Jan 19 2013
By: kevinride First Son 4 posts

Revert 2.10 patch PP changes

10 replies 472 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

After more then 2 years of learning and playing  they changed the core PP system. If you would like thing changed back to before the 2.10 patch Just say "Yes revert it back Playstation". No need to discuss the what the changes were in this thread, only that you want it changed back to the game that you knew for the last 2+ years. 

Message 1 of 11 (472 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1088 posts

Re: Revert 2.10 patch PP changes

Jan 19, 2013
Yes, please revert it back PD.
" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 2 of 11 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Jan 20, 2013

No, Leave them the way they are after the Update 2.10

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 3 of 11 (427 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Although it adds a new twist in car selection.... I say revert.  Its crazy out there right now......some cars are way overpowered.  TheChallenger SRT 08 has over 700hp at 538pp....???

aka smokeethetire
Message 4 of 11 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3654 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Actually, I'd rather see them do neither revert nor leave it as it is now.  I'd rather see them do what they set out to do and fix the PP system.

I think whan they fixed it this time, a sign got reversed and instead of increasing the PPs of certain cars which needed fixing, they decreased them by the amount of the fix.

Maybe the programmer wasn't a player and thought "I'm this car needs help to be competative in a group of cars, so if I increase the PPs, that'll do it." when it's the opposite, the PPs needed to be decreased to put it into a group it is competative with.   (or the reverse, but you get the idea...)

IF this is the case, the fix is simple.  Just double the "fix" they did this time.  In the right direction...

Message 5 of 11 (405 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Jan 20, 2013

dmcallis wrote:

Actually, I'd rather see them do neither revert nor leave it as it is now.  I'd rather see them do what they set out to do and fix the PP system.

I think whan they fixed it this time, a sign got reversed and instead of increasing the PPs of certain cars which needed fixing, they decreased them by the amount of the fix.

Maybe the programmer wasn't a player and thought "I'm this car needs help to be competative in a group of cars, so if I increase the PPs, that'll do it." when it's the opposite, the PPs needed to be decreased to put it into a group it is competative with.   (or the reverse, but you get the idea...)

IF this is the case, the fix is simple.  Just double the "fix" they did this time.  In the right direction...

I agree with the first line.  Not entirely convinced on the rest of your theory but it makes at least some sense.

I thought the biggest problem with the previous pp math was that torque was overrated, leaving many low-torque (and thus, many of the high-revving cars) at an advantage.  Noone uses a combination of full throttle and the low half of the tachometer when racing, so the 'power' portion of the pp should only come from, say, the strongest 20% of the engines powerband (because that's about how tight you can gear anything).

Message 6 of 11 (393 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Jan 21, 2013

yes this ^^^^

Message 7 of 11 (305 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

The biggest problem I have with the PP system, a problem that has existed since Prologue, is that a car's performance in speed, acceleration, braking, cornering, etc. are averaged to find the PP. So two cars -- one 30mph faster on the straights, the other 5mph faster in the corners -- can have the same PP because they would theoretically make the same lap time.

Does anyone remember the problems in Prologue caused by two drivers using the same car, but one driver having racing softs and less horsepower and another driver having racing hards and more horsepower? Sure the cars made the same lap time, but they definitely weren't equal as the PP number would suggest.

I think the PP system is a good idea, but their are too many variables that can cause performance discrepancies between cars at the same PP level. I think Feldynn made a good point in another thread by posting specs that could be used by a real racing series. Maybe future versions of Gran Turismo could have all cars classified in groups by certain specs; like drivetrain, power, weight, engine size, parts allowed, and aero; and then within these groups, the cars can be equalized through Performance Points.  

I feel the new update has made a lot of cars I wanted to use more competitive with the go to cars at the PP level I normally race at, so I like it. But I think the entire system should be tweaked for the future.

Message 8 of 11 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jan 23, 2013

In my opinion this is the most important discussion on this forum right now. With the obviously disruptive and overall badly received update it really shows how critical the PP numbers are and the level of attention that this equation, if kept in GT 6 should be given in terms of game development. If I were you as devoted GT player, keep this thread active and address it with valid concerns and possible adjustments as you see it from a users perspective.

This will truly be a critical part of the next gen of this series and should be carefully considered and hopefully somewhat user driven. With all of the pending releases and PC sims available GT will need to be as cutting edge as possible especially from a competitive standpoint. I look forward to constructive ideas and criticisms on this thread as it develops.

Cheers!

Message 9 of 11 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I like what Gar said about top speed throwing off the PP system.

I think that will always depend on how long each track's straights are and how much top speed is a factor there.

So what could PD possibly do to offset this with a PP variable?

I really don't know...

But when I think of this problem what comes to mind is SHUFFLE racing.  YOu could have a 60s muslce car matched with a modern car, but the muscle car's 4th gear will max at like 120mph or something.  In such races I think all the cars in that shuffle should be limited to that top speed.  But that is the programming taking over a LOT of the control, so I don't know if people would really like that.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 10 of 11 (224 Views)
0 Likes