for everything that we are capable of doing stuff THEY only dreamed of!
Message 9 of 40 (330 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
31 posts

Jun 23, 2010
we already had a thread on this so here you go

hello there .

I've been following your website for quite a while now, and all I can say is thumbs up! .

I just read your E3 article on GT5, and I have one question, if you don't mind .

It's about this segment of the article:

"The developers have created fully modeled interiors for the Premium cars, as well as doing detailed modeling for the car's undercarriage and even the exhaust pipes! The Standard cars apparently won't have the exact interior modeling. For example, an Enzo's interior will look like the real deal, but your typical Mustang's will look like exactly like Mustang's."

Maybe you have noticed, but there has been quite a lot of fuss regarding the recent announcement of Premium and Standard cars in GT5, and if the latter have cockpit view or not. What you write in the above segment indicates that the standard cars do indeed have a cockpit/dashboard view, just not nearly as detailed as the premium cars.

Could you by any chance clarify this? Because according to some other articles, it suggests that the Standard cars don't have any form of cockpit/dashboard view. So do the standard cars have some sort of a cockpit/dashboard view? Also, if you happen to know, are the Standard cars simply upscaled GT4 models, or have the car models been improved so thy don't look out of place in a race with premium cars?

If you have the time and info to answer those questions, I (and probably all of GTplanet.com ) would be really thankful .

Best regards

And this is the reply I got:

"What you write in the above segment indicates that the standard cars do indeed have a cockpit/dashboard view, just not nearly as detailed as the premium cars."

That's correct. And that's why I wrote it.

He didn't comment on if the standard cars would be simply upscaled GT4 models or not, but this indicates that the standard cars should have a cockpit view, just not with the same amount of details as the premium cars.

Just wanted to let you guys know
Message 10 of 40 (330 Views)