Sep 01 2012
By: WeAreHuman First Son 5 posts

Settings for the Nissan 370z?

[ Edited ]
5 replies 276 views Edited Sep 1, 2012

The new GT seasonal event started, and I have been trying to complete the 1st event (Which is a one-make race) but I'm not able to finish with a decent place. (My best is #4).
Anyone knows how to tune this car, in order to get a better performance?

Message 1 of 6 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Settings for the Nissan 370z?

Sep 1, 2012

Without messing with tuning, I made it with just the Anti-skid ON and TCS on 7.

I don´t know if this is called Anti-skid or Anti-drift because my GT5 is in Spanish and its called Anti-derrape.

Hope it helps.

Message 2 of 6 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
392 posts

Sep 1, 2012

It's called skid recovery force also known as the easy button or the unrealistic grip button. 

DIsclaimer: My opinions are just that, MY opinions. They in no way shape or form express the opinions of anyone else unless they happen to agree with me.

Actual quote from a driver: "I never brake check anyone, but if I see you right behind me, I'm going to brake as hard as I can"
Message 3 of 6 (246 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Hey jlbowler. Long time, great to see you again.

Don't be a stranger.....

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 4 of 6 (243 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Anti-Skid worked, can't believe I never tried that before.
I might just use it on this event, because I have played all the other races (not Seasonal Events) without it.
Thanks a lot Carzz, easy 1.3M.
Time to rank up and get some awesome cars. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
907 posts

Sep 4, 2012

You able to get the time trial?  I probably spent 6 hours on that one - getting to within tenths, then hundreths of the target time.  But the best times were 20 secs better - which sez that I have a lot of room for improvement - in technique and/or tuning.  I used a stick because it was easier to recover when the car got a bit tail happy.  But, by the end, I had learned to drive the course and avoid those problems (using only abs=1), so perhaps I should have switched to my wheel - which seems to be what the best drivers used.

In any case, the car had all the improvements, with engine detuned.  On the suspension, I dropped the car all the way down to -20 and stiffened the supension to 16.  I had something like 8/6 for shocks and 6 for anti-sway.  Camber was 2.5F/2.0R with zero toe.  Downforce was at max.

I had tried using ballast and tcs, but eventually eliminated both.  Not sure if tuning made as much difference as reps and smoother driving.  But would be interested in hearing your settings.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 6 (184 Views)
0 Likes