Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5004 posts

Re: Seasonal Event World Compact Car Race

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Well since golding everything at 400PP with my Mazda Roadster, I started going back through these with the same car at lower PP settings.

The lowest so far is 340PP, with 111 HP.

I've won the first three again at that PP

Autumn Ring Mini: 2.7xx second margin over 2nd place (Mini Cooper).

Rome: 3.8xx over 2nd (207)

Laguna Seca: 2.9xx over 2nd (Civic SiR)

Not sure if I can win the 'ring with 340PP. My best is 3rd place so far.

I just love the payouts with the low PP!! Smiley Happy

----------

My Tuning Setup (in case anyone's interested) NOTE: I use a DS3, so YMMV Smiley Wink

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 (Fully Broken-in)

Body/Chassis:

All weight reductions installed

Chassis Reinforcement

Aero = 5

No Ballast

Engine:

Standard ECU

Stage 2 Tuning Upgrade

Power Limiter = 55.6% @ 111 HP / 340PP

NO Intake or Exhaust upgrades

NO Turbo or Supercharger

Transmission:

Set to the track.

Drivetrain:

ALL Upgrades installed.

LSD: 5-40-5

Suspension:

RH = -17 / -15

SR = 3.5 / 12.0

D (Ext) = 8 / 7

D (Comp) = 2 / 6

ARB = 1 / 5

Camber = 1.2 / 0.7

Toe = +0.05 / -0.10

Brake Balance = 3 / 2

Message 21 of 31 (1,316 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Jan 21, 2013

White_R34 wrote:

Track 1: Autmn Ring Mini / 8 Laps

That 'u' missing from 'Autumn' is missing in the event and in the news post in-game, not just in this thread.  Stock Mini Countryman (except my usual 3/1 brakes) good for winning the middle three events.  Second at Eifel course maker on the track-learning throwaway.  Math suggested I was getting 10 seconds per lap which was real tight even with a great run.  Exited, returned with a well-tuned '91 Miata (lightened, supercharged, ~380pp after 2.10 pp update), added ECU and noisy exhaust for 398pp, lead AIdiot was a '05 Civic Si which I figured was good for me, but too much understeer in the Miata - more than in the untuned Countryman.  Hope that was skid recovery doing that.  Another 2nd but was close enough that I'll try it again some other time.

Message 22 of 31 (1,277 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

clacksman wrote:

White_R34 wrote:

Track 1: Autmn Ring Mini / 8 Laps

That 'u' missing from 'Autumn' is missing in the event and in the news post in-game, not just in this thread.  Stock Mini Countryman (except my usual 3/1 brakes) good for winning the middle three events.  Second at Eifel course maker on the track-learning throwaway.  Math suggested I was getting 10 seconds per lap which was real tight even with a great run.  Exited, returned with a well-tuned '91 Miata (lightened, supercharged, ~380pp after 2.10 pp update), added ECU and noisy exhaust for 398pp, lead AIdiot was a '05 Civic Si which I figured was good for me, but too much understeer in the Miata - more than in the untuned Countryman.  Hope that was skid recovery doing that.  Another 2nd but was close enough that I'll try it again some other time.

I have a GSX-R/4 on Share that has 200kg Ballast to 50/50 the car, a wing, and about 118 hp. I managed to win by 5.8 seconds. Had tried earlier with 88 hp and 696kg unsuccessfully by around 13 seconds.

Borrow the Gixxer and let me know what you think of the handling. Slidin' Good Fun to be had...........

EDIT: 3 spelling errors for me is too many to let the post be..........

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 23 of 31 (1,270 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Sounds fun.

Here's a search of all the 4200mm-or-less cars in GT5 : http://www.gtdata.net/car_search_results.php?search_id=11122

Message 24 of 31 (1,252 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jan 21, 2013

As usual the Suzuki GSX-R/4 is the car to go with if you have to win a 400 race. I won by 14 seconds at Eifel (Kart). It changed a difficult race into a runaway win! Thank Bro'!!

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 25 of 31 (1,244 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

I took all the races with the Elise 111r.  took a few tries to make up the 50+ sec lead on Eifel but was fun anyway.  kept finishing closer and closer to the rabbit till I finally drafted by him on the finish straight to win by .06 sec,  that was fun.

The only one the Elise didn't have enough for was Nurb' .  (seems that since the PP adjustments this car is less competitive, it used to be my 'go to' car for this type of event).  I had to use the BMW for this one,  absolutely smoked them in top speed with this little beauty.

Wondering how a 26 sec lead for the rabbit at the start,  suddenly jumps to 50+ sec. at the next timing sector??

As for the srf being locked on,  I agree it would have been better if they had given us the option to turn it off.  however, this seasonal gave more  of a challenge  than most of them have,  except the lambo on Nurb'.   seems PD figure overcoming a big lead would make it challenging enough.  I  wonder how hard it would have been to overcome that 50+sec. lead without the srf,  on CS.  close to impossible I would think,  for some of us anyway.   (I for one am just getting used to racing with fewer and fewer aids, which is pretty challenging since my wheel is still fairly new to me).    It would be fun to try though.   Oh well,  we will just have to increase the challenge by lowering the PP of our cars.

edit:  forgot all about the suzuki... duh!!  'gonna have to give this a go since i had it al set up for that time trial a while back..  we'll see about getting some PP difference bonuses.

and on that bombshell.....
Message 26 of 31 (1,234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Jan 21, 2013

dutchdmax wrote:

Wondering how a 26 sec lead for the rabbit at the start,  suddenly jumps to 50+ sec. at the next timing sector??

That's a timing issue due to the AIdiots getting the lead - the front AIdiot or three start in front of the first sector split or two depending on track length, so you don't see 'real' splits until later in the first lap.  Basically ignore the splits until you're starting lap 2.

Message 27 of 31 (1,231 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Aidiots.... love that, lol
and on that bombshell.....
Message 28 of 31 (1,226 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44531 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

The Polo wasn't a bad car to use. It might not get you a 15 lead at the finish, but it did the job while, at the same time, I was learning the track.

Message 29 of 31 (1,223 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3249 posts

Jan 23, 2013

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

I have a GSX-R/4 on Share that has 200kg Ballast to 50/50 the car, a wing, and about 118 hp. I managed to win by 5.8 seconds. Had tried earlier with 88 hp and 696kg unsuccessfully by around 13 seconds.

Borrow the Gixxer and let me know what you think of the handling. Slidin' Good Fun to be had...........

EDIT: 3 spelling errors for me is too many to let the post be..........

Was having trouble with Eifel, so I did.  Love it!  Smiley Happy  Went from running 4th in my car to an easy 1st. TY!

Did all the other tracks in my Renault Clio.  Autumn Ring, Rome, and Laguna Seca were pretty easy, but Nurburgring I didn't pass for first until the final corner before the Start/Finish line!

Message 30 of 31 (1,168 Views)
0 Likes