Dec 18 2010
By: T3mpr1x Lombax Warrior 159 posts

STILL Cannot connect to server...

9 replies 16 views Edited Dec 18, 2010

Okay, so I was seeing the "A connection to the server could not be established" error a few days after the game released, which is acceptable. But now??? Come on. Is ANYONE else having this issue still? I am having absolutely no issues connecting to other games such as Call of Duty or Skate 3...

---
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Message 1 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Re: STILL Cannot connect to server...

Dec 18, 2010

I seen you posted this so I tried to join a room and was able too.  Perhaps try rebooting modem>Router(if you have one)>PS3 in that order.

Message 2 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1065 posts

Dec 18, 2010

eh i got get " you have been disconnect from the server" ,message.

and i play COD without any problems

CURRENT CHAMPION OF 2011 OF NOT WINNING ANYTHING
Message 3 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Dec 18, 2010

T3mpr1x wrote:

Okay, so I was seeing the "A connection to the server could not be established" error a few days after the game released, which is acceptable. But now??? Come on. Is ANYONE else having this issue still? I am having absolutely no issues connecting to other games such as Call of Duty or Skate 3...

For some reason, GT5 does not like UPNP. Log in to your router and make sure UPNP is not enabled. If it is enabled, disable it then reboot your modem/router. If this does not work, message me and I will help you out.

Writ of habeas intellegens.

Stupid until proven smart.
Message 4 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 19, 2010

Tried with UPNP disabled, and still unable to connect. Several of my friends from the same region have no problem connecting everyday.

On my side, i've been able to connected once or twice since nov. 24. I have absolutly no clues on what to do. I play dozen of game online, and that's the only game i have trouble with. pisses me off

Message 5 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 19, 2010

ello still today i have the same problem, I check my UPnP and i don't have it, in the PS3 they said that some router could not working with some game, DO i have to buy another router ... i'm so frustrate i waiting this game for 5 year... and i can't play online...aaah

Someone can help me ?

Message 6 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Dec 19, 2010

Gaudior2 wrote:

For some reason, GT5 does not like UPNP. Log in to your router and make sure UPNP is not enabled. If it is enabled, disable it then reboot your modem/router. If this does not work, message me and I will help you out.

My copy of GT5 loves UPnP.

How is your router set up OP?  If anything do a hard reset on it.

Message 7 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Dec 19, 2010

The next step, which should have been the first one I gave you, is to power up your ps3. Go to Settings in your XMB, scroll to and select date and time settings. Select Date and Time. Select Set via Internet.

If this doesn't work, the next thing to do is to is set a static IP for your PS3. I would be happy to send you instructions on how to do this in a PM. I, generally, recommend using an external DNS server for PS3's, as it seems to work better that way (for the record I an a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer with a Bachelor's in Network Infrastructure and Design and 5 years of field experience).

Anyway, the best external DNS server I have found is OpenDNS. Their IP addresses are 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1. this has been verified to work on at least three systems that my friends own.

Lastly, for now, try setting up port forwarding in your router. This requires setting your PS3 to have a static IP address. Log in to your router, look for something named: port forwarding, port triggering, port routing, or something similar. If it seems too far off, post here and I will tell you if it is right. Create a new rule to forward all communications on port UDP:3658 to your PS3's IP address.

Let me know if this works. I will give you the next steps after I have heard back.

Writ of habeas intellegens.

Stupid until proven smart.
Message 8 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 19, 2010

i try but on my UpnP it's nothing  when a check on my statut in my Ps3,

Message 9 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 20, 2010

Man, thanks!!   The DNS numbers did the trick.  I've owned this game from day 1 and haven't been able to get on until reading your post.  Thanks again!!!!

Message 10 of 10 (16 Views)
0 Likes