Mar 21 2013
By: White_R34 Uncharted Territory 1751 posts

Seasonal Events 2 Time Trials

11 replies 759 views Edited Mar 21, 2013

Now this is my first at posting anything about a time trial., but this time like the last one were they gave us a car. There doing it again.

We used the Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08.

Overtake Challenge No. 1

Event Period: 3/20/2013 22:00 -- 04/03/2013 22:00

This is a time trial on a section of Tokyo Route 246 using the Subaru BZR S '12.

Overtake rivals as you race for the finish line, but be very careful; accurate judgment and precision driving is crucial, as crashing and running off the track will result in immediate "Disqualification"!

Achieve a Silver or higher result and you will receive all the cumulative reward credits, experience and prizes up to that rank (One-time only)

PP Unrestricted  

Prizes: First Place in all Events

1000 Coupon (The 1000 mile coupon)

Gold: Car Restoration Coupon

Silver: GT Auto: Overhaul Engine

Bronze: Random Paint Pick

Use: Subaru BZR S 2012                 (Tires Sport: Hard)

Tires Sport: Hard                         Gold                     Silver                   Bronze          (Sunny)

Tokyo Route 246                      300,000                 150,000               100,000

Use: Honda  Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11     (Tires Racing: Hard)

Suzuka Circuit                         350,000                  200,000                150,000         (Sunny)

Use: Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12         (Tires Racing: Hard)

Nurbugring 24H                       450,000                  200,000                150,000         (Rain)

Time Trial No. 58

Event Period: 03/20/2013 22:00 -- 04/03/2013 22:00

Overall Prizes Random Helmet, Paint and Racing Suit pick.

PP Unrestricted     (Tires Racing: Hard)

Formula Gran Turismo: Madrid City Course Time Trial

This is a time trial on the Madrid City Course, using the Formula Gran Turismo racecar.

Gold                 Silver               Bronze

250,000             150,000            100,000

PP Unrestricted    (Tires Comfort: Soft)

BMW Z4 M Coupe '08: Grand Vally Speedway Time Trial

This is a Time trial on Grand Valley Speedway, using the BMW Z4 M Coupe '08

250,000              150,000             100,000

So please feel free to post your comments and cars settings.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 12 (759 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Re: Seasonal Events 2 Time Trials

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Thank's for the kudos, after running on all the tracks of the first time trial people with wheels will do really well here. After running a re-play from one of the low but higher scoring drivers. As I have found that the wheel will give you a boost in speed and handeling. An Yes i have tryed using a wheel on and off from time to time.  I completed all the tracks with silver.

From the first track (Tokyo) I see to beat the time of 1:07.500 you will have to pass every car on that track. (I keep comming in behind the blue car). The car is set on real grip with low boost and draft. My time: 1:08.067

On (Suzuka) you really need to watch your passing I got a 1:16.063, Here you don't have to beat all the cars just use your drafting skills. Here the car is set on Low wuth a strong boost and draft.

An on (Nurburgring) there's no rain, it's set in the the late afternoon when the sun is setting. Here the car has some really stiff steering (Like the power Steering is off. Your Tires are set to real grip with a medum boot and draft. So really watch your passing as this one will penalize you for any little bump. If the othere cars hit you (Disqualification) rub an opponents car (Disqualification). Yep the penalties here are really heavy! My sorry time of 1:48.851

An am I going to keep trying to beat the top times NO! It was a fun run and I'm moving on.... I have not ran the othere two trials yet...

(Note) to all my friends that are really using the DS3 controller. When your in the Online Rankings section, an when you click on the names of othere players to see there car settings. This is how you will know if they are using a DS3 or a Wheel.

As I have used a wheel once before an I can tell you that you can turn off the (Active Steering) and you can still steer really well with any of the Wheels that are out there.

Under some of the name you will see for Steering Type: 900* sequential Gearbox Racing Wheel, 200* Racing Wheel and otheres under this: Controller (Directional Buttons) or just Controller (Stick). This means there using a wheel that has bean detcted as a controller. From some good friends that told and showed me that if you use the microsoft steering wheel on the PS3's system, the system will detected it as a controller and the wheel it self will still function like any sony wheel would.

Bottom line if you see that the (Active Steering) is set to "OFF" there probably using some type of wheel. An a lot of them will argue you down to the fact that there using a controller and there just really good and beating the pans off you. Don't be there "sucker"!

All those really high scores are set with some type of streeing wheel. You want to get on high on the leader bord get a wheel. "Microsoft steering wheel" , "Logitech G25" ect... it's like having a sleeper contoller.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 12 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

There are DS3 users that are just as fast, if not faster than wheel users. Samurai_405, who is often near the top of TTs, and was in the top 10 of the global rankings of last year's GT Academy, uses a controller. When I did GT Academy in 2011, one of the national finalists made it to Orlando using a DS3 (and was pretty terrible when he had to switch to wheel for the head to head races), and he made it back to the nationals last year with his DS3 too.

Why does the listing of Controller (Directional Buttons) or just Controller (Stick) mean they are using a wheel detected as a controller? If you use a DS3 and steer with D-pad it will say Controller (Directional Buttons), and if you steer with the analogue sticks it will say Controller (stick).

I know controller users that don't use Active Steering, so I don't think you can say that anyone that doesn't use it uses a wheel. Last year during GT Academy, there were some wheel users near the top of the rankings using Active Steering, so it's not an aid used by only one type of driver.

I don't know about Microsoft wheels, but the Logitech G25 shows up as 900* sequential Gearbox Racing Wheel if you shift using the paddles/sequential shifter or 900* gated Gearbox Racing Wheel if you use the clutch and h-pattern shifter, so it's not really a sleeper or anything like that.

Edit: The current #5 on the Grand Valley TT #58, Rock_Starsp9, is using a controller. The game ranking says he is using Controller (Stick), he has Active Steering off (from your post, it seems like having both of these things means he's using a wheel that's been detected as a controller?), but if you watch the replay, his throttle inputs and steering inputs are clearly those of someone using a controller.

Message 3 of 12 (698 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Just because "you" can't use a DS3 controller without having ASM turned on doesn't mean "everyone" need ASM too. 

Just because some unsupported wheels are detected as controllers doesn't mean "everyone" showing as using a controller is using a wheel.

Just because "someone" is faster than "you" and shows using a DS3 controller without ASM doesn't automatically mean they're using an unsupported wheel.

Often times people actually using DS3 controllers with ASM off who are faster than you or I are just that.. faster.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 4 of 12 (667 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Just a quick note just passing all the cars on the time trial does not insure getting a gold trophy.

I assumed this mach like the original poster, but the computer does not always turn in it's best time. I beat all three cars a half dozen times before getting gold. Proof the computer does make mistakes.

P.S. I use a controller and the only option I use is ABS 1 (and any thing else the gods deem not to be turned off)

Message 5 of 12 (635 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Thank's for your comments every one and you to Dr_Strange, "Marvel Comics"??? An yes I now see that the GT AI makes some goofs.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 12 (629 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1691 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I just scored a 1:07.358 on challenge #1...#2 is already driving me "off-track" lol...haven't tried #3 yet. I'm using a DS3 too. I am using the driving line, but otherwise all other aids are at default setting except for TCS...I have that turned off, and I'm using AT.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 7 of 12 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1615 posts

Mar 23, 2013

The Overtake Challenge is quite tedious, as I only got silver trophies on all three events, never a gold, even if I did overtook all five opponents, albeit not getting the shortest time. Even though I did adjust the driving aids, I still end up getting the silver medal. Maybe it's just me, but I think they might need to correct the times or the cars' handlings, as I had trouble getting the gold several times. Smiley Indifferent

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 8 of 12 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Mar 23, 2013
I doubt they need to adjust anything. Keep working at it. Others have gotten gold on all 5, I'm sure you can do it too.
 photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 9 of 12 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I do not consider my self a great driver in GT but I am better than some. I usually only get an hour to an hour and a half of PS3 time a day. Less if my daughter is with me (shared custody 49/51).

To be quite honest I am amazed with everyone who gets a time better than the time set for the gold medal, but this is foolish as thousands seem to do better than the gold medal time in all of these challenges. My hat is off to all of you!

At the time of posting my first comment to this thread I had gotten gold in the first passing challenge and a silver in the second. The next day I attempted the third challenge Nürburgring, after much frustration the best I achieved was bronze.

Today after an hour and a half I succeeded in getting a gold on the Suzuka Circuit beating it by a full second and change. I also got a silver on the dreaded Nürburgring, and believe it or not I am only .8?? away from the gold. This was a few hours ago and I still can't believe it.

I still have my ABS on 1 but I raised my traction control to 3 every thing else is off (except anything the gods deem not to be turned off).

I hope they have more Overtake Challenges!!! I do not know about the rest of you but input from other cars on the track help me achieve better times. If this were a regular time trial I believe I would still have bronze in only the first challenge.

Message 10 of 12 (504 Views)