Redrkt RacingTPRA ForumsCustoms Sigs
Message 21 of 216 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
873 posts

Re: Show your Gran-Turismo Signatures

Feb 8, 2012

John-GT5 wrote:

Ah!! I see, at first I thought you used Photoshop to just add the GT logo.  But then the #73 was what made me check your name and then that's when I got it.  Very cool .  It does look like one of the original text in the Nurb. track.  NICE!!!

Like they say, "what goes around comes around," and I am not talking about Karma.

Thanks.  the text is easy to miss.  I guess that means I did it well enough to be believable.  It's basically just some script font that I distorted to match the angle of the road.  I reduced the transparency a bit and added a motion blur.  I also darkened the lettering in the shadow of the car.  To sell it, I placed it partially under the back wheel by cutting out the wheel and pasting the dupliate wheel on a layer above the text.  - probalby more info than you wanted but I got carried away

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 216 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Great touch!  Along with the color selection which balances off the gold in the GT.

Photobucket
Message 23 of 216 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1599 posts

Feb 8, 2012

I can only wish I can make my own GT signature for my username... sadly, I do not have any skill to do my own GT signatures, such as photoshop.

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 24 of 216 (102 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41963 posts

Feb 8, 2012

MetaKraken wrote:

I can only wish I can make my own GT signature for my username... sadly, I do not have any skill to do my own GT signatures, such as photoshop.

You'll always find me anywhere in the world of PSN, whether it be earning trophies from different games, or just chilling away.

No special software is needed. Most computer platforms come with basic image editing software, plus there are many better ones that you can get for free. After that, GT5 has a Photo Mode which allows you to produce your own images, so nother special there, either. The rest boils down to talent and, since none of us have a "talent" gene, you get better by practicing just like everyone else.

So, make your own sig images and learn. They will get better as you get better. No sad faces necessary.

Message 25 of 216 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1599 posts

Feb 8, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

MetaKraken wrote:

You'll always find me anywhere in the world of PSN, whether it be earning trophies from different games, or just chilling away.

No special software is needed. Most computer platforms come with basic image editing software, plus there are many better ones that you can get for free. After that, GT5 has a Photo Mode which allows you to produce your own images, so nother special there, either. The rest boils down to talent and, since none of us have a "talent" gene, you get better by practicing just like everyone else.

So, make your own sig images and learn. They will get better as you get better. No sad faces necessary.

GTICGTToCA

Haha, so true. The reason why is because I'm a bit of a rookie artist myself. I'll see if I can try and learn how to find an editing software that will allow me to make my own GT5 signatures. Thanks for the heads up, MastrGT.

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 26 of 216 (101 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41963 posts

Feb 8, 2012

If you have Windows, then all you really need to use in Paint.

Really.

Free software, such as irfanview, are a little better, and once you get used to those, then you can get more complicated programs, but these two are sufficient to start learning.

Keep it simple while learning.

Message 27 of 216 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
873 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Agree with MastrGT - you don't need something like Photoshop.  It's expensive, has a bit of a learning curve, and is designed for more advanced and professional applications.  It's certainly not needed for making signatures. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 216 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Feb 8, 2012

@ buzbuz33: Your name, the picture in the sig, and the colors all goes great together.  Very unique.

@ MasterGT: Yea!, I remember now that I've asked you the question before about how you did you make your picture changing sig.  I remember that I did look in to a web site about it, but it would take more time than I wanted to spend thus I gave it up back then. LOL.

@ redrkt: Great sigs!!!  I like the Mini with the 22" rims. LOL 

@ MetaKraken:  EXACTLY what MasterGT said on post # 24.  In addition, there is no wrong, bad, ugly way to make a sig.  Your sig reflects to you and only you.  You make it the way you know how and the way you like it. 

@ Outlier73: Great touch with the tire over the text.  That really was the trick to push the text down to the ground and therefore gave that natural look instead of floating in the air.

By the way, in case anybody needs to know how to put pictures in your sig. Below is a link where I learned how to.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3356185

Like they say, "what goes around comes around," and I am not talking about Karma.
Message 29 of 216 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Definitely some cool sigs. I'm still tweaking.

Message 30 of 216 (101 Views)
0 Likes