Wastelander
688 posts

Re: Show your Gran-Turismo Signatures

Aug 20, 2012

John-GT5 wrote:

Dan_Zitions wrote:

John-GT5 wrote:

Dan_Zitions wrote:

Have to say I like the last two from John and Speedy...

If I "had" to nitpick...

I'd move the "John" from vertical to horizontal. It looks like a tacky bolt on from the 70's, like curb feelers or a fur roof. It would be very nice to see it done like the other lettering on the top of the sig a little smaller and fainter than what's there. Give an illusion of all of the sig fading in from the top down.

Thanks for the input Dan.  But my goal was to make my "john" text to stick out from the rest of the images.  And because of the motion blur at that area it made the image looked like a un-balanced picture, and thus I used the "john" text as a "re-focus point" to put the balance back.  Also, about the horizontal position I purposely left it in vertical to match all my previous sig design.  This way the position/location/style itself is also a signature of my own. Check out the OP to see all 3 of my sigs together.

It forces me to choose looking at the cars or at the name...

And I have to say the cars win every time.

If the objective is to have the name stand out, mission accomplished, but in my case it's ignored.

The tail light blur for Speedy's car is approaching Bill and Ted status... (...excellent...add the guitar riff here...)

That was my goal. To have the view focus on the car more and still know who is it from. Smiley Happy

Yea, I liked the tail light motion blur too.   It took me a few tries to get it the way I wanted to show.  BTW, Bill and Ted! Smiley Very Happy I must say you are at least 30 yr's old right? I was never a fan of Bill & Ted, but yes I had some good memories back then. Smiley Wink  Thanks for the complement.

I took all the colors out.  Is that better?

Like they say, "what goes around comes around," and I am not talking about Karma.
Message 211 of 216 (276 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Aug 20, 2012

John-GT5 wrote:

John-GT5 wrote:

Dan_Zitions wrote:

John-GT5 wrote:

Dan_Zitions wrote:

Have to say I like the last two from John and Speedy...

If I "had" to nitpick...

I'd move the "John" from vertical to horizontal. It looks like a tacky bolt on from the 70's, like curb feelers or a fur roof. It would be very nice to see it done like the other lettering on the top of the sig a little smaller and fainter than what's there. Give an illusion of all of the sig fading in from the top down.

Thanks for the input Dan.  But my goal was to make my "john" text to stick out from the rest of the images.  And because of the motion blur at that area it made the image looked like a un-balanced picture, and thus I used the "john" text as a "re-focus point" to put the balance back.  Also, about the horizontal position I purposely left it in vertical to match all my previous sig design.  This way the position/location/style itself is also a signature of my own. Check out the OP to see all 3 of my sigs together.

It forces me to choose looking at the cars or at the name...

And I have to say the cars win every time.

If the objective is to have the name stand out, mission accomplished, but in my case it's ignored.

The tail light blur for Speedy's car is approaching Bill and Ted status... (...excellent...add the guitar riff here...)

That was my goal. To have the view focus on the car more and still know who is it from. Smiley Happy

Yea, I liked the tail light motion blur too.   It took me a few tries to get it the way I wanted to show.  BTW, Bill and Ted! Smiley Very Happy I must say you are at least 30 yr's old right? I was never a fan of Bill & Ted, but yes I had some good memories back then. Smiley Wink  Thanks for the complement.

I took all the colors out.  Is that better?

MUCH, thank you.

The bold part is what I refer to when I say I see the sig, but I cannot shift focal points to see who it's from. I have to pick one.

However, if the name were to blend into the main design, even if ever so slightly, it would allow it to creep in as part of the entire sig and I would know it was yours.

It's a polar opposite to your line of thought, where if I read correctly, you find the name ADDS balance, and that it draws attention to your name.

In my case, it has the opposite effect. It creates unbalance and forces me to ignore the name altogether to enjoy the cars.

This isn't a normal condition for most people, but there are many who simply want to fly through threads that will stop for a split second, say to themselves "ooh, pretty cars", and move on. They won't look to the right and see your name either.

In the end, it really just amounts to a wanna be graphic artist's (..me, myself and Larry..) pet peeves.

I don't mean to be flippant or rude, nor do I want to give the impression my thinking is better than anyone else's.

I just see things differently then most is all.

In the end, it's your work. It's beautiful, it says what you want it to and how you want it to be said.

I respect that. It IS a nice sig. That's all that really matters in the end, no...?

Also note I feel it's good to push the boundaries a bit, to step outside one's box for a time and try to understand something from another perspective. My prodding has simply been to have you explain it in different ways so I could get a firm grasp on what you're trying to say and accomplish. That way the next time I'm looking at doing another sig, I have some things to try that are outside my box, along with some solid reason and understanding with which to implement them.

I argue to understand, not to win. The other person is always the victor with me. My victory comes with a new found idea, talent, skill or interpretation to apply and compare with my own way of doing things.

Sometimes I find out there really is a better way.

Any time I can improve or learn something new, especially given my current condition, it's never a loss. Smiley Happy

Apologies if I offended in any way shape or form, and the point is made now enough to where I think it's OK to leave it be.

Thanks for taking the time to explain for me. It is greatly appreciated.

DZ

Photobucket
Message 212 of 216 (271 Views)
Wastelander
688 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2012
See below Dan. 

Dan_Zitions wrote:

I don't mean to be flippant or rude, nor do I want to give the impression my thinking is better than anyone else's.

-No rudeness was detected, and I also believe that everybody has their own opinions.  Plus I did asked what did everybody think right?

I just see things differently then most is all.

-That is good because that's what makes you "you" IMO.

In the end, it's your work. It's beautiful, it says what you want it to and how you want it to be said.

-Thanks you sir!

I respect that. It IS a nice sig. That's all that really matters in the end, no...?

-If I change everything according to what everybody says, then I am not "me" anymore right? 

Also note I feel it's good to push the boundaries a bit, to step outside one's box for a time and try to understand something from another perspective. My prodding has simply been to have you explain it in different ways so I could get a firm grasp on what you're trying to say and accomplish. That way the next time I'm looking at doing another sig, I have some things to try that are outside my box, along with some solid reason and understanding with which to implement them.

-I may not be the best at explaining thing, so my question to you is did you understand my explanations so far?

I argue to understand, not to win. The other person is always the victor with me. My victory comes with a new found idea, talent, skill or interpretation to apply and compare with my own way of doing things.

-I didn't know that we were arguing Dan... LOL. 

Sometimes I find out there really is a better way.

-I hope I was able to show you another way of doing things. Not necessary better, but just another way.

Any time I can improve or learn something new, especially given my current condition, it's never a loss. Smiley Happy

-There are always things to be learned every day my friend.

Apologies if I offended in any way shape or form, and the point is made now enough to where I think it's OK to leave it be.

-You did not do anything wrong so no apologies needed. Also, no offending detected.

Thanks for taking the time to explain for me. It is greatly appreciated.

-Well, I was the one who asked for opinions, so thank you for answering.

DZ

Like they say, "what goes around comes around," and I am not talking about Karma.
Message 213 of 216 (259 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2012

John-GT5 wrote:
See below Dan. 

Yeah...

Good luck with that... Smiley Very Happy

Make sure I have my cane for balance if you try though.

Just sayin'...

Photobucket
Message 214 of 216 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 23, 2012

My newest creation

Sig

photo CIMG1810_zpse1fd5a4d.jpg
Message 215 of 216 (200 Views)