Sep 30 2012
By: sim_driver First Son 2 posts

Seasonal event play is now pure **bleep**

[ Edited ]
23 replies 543 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

When are we going to get some events that actually use racing tires again? This "spec tire" **bleep** is not what I bought the game for.

Also, if we are going to have DLC's, why not make it something that can be used in races? like--- brake upgrade package, selectable tire and wheel sizes, adjustable tire pressures, 4 corner adjustability for suspension etc.

For a bunch that thumbs-down regulations, there seem to be far too many for what may be termed "expert races".

Let's make it better, or just forget it! 

Edited title for profanity.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (543 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Re: Seasonal event play is now pure **bleep**

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

sim_driver wrote:

When are we going to get some events that actually use racing tires again? This "spec tire" **bleep** is not what I bought the game for.

Also, if we are going to have DLC's, why not make it something that can be used in races? like--- brake upgrade package, selectable tire and wheel sizes, adjustable tire pressures, 4 corner adjustability for suspension etc.

For a bunch that thumbs-down regulations, there seem to be far too many for what may be termed "expert races".

Let's make it better, or just forget it! 

Is that an echo... echo.... echo.... I hear..?

Welcome to the forums, and know your frustrations are not dissimilar from others.

Though posts such as this will rarely get PD's attention.

If you want to actually try and help change these things, pick up the keyboard and take the time to read and evaluate and respond in some of the deeper discussions of things like this. Be prepared to to with specifics, not just complaints, and maybe even offer some reasons and or possible solutions as opposed to a single post.

Usually a post like this nets you 3 or 4 "call 1-800-waa-ahhh"-s...

But as I'm in need of some quick cash, please call 1-989-24w-itch..!

1.99 for the first minute, just 99 cents a minute for each additional minute... Call Today..!

(...yes, that's a joke...we do that here, sometimes even intentionally...)

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (530 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

Alternatively, perhaps the OP could learn to drive on 'spec' tires and not rely on unrealistic grip levels to mitigate their lack of practice?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

Destinkeys wrote:

Alternatively, perhaps the OP could learn to drive on 'spec' tires and not rely on unrealistic grip levels to mitigate their lack of practice?

I have no issue with mix and match. It's the constant rate of same old same old that keeps me away.

That and the ever changing tire model handling characteristics. Having to learn is one thing, having to learn 128 times quite another.

It takes me a long time to adjust to new changes, and many times they change again before I get the last change pegged down.

This last tire change is a good one, I hope they leave it alone for a good while and stop messing with it all so much.

As I have the reflexes of your favorite pet rock, it would be nice to get some continuity in game performance for a change.

That would enable me to learn what I need to do to my setups to adapt and do exactly what you speak of.

And maybe then they'd even have time to actually put some of those useful lobby/lounge features in place... :smileywink:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (512 Views)
Sackboy
491 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

I've actually gotten used to racing on sport tires. This last seasonal event with the muscle cars I had trouble with at first except Daytona, that was a breeze in the wind. I actually beat all races with the '69 Corvette Convertible. The one I owned I beat Daytona with, and the others I had to buy a new since tweeking with HP and weight ballast wasn't working out so great. You can beat these, and that was the best car I fought useful. I tried others, the GT350, Camaro SS, Camaro Z28, too heavy in my opinion, the 'Vette was lighter. As I'm really finding out lately, sometimes you had to sacrifice horsepower for weight. Horsepower isn't everything, but if you weight less than everyone else, you do have an advantage, just stay on the racing line.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (495 Views)
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

i'm kinda glad the seasonals are a bit more difficult, as much as i enjoy kicking butt, there is something to be said for just eaking out a win after a hard fought battle, pretty rewarding.
there is a time and place for racing soft it can be a blast to blitz a corner like that, thing is, on the edge of controll is where the fun begins. so af you reach that point at say 100 mph thru the corner on softs or 60 mph on sports you still reached that point where the challenge to keep the thing on the road makes the game fun.
if every race was easy it wouldn't be as fun IMO.
myself, the lambo on nurb seemed impossible, i thought i had a really good lap only to finish 11 secs behind. where am i gonna find 11 secs ?!? like WTH? though difficult not impossible, and VERY rewarding!
that being said whether it is a challenging race on RS or on SH makes no diff to me

and on that bombshell.....
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (487 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1033 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

While sometimes PD's car / tire choices seem a little odd my biggest gripe about the Seasonal Events is that there's no "race" involved at all.  By that I mean all we get now is a "Chase the rabbit" event, the lead car starts 30 some seconds ahead and we have to hope we can avoid the blockers and have a car fast enough to make up all the time, along with the seemingly increased difficultly level it's really started sucking the enjoyment out of them for me.

The only way PD can fix that is to rework the AI, right now they seem to do little more than follow a preset path around the track at a preset speed with very little deviation.  The AI needs to be changed to a point where they can run faster laps but without the "ride the rail" feel they have now, be aggressive and defensive so they will run two wide through corners rather than always yielding to "keep on their rail", and above all else they need to be improved to the point we can have standing / rolling starts but actually have proper competitive races without being stuck 30 seconds back.

It is possible to have better AI that makes the race more competitive, I've seen it in other games.  Sure it's not perfect there either but it does at least make for a much more pleasant racing experience, the races feel more like races too as you start as a pack and sometimes the AI even has it's own battles so you feel much more like you're in an actual race rather than doing an annoying "challenge mission" or something to win from impossibly far behind.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (463 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

I really have to agree with this one. As for the muscle car event, it posed very little problem at all. Even on junk rubber. My solution was the Chapparal 2D. Musclecar? Yeah. right.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
491 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

I really have to agree with this one. As for the muscle car event, it posed very little problem at all. Even on junk rubber. My solution was the Chapparal 2D. Musclecar? Yeah. right.

I could have used those cars, but as a previous poster stated, I used an actual real muscle car to have some competition.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
4274 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

BlackhawkBlues wrote:

I could have used those cars, but as a previous poster stated, I used an actual real muscle car to have some competition.

I'm with you BB. I used my Mach 1 for all the musclecar races. Not one of them needed the full amount of PP. (and I'm FAR from an "expert")

I ran away from the AI at Daytona with 425 PP :smileyvery-happy:

Proud to be a Monkey!

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (394 Views)