Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Re: Ripped off ?

Dec 16, 2010

Exclusive Collector's Edition Chrome Line Edition Car Pack

The Collector's Edition will also include a voucher for five exclusive downloadable cars to add to their in-game garage. Each of these cars features an exclusive Chrome Line Edition livery only available through the Collector's Edition.

Collector's Edition Content Contents:

• Gran Turismo® 5 game

• Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho

• In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital, covering everything from the history of the modern automobile to driving techniques and game reference material

• Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain

• Voucher for five (5) exclusive high-end cars with custom Gran Turismo livery and performance upgrades

• Numbered certificate of authenticity

• Custom collector’s packaging

Scroll down with the below link and read.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/collectorsedition

Seriously, I don't know what to say. 

Message 21 of 36 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Dec 16, 2010

They shouldn't do the exclusive offers its almost like cheating needing some decent cars to start the game off with, why can't people play the game from scratch?

Message 22 of 36 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Is it really that exclusive if anyone with $100 could pick it up? You didn't get ripped off if you got everything listed for the CE.

Message 23 of 36 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Im gametildeth and Im too busy playing to worry about if others get dlc cars for free.What I will say is that I think the CE was not a ripoff at all. Yeah $30 more, yeah they could probably put out the book, car and keychain separately. To certain people, the idea of the CE is to have all the stuff included together in a cool box. Thats it. Its all about the feeling at the moment you get it. Just my 2 cents.

Message 24 of 36 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Dec 16, 2010
So if its true that this Christmas DLC is only for Japan, which was a location the CE wasn't sold in, and also includes the Jag, which was EU only, how is it that we still spent $30 for a keychain and a toy car????

Seems like the CE buyers still win out in this deal.
Message 25 of 36 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Dec 16, 2010

There was no reference this was only happening in Japan, please confirm. if so, then this is a moot thread.

Message 26 of 36 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
873 posts

Dec 16, 2010

xxPHILdaAGONYxx wrote:

Is it really that exclusive if anyone with $100 could pick it up? You didn't get ripped off if you got everything listed for the CE.

The CE are a limited supply - I heard game stop and Amazon sold out before the game was released.  I expect they will be hard to get after Christmas  - so should be exclusive

Would be a bummer if they release them  as DLC - especially so soon.  But Forza did the same thing in Forza 2 (I bought my CE version of that game out of Canada for the extra cars but they release them about a year later as a "Platinum game")  GT PSP had "exclusive pre-order cars" and these cars were release on PSN about 6 months later for free.

I expect at the very least, they stealth cars will be released as DLC.  I hope they at least keep the chrome line cars exclusive but I wouldn't be surprised to see them given away in time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 36 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Dec 16, 2010

I still say if he got everything promised in the CE then he wasn't, nor was anyone else who purchased it, ripped off.

Message 28 of 36 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Dec 16, 2010

GUNSLINGER_R450 wrote:

There was no reference this was only happening in Japan, please confirm. if so, then this is a moot thread.

its on gtplanet....

Message 29 of 36 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Outlier73 wrote:

xxPHILdaAGONYxx wrote:

The CE are a limited supply - I heard game stop and Amazon sold out before the game was released.  I expect they will be hard to get after Christmas  - so should be exclusive

Would be a bummer if they release them  as DLC - especially so soon.  But Forza did the same thing in Forza 2 (I bought my CE version of that game out of Canada for the extra cars but they release them about a year later as a "Platinum game")  GT PSP had "exclusive pre-order cars" and these cars were release on PSN about 6 months later for free.

I expect at the very least, they stealth cars will be released as DLC.  I hope they at least keep the chrome line cars exclusive but I wouldn't be surprised to see them given away in time.

A year, ok, maybe but after a month ?

Broken game (GT5), broken promises (exclusivity) and broken trust.

Message 30 of 36 (6 Views)
0 Likes