Fender Bender
3586 posts

Re: Self pat on the back...

Nov 7, 2012

Congratulations Grundberg!!  I'm sure you feel a sense of accomplishment finally completing those huh?  After all this time you've had this game you finally golded them all, nice job!!  Get ready for GT6, get to do it all over again.  LOL

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 11 of 19 (289 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1357 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

Congratulations Grundberg!!  I'm sure you feel a sense of accomplishment finally completing those huh?  After all this time you've had this game you finally golded them all, nice job!!  Get ready for GT6, get to do it all over again.  LOL

Actually, Lord -- before GT6 shows up, I will be spending a majority of my time on Grand Theft Auto V. Smiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Happy

- Grundberg    (PS4 owner since November 2014)

Current library:  Dangerous Golf, Grand Theft Auto V, Madden 15, Mortal Kombat XL, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra, Uncharted Collection, WWE 2K16
Message 12 of 19 (282 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Grundberg, congratulations on the "All Golden license" achievement.  Your perseverance is admirable.

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 13 of 19 (270 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1357 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Thanks again for the kudos, everyone! I encourage you all to use this thread to announce your personal GT5 milestones. Whether they be minimal or monumental, every achievement deserves kudos! Smiley Happy

Current library:  Dangerous Golf, Grand Theft Auto V, Madden 15, Mortal Kombat XL, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra, Uncharted Collection, WWE 2K16
Message 14 of 19 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
907 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

Re: Your Permanent List

Try the Sebastain Loeb challenge with SRF on.  I wasn't able to even get bronze until I tried that.  With it on, I got gold almost right away.

P.S. I did get a Platinum Trophy in Cars 2 - my grandson's favorite "racing" game.  And he got 8th place in an Indy race using the X2011.  I am hoping to train him enough to do the endurance races for me.Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 15 of 19 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1357 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

buzbuz33 wrote:

Re: Your Permanent List

Try the Sebastain Loeb challenge with SRF on.  I wasn't able to even get bronze until I tried that.  With it on, I got gold almost right away.

P.S. I did get a Platinum Trophy in Cars 2 - my grandson's favorite "racing" game.  And he got 8th place in an Indy race using the X2011.  I am hoping to train him enough to do the endurance races for me.Smiley Very Happy

You know, it's really ironic that you mentioned that Vettel X Challenge. It was only a few hours ago I tried the X Challenge on Monza, and I couldn't do it. I kept asking myself how I'm supposed to have the razor-sharp reflexes to take that track in such a wild car, and I got frustrated and let that one go...

I will activate the Skid Recovery Force and see how that works out. Thanks!

Message 16 of 19 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Congratulations on all Gold, Well Done

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 17 of 19 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
907 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Grundberg wrote:

You know, it's really ironic that you mentioned that Vettel X Challenge. It was only a few hours ago I tried the X Challenge on Monza, and I couldn't do it. I kept asking myself how I'm supposed to have the razor-sharp reflexes to take that track in such a wild car, and I got frustrated and let that one go...

I will active the Skid Recovery Force and see how that works out. Thanks!

Actually, I was referring to using SRF on the Rally challenges.

As far as I can tell (based on my 3 bronzes to date), the Vettel X Challenge is more a matter of creating "muscle memory" by repetition.  To get gold, you will also need to figure out the tricks for getting around certain corners, such as cutting the S-curves on Monza.  I don't know if SRF makes much difference since the car seems to ride on rails.

And, if you are like me, the Nurburgring challenges are going to take awhile.  The rain challenges in the old Mercedes are the easiest to win as long as you drive carefully.  The dry high speed full lap is the worst - I am still 10 secs from gold in that.  No SRF allowed on this.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 19 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1357 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

I thought I would use this thread to give a special shout-out to The_Teacher_1907. He has achieved the Platinum trophy in Gran Turismo 5! Smiley Happy

Excellent job! Nicely done.

Original thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/PLATINUM-Finally/m-p/39174959#U39...

Message 19 of 19 (204 Views)