Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Re: Seasonal Event NR-A Roadster Cup

Feb 1, 2013

In the 'entry requirements' for this event, a car list is offered (reposted below, originally seen here https://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gt5/event/d6821.html).  The last car (Eunos Roadster (NA) '89) doesn't appear anywhere else with that spelling variation, including the official car list (yes I know there are other '89s).  Anyone own one with that exact name?

Roadster RS (NC) '07
Roadster 1600 NR-A (NB) '04
Roadster 1800 RS (NB) '04
MX-5 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04
MX-5 1800 RS (NB, J) '04
MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04
MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04
Roadster 1800 RS (NB) '00
MX-5 1800 RS (NB, J) '00
MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '00
Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89  < 'known' '89
MX-5 (NA) '89  < 'known' '89
MX-5 Miata (NA) '89  < 'known' '89
Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91
MX-5 J-Limited (NA, J) '91
MX-5 Miata J-Limited (NA, J) '91
Eunos Roadster J-Limited II (NA) '93
Eunos Roadster V-Special II (NA) '93
MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
MX-5 Miata J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
MX-5 Miata V-Special II (NA, J) '93
MX-5 V-Special II (NA, J) '93
Eunos Roadster S-Special I (NA) '95
Eunos Roadster VR-Limited (NA) '95
MX-5 Miata S-Special I (NA, J) '95
MX-5 Miata VR-Limited (NA, J) '95
MX-5 S-Special I (NA, J) '95
MX-5 VR-Limited (NA, J) '95
Eunos Roadster SR-Limited (NA) '97
MX-5 Miata SR-Limited (NA, J) '97
MX-5 SR-Limited (NA, J) '97
MX-5 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98
MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98
Roadster 1.8 RS (NB) '98
Eunos Roadster (NA) '89   < odd one here

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 88 (1,800 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I think I do, but I'm not near my PS3, and it appears from the conversation I just had with my client, I am not going to be at all tonight.  I will let you know when I get the chance to check.

If its a video game and doesn't require a steering wheel, is it worth my time?
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 88 (1,791 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41524 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I have most Miata variations now, but not that one.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 88 (1,786 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41524 posts

Feb 2, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

SRF locked on for a Miata? What were they thinking? :smileyvery-happy:

Having actually completed this challenge, I think I may know why SRF was turned on, now.

The normal courses that we all know are not that much of a challenge. Indy and Suzuka can be beaten on the first try, London and maybe Trial Mountain may take more than one try, but Eifel is not easy having to throw the FR car around a track we don't know. PD may have turned SRF on for this track, but then had to leave it on for all of the others, too.

Under the same conditions, you might grumble more if it was not turned on for Eifel.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 88 (1,777 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6659 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Feldynn wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

They weren't.

Given some of the recent changes and issues I find myself wondering if the people at PD who are responsible for them even play their own game.

For your info, they do play their own game. The Producer of Gran Turismo for the Americas showed up in a race with us Monday Night, in MasterGT's Series.

Ignorant comments like this are really unnecessary and show a marked lack of respect and maturity . You should be ashamed of yourself......:smileyindifferent:

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 88 (1,766 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 2, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

Having actually completed this challenge, I think I may know why SRF was turned on, now.

The normal courses that we all know are not that much of a challenge. Indy and Suzuka can be beaten on the first try, London and maybe Trial Mountain may take more than one try, but Eifel is not easy having to throw the FR car around a track we don't know. PD may have turned SRF on for this track, but then had to leave it on for all of the others, too.

Under the same conditions, you might grumble more if it was not turned on for Eifel.

A friend who doesn't own GT beat all 5 events on a side account of mine.  Indy and London were the hardest two - Indy because you don't have the power to overcome or even hold the scrub (some of which looked SRF-induced) so you have to be smooth and gentle on steering, and London because not much space.  Suzuka and TM were much easier (due to AI comparative slowness at both places, not even including the shortcuts possible), and the track maker Eifel track was re-used from at least one previous seasonal - I recognized it by sight - and once learned they're not extraordinarily difficult.  

Two consecutive so-called Expert seasonals with SRF locked to 'on' in <401pp cars.

Said friend was not inspired in any way to switch to GT from the other game on the other box.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 88 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41524 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

We can only guess why they are doing it and that was my guess for this bunch.

We can only hope that this is the last of it for "expert" events.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 88 (1,747 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Feb 2, 2013

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

Feldynn wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

They weren't.

Given some of the recent changes and issues I find myself wondering if the people at PD who are responsible for them even play their own game.

For your info, they do play their own game. The Producer of Gran Turismo for the Americas showed up in a race with us Monday Night, in MasterGT's Series.

Ignorant comments like this are really unnecessary and show a marked lack of respect and maturity . You should be ashamed of yourself......:smileyindifferent:

For your information it was simply a glib and sarcastic comment born of frustration at some of the things PD does, nothing more.   Perhaps I should have used one of the plethora of smiley face emoticons we have to properly convey that I wasn't being deadly serious? 

I know full well that the GT Producer of the Americas was in one of those Monday night races, the fact that they DO actually play the game yet still manage to release "expert level events" that have an "aid designed for beginners" forced ON only serves to further make me wonder "What were they thinking?".  :smileylol:  (did it work?)

If you want to take that glib / sarcastic comment as ignorant and showing a marked lack of respect and maturity that's entirely your prerogative Swerv.  As I know you aren't ashamed of your opinions and comments I certainly have no intention of being ashamed of mine, especially not at your behest.

Is there any logical reason for yet another "expert level event" to have SRF, the aid PD themselves describe as "for beginners", forced ON?  I can't think of one.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 88 (1,732 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6659 posts

Feb 2, 2013

No problem, Feldynnkeys.

Carry on with your glib comments and sarcastic responses. Nothing new from you either.:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Smiley enough for you?

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 88 (1,728 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Feb 2, 2013

"Feldynkeys"? Is that Destinkeys with another profile? Good lord, don't race in his rooms. Smug Tyranny.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 88 (1,724 Views)