Dear GT5 Community,
- I was racing ALL DAY yesterday.
- I suddenly noticed thick white smoke coming from the right side vent of my wheel. I immediately unplugged everything and stopped.
- It smelled like burning electrics.
- I turned it on today and when it calibrated, it moved sluggishly and it sounded "rattly".
- I'm guessing the right motor is blown?
All I know is that I have a $800 dollar setup and I don't have money to be replacing this wheel!
- Does anyone know:
- How to open up the racing wheel? (I want to double check to make sure its the motor)
- Where I can buy a replacement motor?
- Any other useful information?
I know I am asking for a lot, I will take ANY suggestion to heart. I just want my wheel back
Don't open it up! Call or email Logitech customer service, right away.
My G25 was well beyond its warranty when it decided to pack it in, but I decided to email them and see what happened. They were really great about it. They just asked me to box it up and send it to them and they sent me back a brand new one. I was blown away (didn't expect that).
You may have to wait a few weeks though......