Highlighted
Oct 30 2012
By: Grundberg I Only Post Everything 1357 posts

Self pat on the back...

[ Edited ]
18 replies 460 views Edited Oct 30, 2012

So, for a long time, my License Tests medal count was sitting at 49-10-1. Occasionally, I would go back and attempt to upgrade more of the medals, but with no luck. Way too difficult. I ran out of patience and decided to abandon them for a while, not giving them any more thought.

Well, over the past week, I went back to them and made some tremendous progress! After upgrading several more of these License Test medals, my count sits at 57-3-0. The tests I have left to Gold are:

IC-10: Rome City Course 2-lap Challenge

IB-3: FR Cone Slalom Challenge

IA-1: Mastering the Circuit de la Sarthe's "Indianapolis" Section

This is just one of those personal milestones for me that I feel proud of having put the effort into! I guess it just goes to show that you need skill, patience and be willing to experiment with the settings.

As for those remaining three test I currently hold silver on...only time will tell. It may or may not happen!

I could actually declare this thread a "Self pat on the back" thread. You know, just for those of you who've recently done something in the game you wish to publicly congratulate yourself on. This thread probably wouldn't get far as such, but just an idea...!

- Grundberg    (PS4 owner since November 2014)

Current library:  Dangerous Golf, Grand Theft Auto V, Madden 15, Mortal Kombat XL, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra, Uncharted Collection, WWE 2K16
Message 1 of 19 (460 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: Self pat on the back...

Oct 30, 2012

nice idea for a thread.... some people are probably too modest about amazing accomplishments, and others may brag about smaller ones.  but that's an individual experience.  each person knows what "great" means for their own performance.  if we polled all of us, I guess we'd find out that performing well means that we exceeded the threshold of something we did before.  improved.  surpsrised one's self.  But without talking about what we're doing, we lose the connection to the other's experience lose inspiration for improving.

Most games are meant to pit you against someone or something else, and see who wins.  You're supposed to try and beat someone else's lap time or try to make a clean pass and win in a race against them.  You're supposed to want those gold medals, not because they're medals, but because they each represent an accomplishment.

the only way we add meaning to accomplishments is by talking about them.

battle stories if you will.

so yea I hope people will start to brag about accomplishments, as there is a polite way to do it.  if you rub it in theface of someone else, just try to do it playfully and not try to fight about it.  that's all.

for instance, in TT threads, we might say "hey I just beat your time" but that doesn't have to be taken as "you suck".  freindly competition is what gaming should be and will help keep discussion and activity surrounding this game alive.

I have only a few left to gold as well, I'll have to check which ones those are and maybe pay attention to finally getting them golded.  it hasn't been a huge priority so I've just left them.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 2 of 19 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

I did pretty much the same thing.

When I first got the game I did the best I could at the time, really trying as hard as I could.  I felt like you did with some being 'way too difficult' so I also abandoned them apx. a year before I attempted again.  During that year however I learned a lot about car handling, running the correct lines going through turns, when to brake, when to accelerate, etc, by playing online with people, finishing A-Spec.  Pretty much just endless playing the game and learning and naturally getting better.  When I did finally decide to go back to try again, there was still a few I struggled with at first but I didn't have to re-try too many times before I finally got all gold.

It felt great to finally get all gold on those tests.  At this point I only have a hand full of Special Events that I need to get all gold on to accomplish getting gold in every event in the game.  However I fear that no matter how hard I try, those Vettel X1 challenges are just too insane hard.  On the other hand, I really don't care if I ever gold in every event at this point.

Congratulations Grundberg for trying again and doing better, just three more to go, you can do it!!!!

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 3 of 19 (426 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1357 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Thanks for the quick responses on this thread! While we're on topic, this also brings to mind a previous accomplishment from a few weeks ago. I finally got that Dream Drifter trophy (10,000 points at Chamonix), scoring 11,000 points after a few dozen tries. Admittedly, it was only 2% of my trophy accumulation, but I was relieved to earn something so easy which I felt was so incredibly difficult.

Current library:  Dangerous Golf, Grand Theft Auto V, Madden 15, Mortal Kombat XL, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra, Uncharted Collection, WWE 2K16
Message 4 of 19 (418 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1357 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

Smiley Happy I GOLDED ALL LICENSE TESTS! Smiley Happy

I golded IA-1 a few days after posting this topic. Tonight, I golded IC-10 (rightfully labeled the hardest test). Finally, I spent over an hour (and dozens of attempts) on IB-3...sat at 18.604 for a while. Then golded it with a time of 18.245. Total game completion still sits at 96%, but anyway...

. . .WOOHOO!

Message 5 of 19 (354 Views)
Wastelander
907 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Congratulations!

I assume you are now working your way through the special events?

Keep us posted on your progress.  I am stuck on a couple of them and hope you are able to get them all so I can learn from your success.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 19 (343 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44511 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Grundberg wrote:

Smiley Happy I GOLDED ALL LICENSE TESTS! Smiley Happy

Congratulations, Grundberg!

Message 7 of 19 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Nov 6, 2012

yea good job, Grundberg

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 8 of 19 (314 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1357 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

buzbuz33 wrote:

Congratulations!

I assume you are now working your way through the special events?

Keep us posted on your progress.  I am stuck on a couple of them and hope you are able to get them all so I can learn from your success.

Thanks, everybody! Smiley Very Happy

Buzbuz33 - I have most of the Special Events completed, but they still need work. Here is the current status:

THIS POST WILL BE UPDATED WITH ONGOING PROGRESS.

LAST UPDATE: 11/8, 5:02PM

Gran Turismo Karting Experience

B:

I: 

A: 

Jeff Gordon NASCAR School

B:

I:

A:

Top Gear Test Track

B:

I:

A:

AMG Driving Academy

B:

I: 

A: 

E:

Gran Turismo Rally

B:

I:

A:

Grand Tour

Sébastien Loeb Rally Challenge

__  __

Sebastian Vettel X Challenge

__  __  __

Message 9 of 19 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Nov 7, 2012

DUUUUDE - Congradulations DG! Ya finally got them all...way to go man. Your time on IB-3 looks about the same as mine lol. That was one of the last tests I golded out of all of the tests. As for the SEs, I still have 2 golds left in the GT (challenge 1 & 3), and I have yet to even finish the SV challenges with bronze lol. The remaining SE challenges are all gold though. Congrats again on golding all 60 LTs! Now you can go back and run them again to see just how low you can get your times (if you WANT to lol). I've pretty much gotten my times as low as I can muster and the fact that they changed the effects of tire grip doesn't help much (even with TCS turned off) lol.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 10 of 19 (273 Views)
0 Likes